Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

Russia 'does not have enough troops in Kherson to effectively occupy region', says US​

Moscow does not have enough troops in Kherson to effectively control the region, according to the US.
Director of National Intelligence Avril Haines told CNN that the Kremlin faces "rising partisan activity in southern Ukraine" which could present a growing challenge.
In recent weeks, Moscow has pulled a significant number of troops from the area to fight in the Donbas.
One US official said this may have provided Ukrainians with an opportunity to overthrow locally installed Russian administrators.
It is not currently clear exactly how many Russian troops are in Kherson.
But should the area return to Ukrainian hands, it would damage Moscow's hold on the Black Sea coast and access to Crimea.

SnugglesDaBear

Superstar
Daps
I think incumbents will take losses, regardless of where they are on political spectrum, because current economic outlook is brutal and there is no light at the end of the tunnel. In some cases where there is a strong far right, I can see them benefiting off economic outlook, but I don’t think they’ll campaign as openly Pro-Russia anymore.

I also anticipate there will be fractures on exit strategies among G7 if current political and economic trajectory remains the same. We’ve already seen Macron/France diverge and try to push for early ceasefire, although he’s since backtracked after heavy criticism. I suspect this will be back on the agenda by end of the year if picture on the ground military remains the same.

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
^ y'all are gonna send breh into the -2 daps per post realm :lupe:

so this is luhansk pretty much under full russian control now right? i guess they're gonna move to siversk now? they're already within artillery range of there on two different mini fronts.

footage of melitopol ammo dump strike so this isn't a totally useless post lol