RUSSIA/РОССИЯ THREAD—ASSANGE CHRGD W/ SPYING—DJT IMPEACHED TWICE-US TREASURY SANCTS KILIMNIK AS RUSSIAN AGNT

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

:ALERTRED:

Putin wins. Again.

Exclusive: A leaked Trump bill to blow up the WTO

Exclusive: A leaked Trump bill to blow up the WTO
Jonathan Swan10 mins ago
Featured

1530477343105.jpg

Illustration: Lazaro Gamio/Axios

Axios has obtained a leaked draft of a Trump administration bill — ordered by the president himself — that would declare America’s abandonment of fundamental World Trade Organization rules.

Why it matters: The draft legislation is stunning. The bill essentially provides Trump a license to raise U.S. tariffs at will, without congressional consent and international rules be damned.

The details: The bill, titled the "United States Fair and Reciprocal Tariff Act," would give Trump unilateral power to ignore the two most basic principles of the WTO and negotiate one-on-one with any country:

"It would be the equivalent of walking away from the WTO and our commitments there without us actually notifying our withdrawal," said a source familiar with the bill.

Behind the scenes: Trump was briefed on this draft in late May, according to sources familiar with the situation. Most officials involved in the bill's drafting — with the notable exception of hardline trade adviser Peter Navarro — think the bill is unrealistic or unworkable. USTR, Commerce and the White House are involved.

White House response: Spokeswoman Lindsay Walters said, "It is no secret that POTUS has had frustrations with the unfair imbalance of tariffs that put the U.S. at a disadvantage. He has asked his team to develop ideas to remedy this situation and create incentives for countries to lower their tariffs. The current system gives the U.S. no leverage and other countries no incentive."

Be smart: Congress is already concerned with how Trump has been using his trade authorities — just look at recent efforts by Republican Sens. Bob Corker and Pat Toomey and Democratic Sen. Michael Bennet to roll back the president's steel and aluminum tariffs.

Read the full text of the draft bill (Axios retyped the leaked document to protect our source):

Get more stories like this by signing up for our weekly political lookahead newsletter, Axios Sneak Peek.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
This is a moot point because there is literally nothing that can be done to stop the nomination by the Democrats. Republicans have the simple majority needed to confirm.

Conversely though this is actually a very easy thing for Democrats to vote against to please their base on a symbolic basis. It would be even worse to vote to approve the justice on paper when you're vote isn't even needed to get them through.
The card to play here when it comes to the SCOTUS pick is obvious...

Expose the Rethugs on a national level for the hypocrites they are...

They fought so hard to block Obama's SCOTUS nomination because they said it was an election year that they've left themselves ZERO wiggle room out of not holding themselves to the same standard...Boehner, Ryan and Turtleneck should be plastered on every democratic candidates TV ad...

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
NwYaYFC.jpg

And there is nothing that can be done to stop this anyway. Susan Collins will decide. Period. Senate rules are set

Let me make sure that I got this straight...you seem to believe that if the supreme court seat isn't filled by midterms republicans are more likely to vote opposed to possibly not voting because there will already be another conservative justice in place?

You do know that conservatives consistently vote in presidential and mid-term elections correct? Drop-off voters - those who are registered and primarily only vote in presidential elections, if at all - are made up of primarily liberal voters. How ‘Drop-Off’ Voters Differ From Consistent Voters and Nonvoters

The 2018 mid-term election will more than likely have one of the highest voter turn outs of a mid-term in recent history. The idea that the D's should just throw in the towel on fighting the supreme court nomination is absurd but I was hoping you had some sort of well thought out reasoning. A poll on importance of voting topics ain't it.

Daps

They fought so hard to block Obama's SCOTUS nomination because they said it was an election year that they've left themselves ZERO wiggle room out of not holding themselves to the same standard...Boehner, Ryan and Turtleneck should be plastered on every democratic candidates TV ad...

That might be effective in courting independents but it's going to have zero effect on Republicans on office or their base. You can't shame Republicans into behaving honestly or honorably because they have no shame to begin with.

Their b.s. spin machine has a dozen options they can go with. Hero in a half-shell is already making the media rounds talking about getting Trump's nominee confirmed, and he hasn't even announced who it is yet.

