Russ Westbrook Just Played His Last Game as a Laker

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Blame him for not putting his foot down and taking control?

This was only his third game as coach.

What else could he possibly do given the fact he still needs to gain trust from the playing group and see what works and what doesn't?

The Lakers guard rotation isn't deep and talented enough for him not to play Westbrook in those moments, especially with Schroder being out. If only for the fact, if he alienates him this early on, it'll cause Westbrook to act out even more (we all saw him blame Ham for his groin injury when he came off the bench in the preseason). Nunn just came off a performance against the Clippers where he went 0-7 from the field, and then was 0-3 in this game; Pat Bev isn't even a factor on offense; which only leaves Lonnie, who's experience has been stuck at the end of the bench on a lottery squad in SA.
Hey …if he wants to let Russ take him down in his first head coaching opportunity that’s on him :hubie:

I would not be playing Russ in those situations …I would try my luck with any of their other guards and sleep well at night with that decision … I don’t think he just “gained the trust” from anyone this afternoon …if Russ wants to be unprofessional because you’re not bending over backwards for him then send his ass home …either you take control like a leader or you continue to compromise your teams on court product to stroke an aging vets ego …these are the types of culture decisions coaches are paid to make ..either Ham can handle the duty or he can’t

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps

Goes 2 for 1 situation up 1. :mjlol: :francis:

There’s just dumb decision making then there’s Russ Westbrook. Never go full Westbrook

And they wanted Russ to shoot that shyt too. Dame didn't even try to contest.

I'm a Westbrook fan to death but I can't defend him no more. :francis:

Last edited: