RUSSIA/РОССИЯ THREAD—ASSANGE CHRGD W/ SPYING—DJT IMPEACHED TWICE-US TREASURY SANCTS KILIMNIK AS RUSSIAN AGNT

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
These China problems are deeper than this thread

The boomers have been in charge way too long

Ironic that advancements in health care have allowed for prolonged life which in turn allowed these old politicians to hang in there and ruin healthcare

But I digress

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

Trump Falsely Claims Russia Investigation Started Because of Steele Dossier

Trump Falsely Claims Russia Investigation Started Because of Steele Dossier
May 21, 2018
Fact Check of the Day

President Trump has repeatedly pointed to the findings of a House Intelligence Committee report to insist his campaign did not collude with Russia. But that same report concludes that the inquiry began with a diplomat’s tip about a Trump campaign adviser — not the salacious findings of a former British spy.

The facts

False.
Quoting a conservative commentator who appeared on Fox and Friends on Monday morning, Mr. Trump claimed that the F.B.I. began investigating links between his presidential campaign and Russian election meddling based on a dossier compiled by Christopher Steele, a former British spy.

As The New York Times reported in December, the investigation began in July 2016 — after George Papadopoulos, a Trump campaign foreign policy adviser, told an Australian diplomat that Russia had political “dirt” on Hillary Clinton. Australian officials then alerted their American counterparts.

The information provided by Mr. Steele did not reach the F.B.I. officials charged with investigating Mr. Trump’s campaign until mid-September, The Times reported last week.

Republicans who hold the majority vote on the House Intelligence Committee have also stated that the investigation was opened because of information linked to Mr. Papadopoulos — not Mr. Steele’s dossier.

“The Federal Bureau of Investigation opened an enterprise counterintelligence investigation into the Trump campaign after receiving information related to Trump campaign foreign policy adviser George Papadopoulos,” the final report from Republicans on the House committee concluded.

Mr. Trump said he was “honored” by that report, which was released last month, and saw it as absolution.

Additionally, a memo released in February, written by Republican staff members for the committee, stated that “the Papadopoulos information triggered the opening of an F.B.I. counterintelligence investigation in late July 2016 by F.B.I. agent Pete Strzok.”

That same memo accused investigators of abusing their powers. Mr. Trump ordered its declassification over the objections of the F.B.I.

Source: Twitter, House Intelligence Committee, The New York Times

Linda Qiu is a fact-check reporter, based in Washington. She came to the Times in 2017 from the fact-checking service PolitiFact.@ylindaqiu

Supercoolmayo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Master Roshi's Island
US moves to lift Obama-era curbs on killing hibernating bear cubs in Alaska

The Trump administration is moving to reverse Obama-era rules barring hunters on some public lands in Alaska from baiting brown bears with bacon and doughnuts and using spotlights to shoot mother black bears and cubs hibernating in their dens.

The National Park Service issued a notice Monday of its intent to amend regulations for sport hunting and trapping in national preserves to bring the federal rules in line with Alaska state law.

Under the proposed changes, hunters would also be allowed to hunt black bears with dogs, kill wolves and pups in their dens, and use motor boats to shoot swimming caribou.

US moves to lift Obama-era curbs on killing hibernating bear cubs in Alaska

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
Or he already knows the outcome of such an investigation and isn't worried. :mjgrin:
Yep. If they found no wiretaps(remember him crying about Obama wiretapping him?)... This is a show. Will likely make 45 appear more guilty than ever. Another case where his runaway tweeting hurts him.

Some of you worry way too much. Take time away from this thread, please.