Russ: Don't be mad at me selling out shows when your fav can't, the disconnect in ticket sales is they're faking streams

papa pimp

All Star
Daps

No one is selling out shows right now unless you're Taylor or Beyonce....not because they don't have fanbases but because LiveNation and Ticketmaster have price gouged the average ticket price hence the DoJ lawsuit.

Dboy41

All Star
Daps
He be saying some real shyt. Still remember him on Breakfast Club years ago talking about these rappers/celebs meeting 1 day and the next day they're "brothers"

shyt was maaaad funny and maaad true, especially at that time when everybody was tryna be some fake "we are the world" shyt with each other
Would Italians let a black man become a popular italian singer and then let him get away with talking shyt about how italian singers operate?

We’ve lost the plot.

Tallac

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have no clue who this man is...I thought this thread might be about Russell Simmons or Westbrook, but I didn't know why they'd be selling tickets for something
Same thing too :mjlol: When I saw Russ, I was thinking about Westbrook and Wilson:flabbynsick:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

No one is selling out shows right now unless you're Taylor or Beyonce....not because they don't have fanbases but because LiveNation and Ticketmaster have price gouged the average ticket price hence the DoJ lawsuit.

It's a combination of things, but Ticketmaster/Live Nation are at the top of the list. Ticket prices are absolutely fukking insane right now, and concertgoers are forced to be more selective than they've been in a while if they're going to something that isn't a festival.

If this is a case where he's getting at Metro Boomin', I don't necessarily agree with the streams being fake argument, but I'd definitely say that this was a case of overestimating demand. Those two albums weren't strong enough to launch a tour off of, if we're being honest.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly

The price gouging has always existed. Even 25 years ago, if you paid for a ticket, you got hit with a 25% markup in fees. That isn't new.

The lawsuit is about the merger/monopolization, which was frowned upon then. One was essentially a promoter, and the other is a ticket company...but everything goes through them. So, they've shut down most of the other mid-scale promoting companies.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Been screaming this for years and I don’t know shhit lol, it’s just common sense, streaming numbers can so easily be manipulated and faked, why wouldn’t they be? It’s great promotion, makes an artist look way bigger than they actually are, 🤷🏽‍♂️. And, like dude said, once you have to sell actual tickets, you see what the real is.