RUSSIA/РОССИЯ THREAD—ASSANGE CHRGD W/ SPYING—DJT IMPEACHED TWICE-US TREASURY SANCTS KILIMNIK AS RUSSIAN AGNT

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
Why are they not in Japan looking for the 8th Man? :dahell:

tary.jpg

wickedsm

Auntie Mozelle
Supporter
Daps

what do we think of this?
why is the eighth man continuing to be referred to as "the eighth man" when clearly people know who he was?
i feel like i follow alot of politics and breaking news and all ive seen is that its an american with no known Russia ties

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

The Trumps and the Truth
The best defense against future revelations is radical transparency.
The Editorial BoardUpdated July 17, 2017 9:27 p.m. ET
BN-UH971_1truth_GR_20170717182305.jpg

U.S. President Donald Trump in the Blue Room of the White House, July 17. Photo: Getty Images

By
The Editorial Board

Even Donald Trump might agree that a major reason he won the 2016 election is because voters couldn’t abide Hillary Clinton’s legacy of scandal, deception and stonewalling. Yet on the story of Russia’s meddling in the 2016 election, Mr. Trump and his family are repeating the mistakes that doomed Mrs. Clinton.

That’s the lesson the Trumps should draw from the fiasco over Don Jr.’s June 2016 meeting with Russians peddling dirt on Mrs. Clinton. First Don Jr. let news of the meeting leak without getting ahead of it. Then the White House tried to explain it away as a “nothingburger” that focused on adoptions from Russia.

When that was exposed as incomplete, Don Jr. released his emails that showed the Russian lure about Mrs. Clinton and Don Jr. all excited—“I love it.” Oh, and son-in-law Jared Kushner and Beltway bagman Paul Manafort were also at the meeting. Don Jr. told Sean Hannity this was the full story. But then news leaked that a Russian-American lobbyist was also at the meeting.

Even if the ultimate truth of this tale is merely that Don Jr. is a political dunce who took a meeting that went nowhere—the best case—the Trumps made it appear as if they have something to hide. They have created the appearance of a conspiracy that on the evidence Don Jr. lacks the wit to concoct. And they handed their opponents another of the swords that by now could arm a Roman legion.

Don’t you get it, guys? Special counsel Robert Mueller and the House and Senate intelligence committees are investigating the Russia story. Everything that is potentially damaging to the Trumps will come out, one way or another. Everything. Denouncing leaks as “fake news” won’t wash as a counter-strategy beyond the President’s base, as Mr. Trump’s latest 36% approval rating shows.

Mr. Trump seems to realize he has a problem because the White House has announced the hiring of white-collar Washington lawyer Ty Cobb to manage its Russia defense. He’ll presumably supersede the White House counsel, whom Mr. Trump ignores, and New York outside counsel Marc Kasowitz, who is out of his political depth.

Mr. Cobb has an opening to change the Trump strategy to one with the best chance of saving his Presidency: radical transparency. Release everything to the public ahead of the inevitable leaks. Mr. Cobb and his team should tell every Trump family member, campaign operative and White House aide to disclose every detail that might be relevant to the Russian investigations.

That means every meeting with any Russian or any American with Russian business ties. Every phone call or email. And every Trump business relationship with Russians going back years. This should include every relevant part of Mr. Trump’s tax returns, which the President will resist but Mr. Mueller is sure to seek anyway.

Then release it all to the public. Whatever short-term political damage this might cause couldn’t be worse than the death by a thousand cuts of selective leaks, often out of context, from political opponents in Congress or the special counsel’s office. If there really is nothing to the Russia collusion allegations, transparency will prove it. Americans will give Mr. Trump credit for trusting their ability to make a fair judgment. Pre-emptive disclosure is the only chance to contain the political harm from future revelations.

This is the opposite of the Clinton stonewall strategy, which should be instructive. That strategy saved Bill Clinton’s Presidency in the 1990s at a fearsome price and only because the media and Democrats in Congress rallied behind him. Mr. Trump can’t count on the same from Republicans and most of the media want him run out of office.

If Mr. Trump’s approval rating stays under 40% into next year, Republicans will begin to separate themselves from an unpopular President in a (probably forlorn) attempt to save their majorities in Congress. If Democrats win the House, the investigations into every aspect of the Trump business empire, the 2016 campaign and the Administration will multiply. Impeachment will be a constant undercurrent if not an active threat. His supporters will become demoralized.

