Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Serious for a second, what is the practical objective of taunting? Trying to without evaluation for a moment to see if there's a positive strategy in it.

improve morale for your side and demoralize the opposition. taunting can also bring renewed attention to the conflict since emotional fatigue can set-in even for current supporters.

taunting is an age-old tradition when competing in sports and even in war.:manny:

Last edited:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
improve morale for your side and demoralize the opposition. taunting can also bring renewed attention to the conflict since emotional fatigue can set-in even for current supporters.

taunting is an age-old tradition when competing in sports and even in war.:manny:

But the taunting isn't focused on Russian soldiers, it's focused on Putin. Soldiers don't give a fukk about Putin's birthday. How does taunting Putin increase the chances that he'll give up and pull his troops, refuse to use nuclear weapons, and/or sign a peace treaty that restores Ukraine's territorial soveignity?

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
Serious for a second, what is the practical objective of taunting? Trying to without evaluation for a moment to see if there's a positive strategy in it.

Yup morale and narrative building….basically just social media era wartime propaganda Best I can tell

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
But the taunting isn't focused on Russian soldiers, it's focused on Putin. Soldiers don't give a fukk about Putin's birthday. How does taunting Putin increase the chances that he'll give up and pull his troops, refuse to use nuclear weapons, and/or sign a peace treaty that restores Ukraine's territorial soveignity?
eroding the image and support of a leader isn't something new really

but ngl im still kinda.... shocked at what PR has turned into lol. ppl really acting like a nuke wouldn't change the globe immediately.

i really hate the "but if he does it, we'll just _____" shyt. unless we got something that confidently disables that shyt in the air from half a world away then it has to be taken way more seriously than ordinary saber rattling.

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
If we’re scared of provoking Putin to use nukes, I think some twitter trolling should be somewhere near the bottom of the list of priorities lol

Like Vuva gets the news that the bridge to Crimea has been attacked and he initially makes whatever relatively reasonable response…then later that night he’s in bed searching his name on Twitter and happens upon some random meme cracking jokes at his expense and screams “nuke the sons of the whores :pacspit:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
If we’re scared of provoking Putin to use nukes, I think some twitter trolling should be somewhere near the bottom of the list of priorities lol

Like Vuva gets the news that the bridge to Crimea has been attacked and he initially makes whatever relatively reasonable response…then later that night he’s in bed searching his name on Twitter and happens upon some random meme cracking jokes at his expense and screams “nuke the sons of the whores :pacspit:
that twitter meme was the last straw! not the embarrassment of having his bridge destroyed on top of the other daily L's he's had to take for close to a year :mjlol:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
but you posting their shyt amplifies it because i wouldn't know what she's doing if not for twitter embeds.
Yeah, I still don't know who the anti-tankie talk in this thread is aimed at. There's nobody in this thread who roots for Russia or stan Putin. And those who may want to, aren't posting at all so why polluting the thread with it...