Maryland
So who's the cornball brotha now?
vD7lSE9.png

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
He do be playing to the cameras way too much. I remember he was on Bo's show and kept saying, "I'm just a kid from small town Virginia". I was like "niqqa you from Richmond, THE CAPITAL of Virginia". Trying to make that shyt sound like he was Walla Walla, Washington or something. Dude wants that Tebow love

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
I'm a big Russell supporter for the record. I can't wait until my son (2 years old) knows what is going on and can watch Russ play.

Funny thing is last week on Seattle radio they did a poll if Russell was "cool". One of the host said that he's dating a pop singer, just signed a new contract with Nike, hosted an awards show on Nickelodeon, and is one of the most exciting players to watch on the field.

After saying all the above he said Russ isn't cool. I completely agree that Russ isn't cool. In interviews he's very PC and by the book. The only time I think I've ever seen him not stick to his script is after the NFC championship game agains the Packers where he broke down and was crying.

Is Russ corny? No he's not corny. He he boring? Yeah probably a boring guy when he's not playing football.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
He do be playing to the cameras way too much. I remember he was on Bo's show and kept saying, "I'm just a kid from small town Virginia". I was like "niqqa you from Richmond, THE CAPITAL of Virginia". Trying to make that shyt sound like he was Walla Walla, Washington or something. Dude wants that Tebow love

You listened to that show too I see :laff:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
The black community y'all where being educated, staying out of trouble, not having a bunch of kids out of wedlock, being well spoken. Not doing drugs or drinking, not sleeping around, coming from a educated family where good values are instilled, not bumping trap music is considered cornballish

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va
The black community y'all where being educated, staying out of trouble, not having a bunch of kids out of wedlock, being well spoken. Not doing drugs or drinking, not sleeping around, coming from a educated family where good values are instilled, not bumping trap music is considered cornballish

This! Totally agree bruh. Another thing some black folks don't realize is his upbringing and he is mixed.

Dude went to a predominately white...fuk that...white high school. All his friends, associates, classmates, teammates, acquaintances, teachers, mentors, and girlfriend(s) are white. I seen pictures and he looked like a Carlton from Fresh Prince around a bunch of middle class to upper middle-class and affluent white folks. He can't help how he was raised. At least he dating a black woman now...and one with a child. Y'all always complain that too many eligible black/mixed men date white woman or aren't into women at all.

I swear....sometimes u just can't satisfy people. With all the issues in our community...we tend to focus and worry about shyt like this.

.༼-◕_◕-༽.

.༼-◕_◕-༽.
Daps
Reppin
Dona Nobis Pacem
Russell Wilson is a GAWD!!!

He comes from a long line of Black Excellence, he's intelligent, fine AF and thicker than a snicker... RW could bag the groceries at C Town and I'd still rock with him... Y'all don't know what the "Black community" thinks because you're not a part of it. His grandfather was president of one of the largest HBCUs in the USA... He IS Black Excellence by default and by definition!

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
What hood do you live in?

Sk3ptical

Free Shiesty
Daps
Reppin
#GMB #TeamForeign #7CertsGang
man shut your no swag having ass up u cornball ass nikka :laff:

DynamoEAR

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston/ATL
Only a matter of time before comments like this got dropped.:francis:

Doctor

Rookie
Daps
Did breh just say "Go Hawks" during his postgame interview? :what: Dude you're in the NFL, not varsity blues. I'm getting sick of this extra perfect ass nikka. Somebody needs to make a Corporate Russell Wilson alias.
see this is the shyt I'm talking about.
If he's not like me, well then he's not black enough/real enough?!?
Now THAT'S Ignorance.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
see this is the shyt I'm talking about.
If he's not like me, well then he's not black enough/real enough?!?
Now THAT'S Ignorance.
No man.
You don't get it.

Russell Wilson is purposely bland. He's following that Derek Jeter blueprint of never saying anything meaningful or polarizing because he's trying to be all things to all people.

And frankly it's going to work.
He will be seen as a safe commodity and he'll get endorsements and he'll be that "House Brotha" on tv shows and he'll probably crossover to daytime tv and all that empty bullshyt.

THAT's why people have a problem with him.
He's a talented football player with no vibrance or spirit or soul.

He tries so hard not to offend or express who he really is.
It's disgusting.