Mr. Trump will probably ignore this advice, as he has most of what these columns have suggested. Had he replaced James Comey at the FBI shortly after taking office in January, for example, he might not now have a special counsel threatening him and his family.

Mr. Trump somehow seems to believe that his outsize personality and social-media following make him larger than the Presidency. He’s wrong. He and his family seem oblivious to the brutal realities of Washington politics. Those realities will destroy Mr. Trump, his family and their business reputation unless they change their strategy toward the Russia probe. They don’t have much more time to do it.

Appeared in the July 18, 2017, print edition.

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
If illegal immigration is mostly a result of people overstaying temporary visas, logic would suggest that issuing more temporary work visas for The industries you say harm black workers and drive down wages will only lead to more illegal immigrants.

Remember when I called deporting people without addressing the issues that lead to illegal immigrants in the first place whack a mole?

Further, immigration illegal or otherwise still leads to the same results that you and Trump are critical of. Namely, taking jobs from Americans.

You have to have some immigration

People overstay their visas because there is weak enforcement, once you start deporting people quickly then the overstays will stop

In memo, Trump administration weighs expanding the expedited deportation powers of DHS

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
what do we think of this?
why is the eighth man continuing to be referred to as "the eighth man" when clearly people know who he was?
i feel like i follow alot of politics and breaking news and all ive seen is that its an american with no known Russia ties

I'm going to speculate...but walk with me for a second.

For weeks we heard about a WH shakeup and at the center of that shake up was Reince Priebus. In WH leaks he's been the official whipping boy, with "sources" saying Trump has been upset with him on multiple occasions, Bannon has wanted him out since the beginning, and there was even a report last month about Jared and Ivanka in Trumps ear to get rid of him. He is clearly the perceived weak link in the squad if we read between the lines.

I speculate he's the eighth man and he's going to cooperate with Mueller. Which is why his identity is being kept secret.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps

For weeks we heard about a WH shakeup and at the center of that shake up was Reince Priebus. In WH leaks he's been the official whipping boy, with "sources" saying Trump has been upset with him on multiple occasions, Bannon has wanted him out since the beginning, and there was even a report last month about Jared and Ivanka in Trumps ear to get rid of him. He is clearly the perceived weak link in the squad if we read between the lines.

I speculate he's the eighth man and he's going to cooperate with Mueller. Which is why his identity is being kept secret.

I'm not shooting holes in this but he's on record as saying the meeting was nothing and basically backing Junior's false statements before they were proven false. I feel like part of that was who was in the meeting when it was just the female Russian.

Edit:
Special counsel turns to unidentified eighth person at Trump Jr. meeting: report

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Steve Bannon reportedly called House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) “a limp-dikk motherfukker who was born in a petri dish at the Heritage Foundation,” referring to the think tank whose fiscal conservative policies the representative espouses.

The detail is one of many bizarre nuggets in Devil’s Bargain, a new book on White House chief strategist Bannon’s role in President Donald Trump’s political rise, by Bloomberg Businessweek reporter Joshua Green, who has extensively covered the former Breitbart chairman.

Green wrote that Bannon’s comment on Ryan came during the spring of 2016, when it became increasingly possible that Trump would become the GOP presidential nominee, to the surprise and concern of establishment Republicans. Some of them had floated Ryan as a possible alternative if the party’s convention were to become contested.

“One fleetingly popular scenario to stop Trump from becoming the nominee was for GOP delegates to coalesce around a white-knight alternative at the party convention in July,” Green wrote, noting that Ryan had “emerged as the chattering-class favorite.”

This development, according to Green, “sent Bannon into a panic of his own” and the Breitbart chairman who later that summer would lead Trump’s campaign, began “plotting an all-out war to stop Ryan, of whom he was both fearful and dismissive — sometimes within the same sentence.”

While heading Breitbart, the conservative news site that frequently espouses white nationalist views, Bannon had long considered establishment Republicans enemies. One of the site’s reporters, Julia Hahn — now a White House staffer — often wrote pieces critical of Ryan.

Ryan’s office did not return a request for comment.

Trumpset all wins no losses :birdman:
NnHlLFzRoaGaz9Wn69aR_hot%20dog%20face%20party.gif

AZBeauty

Stop lyin' nicca.
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Il

I hope its Sessions or Pence myself.