RUSSIA/РОССИЯ THREAD—ASSANGE CHRGD W/ SPYING—DJT IMPEACHED TWICE-US TREASURY SANCTS KILIMNIK AS RUSSIAN AGNT

delta

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What I propose to avoid something as calamitous as this Trump adminstration in the future, is some kind of qualifying or disqualifying exam or test (could be a series of tests, oral or written) to be given before running for the office of the president and maybe congress. Infact lets make it like who wants to be millionaire, on live tv. Put these cats on blast for their ignorance. I mean we don't mind a reality tv star being in the white house, and this administration might as well be an espionage movie filled with so much political intrigue

Something that covers current world affairs, economics, history and like. Subjects that all citizens can agree are relevant to governing. Because forreal, having straight ignorant bozos running the show is fukking it up for everybody.

Also consider that highly sensitive fields like medicine require individuals to renew licenses through exams over the years. Why cant it be the case for politics? I mean this shyt is really life and death.

you mean public debates?

the problem is that the public is supposed to be the gatekeepers and we are doing a bad job. i mean, people know campaigns run for months, know exactly when to vote (every 2 years in november), yet cant spend more than 5 seconds researching candidates issues

your proposal just makes it worse. who makes the exam questions? the party in power of course. it'd turn into census politics where republicans redraw districts so they can win more seats (gerrymandering, which might get repealed)

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Laurence isnt holding back :damn:

Tribe and Richard Painter (former W. Bush White House Lawyer) have been on the offensive against Trump from day one. In fact they both sued Trump as soon as Trump was sworn in as President.

Ethics lawyers sue President Trump, say business interests violate Constitution

Richard Painter also has some great tweets:
  1. Decision time? An important factor in deciding what institution to attend is your family legacy and alumni network.
    Richard W. Painter‏ @RWPUSA

2. Richard W. Painter‏ @RWPUSA 23h23 hours ago
    The Logan Act. Do this with the Russians and you go to the Big House, not the White House. https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/953 …

3. Richard W. Painter‏ @RWPUSA 23h23 hours ago
    If anyone on Obama’s transition team had tried this we would have had them locked up long before January 20 '09.

4. Richard W. Painter‏ @RWPUSA May 26
    USA duped by Russia, will live with the results for up to four years. Eastern Europe lived with worse for 40 years

5. Richard W. Painter‏ @RWPUSA May 25
    But a man in his position need only say two words to his father-in-law when something goes wrong: “Pardon me.”

6. Richard W. Painter‏ @RWPUSA May 25
    Undermining NATO. Payback for Putin.

7. Richard W. Painter‏ @RWPUSA May 25
    Who cares about 23 million people losing health insurance? These stocks will go up and guess who bought them.

8. Richard W. Painter‏ @RWPUSA May 25
    No excuse for this cover-up. I would have quit if the White House had asked me to do these things.

9. Richard W. Painter‏ @RWPUSA May 24
    A clear conflict of interest. And illegal. 18 USC 208.

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

full

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
One might just get irrational and needlessly start negging newer members for posting messages like a rejected infowars troll :stopitslime:

Thats not going to have any appreciable effect though...but thanks for playing.
Seriosly though what stops Putin from continuing this behavior, its a serious question and one you guys will have to answer. Is there a punishment for what Russia did or is it open season.....obviously IC will take revenge behind the scenes but officially and openly there should be a red line drawn here with consequences.