Russ Westbrook Just Played His Last Game as a Laker

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
People been pushing that rozier narrative for nearly a year from my understanding Jordan really likes him. Obviously it could happen but I feel it's media driven and not in reality.
I can kind of see where the narrative comes from as the Hornets could use the cap space for a max slot in the offseason before Melo's supermax kicks in. It'd be easier to move Rozier and get those extra picks than it would Hayward and give some up in return.

Daps
And this whole "he doesn't have the volume to overcome all of his fukkery / he can't be efficient as a low volume player" is nonsense.

He was 11th in time of possession last season (even had the ball in his hands more than Bron did, and Bron played more minutes). He simply isn't the same player he once was, and you clown ass mfers trying to state otherwise are conflating that with the type of player he is.

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
I can kind of see where the narrative comes from as the Hornets could use the cap space for a max slot in the offseason before Melo's supermax kicks in. It'd be easier to move Rozier and get those extra picks than it would Hayward and give some up in return.
Perhaps but the Hornets haven't been as bad as people have been portraying them to be they won like 43 games last year. Guess we will see.

Last edited:
Daps
Why does he show the next play i see what King James did the next time down court that was worst then what westbrook or anybody else did

WHY Is lebron taking 10'3s
I was gonna say the same.. Bron shot a damn air ball 3

#Narratives
I) Bron needs to shoot out of necessity because nobody else can shoot, add to the fact that because there's no shooting it means there's no spacing, so he's taking shots from spots he doesn't always want to, trying to generate offense.
II) Bron's been the sole reason the Lakers have been remotely relevant over this period since Westbrook has joined. He's the one trying to keep the team afloat, while Westbrook is trying to pull them under. He, rightfully, shouldn't receive the same blame for what's happening on the floor.

Anyone trying to direct attention away from Westbrook onto Bron is only playing a dirty game.

krazykid18

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I) Bron needs to shoot out of necessity because nobody else can shoot, add to the fact that because there's no shooting it means there's no spacing, so he's taking shots from spots he doesn't always want to, trying to generate offense.
II) Bron's been the sole reason the Lakers have been remotely relevant over this period since Westbrook has joined. He's the one trying to keep the team afloat, while Westbrook is trying to pull them under. He, rightfully, shouldn't receive the same blame for what's happening on the floor.

Anyone trying to direct attention away from Westbrook onto Bron is only playing a dirty game.

Stop ...that lebron play was terrible and with the stakes high ...lebron shouldn't be giving up possessions and taking step back fadeaway 3s with 50 secs left ...

When the game is close and small time best shot possible and lebron should've drove...that is all the discussion is about...

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Klutch may be the worse thing to happen to the Lakers ever.. single handely set this franchise back for years..
alonzo-mourning-heat-epiphany-realization-gif-4933735

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
There were attempts to control it early on in Oklahoma City. I remember sometimes Scott Brooks would publicly call out Russ making a bad decision or openly stat-padding. If you look at his game around 2011 and 2012 the shot selection wasn't as bad, the turnovers weren't as bad, the stat-padding wasn't nearly as blatant.

The problem was that the more accolades and fame he got, the more it went to his head and the harder it was for anyone to tell him what to do. And then when KD left they gave up, the "MVP" campaign happened and it completely went to shyt.

Imagine if they had traded him for CP3 in 2011 like the rumors had them doing....

On these boards I was on his ass HEAVY in 2016-17 for blatant stat-padding, terrible decisions, and not even trying on defense. And Coli posters just called me a hater. It took them years to see it too.

I just saw Gil-Scott Heroine (who i've had on ignore for four years running despite his passed on messages begging for me to talk to him again) both negged and angry-faced me for this comment.

Crazy that he keeps defending Westbrook while attacking Durant and LeBron. His insistence on stanning high-energy, low-IQ point guards has to be some wild projection.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Keep Rozier, let Heyward go. It’s almost time for his annual injury after playing well for awhile. I just don’t like that dude for some reason lol.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Klutch may be the worse thing to happen to the Lakers ever.. single handely set this franchise back for years..

How is that true? When they came into the picture the Lakers hadn't won a title in almost a decade and hadn't even won a playoff series in 6 years, and that Ingram-Kuzma-Ball core wasn't gonna win jack shyt.

Klutch got them the 2020 title that they weren't getting any other way, Westbrook's contract comes off this year and then LBJ and AD are the only ones signed, and going forward the Pelicans only have 1 future pick of theirs. How were they "set back years"? Would you rather they were paying $35 million to Ingram, $20 million each to Lonzo and Kuzma, signed Kawhi's broken body, and have no title now for 12 years and counting? What future would that give them?

Honestly all they had to do was take on LeBron and then sign a competent GM instead of fukking Pelinka and they'd have the best of both worlds. He makes terrible trades, lets the wrong guys go, and then never gets the trades done that he really needs. And for some reason they signed him through 2026.

Last edited: