Russell Wilson Gets Released

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Did him diiiiirtttayyy
If you’re a new owner, and you have an old QB who isn’t playing well and making it hard for you t o build a team for the coming years… would you keep him in the basis of him having a black parent :hhh:

Dirty would be if they didn’t pay him and give him freedom, but instead benched him, played Danny DaVito cats and other running backs ahead of him and made him work out alone and shyt like that

Last edited:

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Any team that gets Russ and he’s able to squeeze out another season will be :wow:

They’ll be able to put that money on defense and weapons and have a high iq QB playing virtually for free

3Rivers

thaKEAF aint never lied
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Steel City
For all the Steelers fans begging for Russ… that deep ball ain’t what it use to be. If you can get him on an extremly. Team friendly deal that’s the only way they should try that. I get that Qb room Stinks but Russ ain’t the answer
:francis:

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Russell Wilson’s game relied far more on athleticism than we actually thought. People were talking about how he we gonna be a great MVP level player in his late 30’s and even early 40’s like Tom Brady or Peyton Manning Or Aaron Rodgers.

He’s no longer a difference maker(and hasn’t been in years) and is basically a 2019 Teddy Bridgewater style game manager at this point.

his height is the ultimate problem.

when you cant see over the middle, the qb position is different

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps
Sean Peyton was gonna do him dirty no matter what
All things considered, Russ did okay last year and started to play pretty well after week 6. I don’t know about the eye test. I didn’t watch any bronco games. Was his numbers all after the game was over?

Sean was the bad hire. You don’t get Payton and keep Russ. When they decided to hire him, that was the beginning of the end.

QB purgatory is the worst for NFL teams in this era. Broncos are in a tough division with Chiefs and Chargers. Luckily, they have the Raiders to try to beat. Raiders are in the same boat.

Let’s see what CAC QB Payton pushes for this year. They really can’t afford to spend big so are they pointing this year? Maybe Cousins take 20M one year deal.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All things considered, Russ did okay last year and started to play pretty well after week 6. I don’t know about the eye test. I didn’t watch any bronco games. Was his numbers all after the game was over?

Sean was the bad hire. You don’t get Payton and keep Russ. When they decided to hire him, that was the beginning of the end.

QB purgatory is the worst for NFL teams in this era. Broncos are in a tough division with Chiefs and Chargers. Luckily, they have the Raiders to try to beat. Raiders are in the same boat.

Let’s see what CAC QB Payton pushes for this year. They really can’t afford to spend big so are they pointing this year? Maybe Cousins take 20M one year deal.
i always assumed they'll draft a qb, cousins at his age isnt taking a one year deal, he can get a multi deal easily

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps
Russ wasn't done dirty at all.

Denver traded multiple picks for him and gave him one of the richest contracts in NFL history

His first season after demanding his own office and coining that cringy Broncos Country, Let's Ride nonsense, he puts an up a horrible and embarrassing season. Head coach gets fired and Denver cleans house.

His second season was an improvement but the new head coach came to the conclusion that Russ wasn't a fit in his system. Rather than continue to hammer a square peg in a round hole, Denver decides to move and bench him so they don't have to pay his injury guarantee. Denver is hit with a massive cap hit.

Russ walks away with 40 million dollars and gets to pick his next team.

Dude got paid at the end of the day. As soon as you saw the contract and what Broncos were giving up for him people were
giphy.gif

I’m no analyst and most fans aren’t, but I doubt anybody thought Russ was a top 10 QB. Even if you have to overpay, why that much? Who are you competing against for his services? Stupid trade and contract regardless.

Then you fire a coach that won’t work with him. Fans are cool with 9-8 seasons. They could have rode it out had they chose another coach. Now you are in cap hell for two seasons. Do you point this season just to try to get a rookie that you have to work with for 2-4 years?

The NFL is hard. They are 9 years removed from Payton Manning.

Who had the worst contract? Broncos or Giants?
:mjlol:

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
Russell Wilson’s game relied far more on athleticism than we actually thought. People were talking about how he we gonna be a great MVP level player in his late 30’s and even early 40’s like Tom Brady or Peyton Manning Or Aaron Rodgers.

He’s no longer a difference maker(and hasn’t been in years) and is basically a 2019 Teddy Bridgewater style game manager at this point.
It also became clear that Russ makes his OLs look worse than they are because his height makes it tough to work the quick middle of the field. That's why he always holds onto the ball forever.

Like Denvers OL isn't good but it's probably not as bad as it looked with him back there. In his prime he would turn 80% of those pressures into a positive play or throw away, now he can't move as well and he's just a dead duck. He's still an upgrade for someone like Pittsburgh or Vegas but the ceiling is obvious.

3Rivers

thaKEAF aint never lied
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Steel City
Hey man I get that y'all are desperate, but I've watched plenty of Wilson (From the time he was at NC State, Wisconsin, and Seattle) and I didn't see the same QB on the Broncos I saw on the Seahawks :yeshrug:
Ultimately I think Pickett gets one more season with a revamped oline and new offensive coordinator. Probably will try to resign Rudolph and maybe pick up someone late in the draft

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Russell did not have a bad season. Coach around his skill set like Pete Carroll did. Im thinking sean payton wants the plays he designs to run exactly the way he drew them up. He was never the coach for a declining Russ

Sean Payton's play calling was terrible half the time and the Broncos really didn't have that much talent especially with 2 WR's missing the season with injuries. Russ did okay under the circumstances. In the right situation I think he can have a really good year.