It's not like you need their SC antics to show they're hypocrites.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
That might be effective in courting independents but it's going to have zero effect on Republicans on office or their base. You can't shame Republicans into behaving honestly or honorably because they have no shame to begin with.

Their b.s. spin machine has a dozen options they can go with. Hero in a half-shell is already making the media rounds talking about getting Trump's nominee confirmed, and he hasn't even announced who it is yet.

It's not like you need their SC antics to show they're hypocrites.
Yea and that's exactly who you want to score points with...

You want to win over the Obama Independents/moderates who in 2016 stayed home or voted third party...I believe the number was 4 million Obama voters who stayed home in 2016...They're the ones who decided the election, not white trash rethuglican retard voters that always show up and vote the same way...

The rethuglican spin machine can't spin themselves out of this one, way too many adamant soundbites from their current and former leadership about not picking SCOTUS judges during an election season...Trust me putting them on blast over this will score points with voters who are difference makers...

Last edited:

resurrection

By Way of Deception, Thou Shalt Do War
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX

But everybody knows, even the most hardcore MAGAt, that republicans are the ultimate hypocrites and flip-floppers and simply say and do whatever is convenient for them at the time. They don't even try to hide it. That's why the rules have changed. Being called a hypocrite or flip-flopper is more like a badge of honor than shame anymore, because the MAGAts give them points for being cold-blooded hustlers who would do anything to win. They do it with a smile because they know their supporters yearn for leadership who cheats, lies, steals, and changes the rules to suit them along the way. They literally do not care at all whatsoever about this.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity

Corrupt fukking b*stards....:ohhh:

A never ending web of corruption

this shyt is crazy.
trying to talk to people who don't follow this is almost impossible.

Wow. I sincerely think if trump wins this case, its a wrap. He's walking. They got the pieces in place to say the presidents above the law.

The supreme court is corrupt. This is crazy :dwillhuh:

america is gonna get a wake up call it doesn't even know it's asleep.
if trump gets a SCOTUS that is guaranteed to back anything he does and the House does not flip then some shyt is gonna go down.

my prediction if this happens:

trump will begin flexing HARD with the military...HARD.
first it will just be air strikes against poor brown, yellow and black nations on a level never before seen.
then he will casually threaten white nations with air strikes.
then he will put the men and women of the military into battle and occupy poor brown, yellow and black nations on a level never seen before.

he will pull america out of NATO and then say that NATO posses a threat to the US.

you see where i'm going with this.

"To fukk your enemies, you've first got to seduce your allies." - Saul Alinsky

Dems learn that rule and they'll win every election going forward

Dems need to start talking about packing the court.

The liberal justices shouldn't even attend this case and refuse to vote in protest

it's so fukked up that it's come to this.
it really hurts me to think about.

this is america.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
this shyt is crazy.
trying to talk to people who don't follow this is almost impossible.

america is gonna get a wake up call it doesn't even know it's asleep.
if trump gets a SCOTUS that is guaranteed to back anything he does and the House does not flip then some shyt is gonna go down.

my prediction if this happens:

trump will begin flexing HARD with the military...HARD.
first it will just be air strikes against poor brown, yellow and black nations on a level never before seen.
then he will casually threaten white nations with air strikes.
then he will put the men and women of the military into battle and occupy poor brown, yellow and black nations on a level never seen before.

he will pull america out of NATO and then say that NATO posses a threat to the US.

you see where i'm going with this.

it's so fukked up that it's come to this.
it really hurts me to think about.

this is america.

No he's said he would do exactly that basically alongside Russia. In 1987 I think he went over to Russia and then came back with this crazy idea of a bilateral control of the world between the US and Russia pointing nukes at everybody else to force them into submission.

It's crazy, but Trump is Crazy.

Thankfully I don't see the republicans keeping the house in the Fall. Also the senate could be in play more than people realize.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
No he's said he would do exactly that basically alongside Russia. In 1987 I think he went over to Russia and then came back with this crazy idea of a bilateral control of the world between the US and Russia pointing nukes at everybody else to force them into submission.

i did not know of this before reading your post.
i came up with this scenario based upon the facts which lay before us.