Russ Westbrook Just Played His Last Game as a Laker

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Kyrie would help a lot. They'd probably be a 6 or 7 seed with him. But to be a real contender they'll need more rebounding and shooting. People were talking about a trade with the Jazz involving Russ for Conley and Clarkson. With The Jazz taking Russ to try and tank for Victor. If they can pull that off and sign Kyrie in the off-season and a rebounding big they'll likely be the favorites in 2023 if Bron and AD keep up the same level of production.
This is a perfect scenario tho. Getting a trade that good for Russ would be tough.
be a 6th seed with Bron, AD and Kyrie brehs :mjcry:

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
He played well with the wizards....

I still think any big man is gonna slow his game down 🏀😅 he needs a center less team or a team with no decent 4 or 5 to clog up the paint.

I don't think he's washes, he's a very unique player sorta like a 2k create a player with speed, rebounding and physicality.
Definitely one of a kind but honestly he has proven he can't win being as great a player he is. He had his chance in OKC when he was the centerpiece and couldn't get out of the first round. That happened for a reason. His playstyle isn't conducive to wins because he'll get his stats of course but on low efficiency.

This is the reason why people say prime D Rose was better when the debate comes up. Very similar players both were hyper explosive score first guards. But even if Rose wasn't gonna set triple double records he would win games because his ball iq was higher and he was a much more efficient player.

I mean look at them both now as Russ athleticism declines due to age all his flaws are even worse than before. Rose lost a lot of his athleticism but worked on changing his skillset and playstyle because he knew he needed to help teams win.

Russ is too hard headed and needed to realize he's a 3rd option now and needed to change his playstyle and develop a jumper. Even in Houston you could start to see it. Went to a jump shooting team and refused to develop a jumper. Should have seen that as an issue and atleast developed a decent spot up game. He didn't have to be lights out but good enough so the defense will need to be aware. And with the amount of shooting coaches in this league and trainers that are available now there's really no excuse for this.

Aight I'm done :mjgrin:

Unfiltered

The Dan Bongino Show (Mon. – Fri. 12p-3p ET)
Daps
Definitely one of a kind but honestly he has proven he can't win being as great a player he is. He had his chance in OKC when he was the centerpiece and couldn't get out of the first round. That happened for a reason. His playstyle isn't conducive to wins because he'll get his stats of course but on low efficiency.

This is the reason why people say prime D Rose was better when the debate comes up. Very similar players both were hyper explosive score first guards. But even if Rose wasn't gonna set triple double records he would win games because his ball iq was higher and he was a much more efficient player.

I mean look at them both now as Russ athleticism declines due to age all his flaws are even worse than before. Rose lost a lot of his athleticism but worked on changing his skillset and playstyle because he knew he needed to help teams win.

Russ is too hard headed and needed to realize he's a 3rd option now and needed to change his playstyle and develop a jumper. Even in Houston you could start to see it. Went to a jump shooting team and refused to develop a jumper. Should have seen that as an issue and atleast developed a decent spot up game. He didn't have to be lights out but good enough so the defense will need to be aware. And with the amount of shooting coaches in this league and trainers that are available now there's really no excuse for this.

Aight I'm done :mjgrin:
This is Russ right here in a nutshell look at the spacing, Lakers will never have this type of spacing with AD and Bron and dudes who can't shot.. This is Russ 100%

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
No but I pointed it out. Bron has been an awful closer for us his entire tenure.

In terms of 4th-quarter and clutch play he's been a good closer, but in terms of actual last-minute jumpers he's been noticeably bad since he joined the Lakers. I commented on this 2-3 years ago and my best guess is that he's just getting too old combined with all the injuries and doesn't have his legs under him by the end of games anymore. It's a striking difference even from 2018 postseason when he was absolutely money at the end of games throughout.

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
In terms of 4th-quarter and clutch play he's been a good closer, but in terms of actual last-minute jumpers he's been noticeably bad since he joined the Lakers. I commented on this 2-3 years ago and my best guess is that he's just getting too old combined with all the injuries and doesn't have his legs under him by the end of games anymore. It's a striking difference even from 2018 postseason when he was absolutely money at the end of games throughout.
I have no faith whatsoever that he’s going to make the final shot. I knew once Grant hit that shot that it was over. I don’t think he’s hit a true game winner as a Laker and he’s had ALL the opportunities. He has to be approaching 0-10. He’s hit a game tying shot his first year against San Antonio and that play in 3 with like a min left.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I have no faith whatsoever that he’s going to make the final shot. I knew once Grant hit that shot that it was over. I don’t think he’s hit a true game winner as a Laker and he’s had ALL the opportunities. He has to be approaching 0-10. He’s hit a game tying shot his first year against San Antonio and that play in 3 with like a min left.

He had a game-winning dunk against the Hawks, but that was after missing his free throws so it still matches the narrative.

And like I said, generally he's still fantastic in the 4th and in the clutch. It's just when it comes down to making a final shot from distance against tough defense with the defender right on him, it's like his legs aren't there anymore.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
to be fair russ bball iq was always suspect. that said, can't say i've seen a drop off this steep for a player not coming off an injury. it's like someone picked a random coli breh at the fitness center and put him in russ body lol. his athleticism is still there, but everything else is broken. hope a change of scenery can get him a reboot.
He’s playing exactly how he’s always played, it’s just he doesn’t have the volume to overcome all of his fukkery. He always had bad hands, terrible handles, trouble finishing layups, and made terrible decisions, but because he had the ball all game he was able to overcome these things.