Russ: Don't be mad at me selling out shows when your fav can't, the disconnect in ticket sales is they're faking streams

UpThruDere

Youtube.com/weupthrudere Subscribe!
Daps
Reppin
Orlando, FLA
Ticket prices are too high and damn near every ticket is a "Verified Resale Ticket" these days, not even worth buying a ticket until the day of cause the scalpers will drop the prices by like 50%, I went to the Travis Scott show earlier this year and waited like a week before and got 2 good ass tickets for $175 total(then Kanye decided to come to the show the day of and those same tickets ended up being worth $1200 each)

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Selling 60% of your tickets almost 2 months in advance is a bad thing? :dahell:

The 1st show is July 30th.

Fred.
I can always tell when those social media accounts are ran by kids and Gen Z dum dums

Dudes don't even have a grasp of ticket prices in 2024 so they're trying to pretend that Future and Metro album(s) haven't been on loop everywhere for the past few months

papa pimp

All Star
Daps
The price gouging has always existed. Even 25 years ago, if you paid for a ticket, you got hit with a 25% markup in fees. That isn't new.

The lawsuit is about the merger/monopolization, which was frowned upon then. One was essentially a promoter, and the other is a ticket company...but everything goes through them. So, they've shut down most of the other mid-scale promoting companies.

Monopolies leads to ......higher prices

papa pimp

All Star
Daps
It's a combination of things, but Ticketmaster/Live Nation are at the top of the list. Ticket prices are absolutely fukking insane right now, and concertgoers are forced to be more selective than they've been in a while if they're going to something that isn't a festival.

If this is a case where he's getting at Metro Boomin', I don't necessarily agree with the streams being fake argument, but I'd definitely say that this was a case of overestimating demand. Those two albums weren't strong enough to launch a tour off of, if we're being honest.

Yeah I agree that they are overestimating demand but Russ is off his rockers pretending he has a bigger fanbase than Future.

Daps
Reppin
404bywayof305
GPFEkOSW0AAheOn

:picard:
Where's that data from??

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

No one is selling out shows right now unless you're Taylor or Beyonce....not because they don't have fanbases but because LiveNation and Ticketmaster have price gouged the average ticket price hence the DoJ lawsuit.

My issue with this argument is it hinges on two stupid tour decisions. Jennifer Lopez thought she could capitalize off the recent success of Hispanic artists in America only to realize nobody fukks with her outside of the tri-state area, LA, and Miami. She's a bytch and doesn't have fans. Then there's The Black Keys, and anyone with a little knowledge of rock understood they weren't big enough to do an arena tour in 2024. They're slightly above House Of Blues venue status right now, I'm not even sure how many rock bands can do an arena tour today besides the obvious ones like Foo Fighters, Rolling Stones, and a couple others. The genre is dead in America.

The next examples are Pink and Justin Timberlake, two legacy acts going through that difficult phase where they realize the arena tour days are probably finished for them. Not everyone is Janet Jackson or Madonna, who can do arenas until they die. That's a rare status that most artists don't reach.

I don't think this is an economic problem as much as it's bad managers and formerly big artists who are too proud to humble themselves with a smaller tour. Plus Ticketmaster fukkery of course, which hopefully the DOJ fixes.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
i saw Russ perform at Hangout Fest on the beach. This nikka played 5 slow rap songs back to back and the audience loved it. Me and my homie looked at each other like wtf is this set so damn slow but the white people there loved it. Russ fanbase is depressed white guys and drunk white girls. He found his niche and I won't knock him for it...but I'd never watch him perform again. He's a good performer though. Just too slow for me I'm tryna get hype.

DeuceZ

Li pitit gason
Daps
Reppin
3rd Rock From the Sun
Some artists need to humble themselves and know that they ain't arena touring artists (either ever or at the current stage of their career) .. and that's perfectly fine:hubie:

Renegade47

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
North South East West
It's a combination of things, but Ticketmaster/Live Nation are at the top of the list. Ticket prices are absolutely fukking insane right now, and concertgoers are forced to be more selective than they've been in a while if they're going to something that isn't a festival.

If this is a case where he's getting at Metro Boomin', I don't necessarily agree with the streams being fake argument, but I'd definitely say that this was a case of overestimating demand. Those two albums weren't strong enough to launch a tour off of, if we're being honest.
2 tickets to see bryson tiller was $700+ i told my shorty fukk no.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
So no one bothered to look up this big successful Russ tour huh

10 North American dates and three of them are OAK-LA-PHX :francis: :francis:, and then he's doing theaters in European.

This is basically a local summer swing because the arenas as cheap.

That's very good and all but the reason everyone hates this loser is he always tries to pretend like he's actually at that next level.

Metro and Future are doing 25-30 dates in arenas in every metro area in the country.

Ask Russ why he isn't playing any shows in Florida, Georgia, Ohio, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Michigan, and only one in Texas?

All these tours are flopping btw. Across every genre there's a big artist with a huge arena tour announced that's selling 0 tickets that's probably going to have to be cancelled.

The Black Keys just did it and it's happening to Charli XCX right now. Camilla Cabello album flopping so hard they probably not even gonna announce the tour at this point

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
Who is Russ to always have big name rappers and producers on his projects??