Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't even think that's what we're arguing - it was just disingenuous trashing of personalities. If "the Squad" or the DSA had said exactly what he wanted them to say regarding Ukraine he wouldn't have praised it, he would have just chosen a different reason to trash them in another context.

Well, I honestly don't remember @88m3 thrashing them before, but I no longer read the US politics threads so I dunno if he does that now. He usually reserves his ire for Bernie.

When I saw the tweet it seemed odd, The Squad has built up enough goodwill that you can reasonably ask, why was this said? Context is always important.

I am still not 100% on them voting against the resolution though, was it the seizing of the property a slippery slope for them?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Well, I honestly don't remember @88m3 thrashing them before, but I no longer read the US politics threads so I dunno if he does that now. He usually reserves his ire for Bernie.

When I saw the tweet it seemed odd, The Squad has built up enough goodwill that you can reasonably ask, why was this said? Context is always important.

I am still not 100% on them voting against the resolution though, was it the seizing of the property a slippery slope for them?

Yes - they've been fighting against civil asset forfeiture without due process, which they argue is unconstitutional, and see this as condoning the very practice they wish to limit. You can't argue that civil asset forfeiture without due process is bad and then turn around and say "but it's okay to do it to those other bad guys!" without impairing your own moral argument.

The loophole they could use here is that it's okay to do it to Russians because they're not citizens, but "it's okay to violate constitutional rights of non-citizens" is obviously not the path they would want to exploit due to the precedents that could set for other abuses.

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
do us a favor and go sign up you and a family member to go fight it :yeshrug:

putins not touching a NATO country. hes a washed up 70 year old dictator, trying to end his 22 year run on a win. he doesnt have the balls to go after nato :dead:
it's a proxy special operation that's very beneficial to america so he's requesting the kind of money that's needed to get putin and russia out the paint without american soldiers having to fight (so he doesn't need to go over there). when you view this as defense spending and not foreign aid, it's more than worth it. knocking russia down a few pegs is in the interest of the united states. humble these fukkers.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
it's a proxy special operation that's very beneficial to america so he's requesting the kind of money that's needed to get putin and russia out the paint without american soldiers having to fight (so he doesn't need to go over there). when you view this as defense spending and not foreign aid, it's more than worth it. knocking russia down a few pegs is in the interest of the united states. humble these fukkers.

It under stand the need to weaken China for economic reasons but Russia is already weak so I don't see how this conflict impacts us substantially.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@the cac mamba has joined the fray cause now his money red line has been crossed....

@88m3 and @Rhakim arguing about what leftists should stand for...

It's like in HL, every thread longer that 50 pages eventually incorporates these elements. (Notice I said elements and not avatars, don't come for me)

Fascinating.
why isnt england putting up way more money than US? this is your continent :childplease: