Russ: Don't be mad at me selling out shows when your fav can't, the disconnect in ticket sales is they're faking streams

Woodwerkz

R.I.P. King Bean #8 #24 and Little Deuce #2 Gigi
Daps
Reppin
Mamba Mentality # Kobe&GiGi. #LakerNation #LWO

No one is selling out shows right now unless you're Taylor or Beyonce....not because they don't have fanbases but because LiveNation and Ticketmaster have price gouged the average ticket price hence the DoJ lawsuit.

yep. The wife and i was just talking about this after J-Lo did the same cancelling her tour. She said the exact thing you just did saying adding that people can't afford to go to multiple concert tours and with Beyonce and Taylor probably gearing up for another tour run they'd wait and see instead of blowing it on other concerts.

I got a bonus with my job and copped Usher tickets for the wife and I and i can honestly say i wouldn't have splurged on them if i just hadn't got that extra money. I only did so bc years ago we were going to see Usher in concert but she got pneumonia 3 days prior so we couldn't make it. I had floor seats and the cost me $475 for 2 tickets and we were on like the 15th row. I booked those same seats this go around and it was $1400. Here i am thinking we could possibly see Missy, Janet, Maxwell and Usher this year only to see the prices are outrageous. To see them all with decent seats would cost me $2900 [ Missy about $800, Maxwell $600, Janet $600, Usher $900 ]. So we just decided to splurge a bit more on the Usher tickets since we saw Maxwell years ago and she saw Janet already years prior to use meeting. Going to see Missy is still up in the air but unlikely.

She said "these other artist are going to have to just do touring festivals to get by soon bc they won't be able to headline solo for much longer".

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx
Russ been on Future's neck since this

Doing xanax and lean cuz your favorite rapper makes it sound cool is all fun and games till your impressionable ass gets addicted. Stop.
If I stopped ONE kid from abusing xans or lean, mission accomplished..better than getting ONE kid to try that shyt. Period.
A lotta rappers have romanticized & glorified drug abuse. That shyts not cool. Peoples lives get ruined from that shyt. Grow up.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Russ is the rap equivalent of that dude who caught his crush holding hands with another boy when he was 11 and turned into a raging misogynist all the way into his 30s.

I’ve never seen or heard him thank or celebrate his fans - I’m sure he has before - but I’ve absolutely seen 1,000 complaints and grievances.

You’d think he wasn’t successful.

Just another example that money, or success, doesn’t change you.

If you’re a loser, you can be a successful loser. He’s just a loser who can’t shake the personality trait, even through his success.

And it probably spreads to his fanbase and he probably attracts those same kinds of people.

Black Trash!

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Russ is the rap equivalent of that dude who caught his crush holding hands with another boy when he was 11 and turned into a raging misogynist all the way into his 30s.

I’ve never seen or heard him thank or celebrate his fans - I’m sure he has before - but I’ve absolutely seen 1,000 complaints and grievances.

If you’re a loser, you can be a successful loser. He’s just a loser who can’t shake the personality trait, even through his success.

And it probably spreads to his fanbase and he probably attracts those same kinds of people.
He probably lowkey hates Black ppl

Straw Hat Luffy

Superstar
Daps
My issue with this argument is it hinges on two stupid tour decisions. Jennifer Lopez thought she could capitalize off the recent success of Hispanic artists in America only to realize nobody fukks with her outside of the tri-state area, LA, and Miami. She's a bytch and doesn't have fans. Then there's The Black Keys, and anyone with a little knowledge of rock understood they weren't big enough to do an arena tour in 2024. They're slightly above House Of Blues venue status right now, I'm not even sure how many rock bands can do an arena tour today besides the obvious ones like Foo Fighters, Rolling Stones, and a couple others. The genre is dead in America.

The next examples are Pink and Justin Timberlake, two legacy acts going through that difficult phase where they realize the arena tour days are probably finished for them. Not everyone is Janet Jackson or Madonna, who can do arenas until they die. That's a rare status that most artists don't reach.

I don't think this is an economic problem as much as it's bad managers and formerly big artists who are too proud to humble themselves with a smaller tour. Plus Ticketmaster fukkery of course, which hopefully the DOJ fixes.
Pink performed at Wrigley Field a few months ago

I went to see Blink-182 at United Center where they sold out back to back nights.i think I spent 250 on a ticket.

Yeah tickets are ridiculous but from my perspective I think it matters about the artist like you said. Not everyone got the juice like a Madonna but a lot of these artists, specifically rappers of today, only got a song here and there that I fukk with so I wouldn’t even consider spending 60 bucks on them.

Since it’s the streaming era, artists go for those singles instead of putting craft into their art. I’m not gonna spend 50-100 on a ticket, then Ubers, then drinks, etc…. For one song

Prices need to be cut but I also think lot of these artists aren’t worth a Nickel

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
I don't fukk Russ at all but he NEVER lies when he talks about how the music industry really works
The fake streams is an absurd claim when you realize apple, google, and spotify all have the tech to spot it, and have zero incentive to allow it given theyre the ones paying money to the artists. They dont benefit in any way.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx

:laugh: you talk about him like he's Guido Wale

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
had to fact check this and russ actually sold out the LA forum:leon: future and metro are horrible live performers and with ticket prices so high i am not surprised they're struggling to sell out large venues.

Russ been on Future's neck since this

i enjoy some future's music but it's crazy that he doesn't do drugs but pushes that shyt in his music.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
GPFEkOSW0AAheOn

:picard:
Stop posting this old shyt. Its June 10th. That chart is from April 19th

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
I think it bothers y'all more that it's coming from him rather than what he's actually saying. Russ goes about his career the way you wish every artist you like did.
I really don’t care. I was just looking for daps. Dap me nikka. :ufdup: