RUSSIA/РОССИЯ THREAD—ASSANGE CHRGD W/ SPYING—DJT IMPEACHED TWICE-US TREASURY SANCTS KILIMNIK AS RUSSIAN AGNT

Clayton Endicott

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
A lodge of the Saints John of Jerusalem

He looks like Boss Nass :mjlol:

CNd1q4JUwAIlaBz

str8cashhomie87

All Star
Daps

MATT COKER

putin-and-dana_jack-gould-apologies.jpg

Dana loves him some Putin.
Apologies to Jack Gould
Facebook

• Print Article
A Massachusetts lawyer has filed a complaint with the House Office of Congressional Ethics and a letter to Special Counsel Robert Muller alleging that Orange County congressmen Dana Rohrabacher and Ed Royce received illegal payments from pro-Russia Ukrainian groups.

J. Whitfield Larrabee says while he was pursuing a case aimed at stripping the Connecticut law license of Paul Manafort—who was Donald Trump's campaign manager for two months until it was disclosed he received $12.7 million in off-the-books funds from the pro-Russian centrist Ukraine Party of Regions—he discovered payments from the Party of Regions and the pro-Russian European Centre For a Modern Ukraine to Royce (R-Fullerton), Rohrabacher (R-Huntington Beach) and Sen. Jim Risch (R-Idaho).

Payments totaling $2,500 to Rohrabacher’s campaign war chest were funneled through Manafort and Mercury Public Affairs lobbyists John Vin Weber and Edward Kutler and from the lobbyists’ clients the Ukraine Party of Regions and European Centre for a Modern Ukraine, says Larrabee, who points to Federal Election Commission records that also show Royce’s campaign received more than $6,500 from Kutler and other Mercury partners in much the same fashion.?

As the chairman and a longstanding member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee respectively, Royce and Rohrabacher knew that accepting contributions from foreign nationals was prohibited under federal law, Larrabee charges. These payments to Rohrabacher came a year after the FBI warned him that Russian spies were trying to recruit him.

UPCOMING EVENTS
Larrabee contends the contributions violate the Federal Election Campaign Act, which prohibits foreign nationals from making campaign donations to candidates for federal office. The same law has been raised after the stunning disclosure that Manafort, Donald Trump Jr. and Jared Kushner met with Russian intermediary during the presidential campaign—after months of vehement denials of the same.

Here is the complaint to the House Office of Congressional Ethics.

Collapse / Download
Here is the letter to Muller.

Collapse / Download
"It is likely that other Senators, Representatives, lobbyists, foreign agents and foreign nationals also participated in this expansive criminal scheme," Larrabee writes.

The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, which has been pouring resources into Orange County because it smells the blood of Republican House members in our waters, is also turning up the heat on Rohrabacher and Russia. This timeline of events comes from DCCC spokesman Drew Godinich:

· March 19, 2013 - Rohrabacher met with Paul Manafort and Mercury LLC’s Vin Weber, who Manafort recommended to work on behalf of Yanukovych. Initially, Weber lied about Manafort’s involvement in the meeting.
· March 19, 2013 – Rohrabacher received a contribution from Mercury’s Ed Kutler.
· March 22, 2013 – Rohrabacher received contributions from Paul Manafort and Mercury’s Vin Weber.
· 2013 – Mercury LLC, failed to file as a Foreign Agent, but disclosed their lobbying activities through the Clerk of the House of Representatives.
· 2013 - Rohrabacher did not act on legislation Mercury opposed. Two pieces of legislation Mercury lobbied on stalled in Rohrabacher’s subcommittee. They were introduced February 25, 2013.
· January 29, 2014 – Rohrabacher spoke out against legislation Mercury opposed in committee.
· March 2014 - Rohrabacher spoke out against the Ukraine Support Act and defended Putin on the House floor. He also urged Congress not to focus on Ukraine and instead focus on Radical Islam.

The Russia scandal also has Royce hearing from an announced candidate for his office. Democrat Phil Janowicz on Wednesday called on Royce, as chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, to hold public hearings on the controversy engulfing the Trump White House.

CSUF College Republicans Take Punch in Josh Newman Recall War (and More)
PREVIOUS

Chispa Hopes to Ignite a Unified Approach to OC Latinx Politics
NEXT

Matt Coker has been engaging, enraging and entertaining readers of newspapers, magazines and websites for decades. He spent the first 13 years of his career in journalism at daily newspapers before "graduating" to OC Weekly in 1995 as the paper's first calendar editor. He has contributed as a freelance editor and writer to several publications and been the subject of or featured in several reports online, in print and on the radio and television. One of countless times he returned to his Costa Mesa, CA, home with a bounty of awards from a journalism competition, his wife told him to take out the trash.
0 COMMENTS

Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories NewsletterOur daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know

RECOMMENDED FOR YOU