RUSSIA/РОССИЯ THREAD—ASSANGE CHRGD W/ SPYING—DJT IMPEACHED TWICE-US TREASURY SANCTS KILIMNIK AS RUSSIAN AGNT

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
I can understand why people are iffy on Comey, hell, I am too, but he's got the juice now. If he is a person that cares about legacy, he will go down as one of, if not the best ever intelligence agency leader ever if he is able to get charges to a sitting president that sticks. It doesn't behoove him to hide things now. We have acknowledged that they have been looking since July so to say that it is now public, but they will clam up seems to be at odds with logic. I think he's out for his own reasons but his own reasons will coincide with the release of the truth or most of the truth.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps

:russ:

I saw this pop up on my timeline yesterday. The Onion is a good follow for an occasional laugh. Especially love the stories that are so mundane and simple but still funny.

I used to live in Madison, Wi where the paper was started and they used to sell physical newspapers on the street and had newstands to buy the weekly edition for about a dollar. I used to pick up a copy when I ride the bus to school in highschool.

Objection

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
This.

The GOP probably would never impeach Trump no matter what, just off GP because he's a Republican, and the Dems don't have enough power to do anything.
If they can prove collusion with Russia and the republicans still sit on their hands:francis:...Right now they can sit there and try to deflect by talking about the leaks but once evidence is presented they have to act.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
If they can prove collusion with Russia and the republicans still sit on their hands:francis:...Right now they can sit there and try to deflect by talking about the leaks but once evidence is presented they have to act.

Do they though? I mean if they choose to ignore it, who exactly can do anything about it? :francis:

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
Do they though? I mean if they choose to ignore it, who exactly can do anything about it? :francis:
That'd be a political nightmare though.

They don't have to address it now because there is no "evidence" but a smoking gun is going to make all of them start considering self preservation and the future of the party.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY

Yeah and the reason why they would ignore it is because all of them are guilty of taking money from outside 3rd parties... :francis: they would all have to be investigated...

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
That'd be a political nightmare though.

They don't have to address it now because there is no "evidence" but a smoking gun is going to make all of them start considering self preservation and the future of the party.

Maybe I'm being overly cynical but I don't even think it would hurt them politically.

I mean it'd piss off people who didn't vote for Trump/Republicans anyway, but that's about it. All they have to do is say "Look at those black/brown people taking your jobs and leeching off welfare :damn: " and their base would probably forget about the whole Russia thing.

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
Whatever happens, the democratic voters have to show the fukk out for 2018, special elections, etc..and keep the pressure on with phone calls, emails, rally's, etc. there are more libs/dems, and right now, they care more about this than the Repub base does about keeping these folks in office.

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
No, I believe that. I don't think Trump will ever be impeached for any reason whatsoever. Most Republicans don't give a shyt because their guy is in charge and they are loyal to the party, not the country (to be fair, almost all politicians are this way), and most Democrats aren't strong enough or brave enough to really push for it. The ONLY chance we have of getting him out of office is 2020. That's our one shot.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
I believe that enough people will now start thinking about self-preservation. That's the next natural conclusion to make. These are career politicians that while having investment in the presidency due to being Republican, would rather live to see another day. This is not the hill to die on if you aren't already immersed in it. That's why I believe that partisan behavior like we saw from the GOP yesterday will give way to meaningful discussion once more solid evidence comes out. We can play fast and loose with assertions, innuendos and unverified claims but when those become facts, you can't dance around the 800 pound gorilla in the room anymore without waking him up.

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No, I believe that. I don't think Trump will ever be impeached for any reason whatsoever. Most Republicans don't give a shyt because their guy is in charge and they are loyal to the party, not the country (to be fair, almost all politicians are this way), and most Democrats aren't strong enough or brave enough to really push for it. The ONLY chance we have of getting him out of office is 2020. That's our one shot.
You guys act like Mike Pence isn't next in succession.