Run The Damn Ball Kyle!!! 2020 49ers Offseason Thread.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah as a good of a weapon offensively as he is, I think he's a bigger strength in the run game

I don’t think the money is the hurdle, the hurdle is not knowing what the cap Number will be next year. I’m hearing the cap will be reduced by 30-40 mil. I honestly don’t know what you can really do in this situation for kittle, he deserves more money but you don’t want to potentially be in cap hell like the cowboys/saints next year.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I thought one of the reason y'all traded defo was to keep players like kittle? Would of crazy if both are gone in a year or two
I expect them to extend kittle, but it depends on what kyle thinks of him :manny:
regardless I think this year if theres football he will be on the team, doubt even if they let him go they do it before next year

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
I thought one of the reason y'all traded defo was to keep players like kittle? Would of crazy if both are gone in a year or two
I would think the 49ers wouldn't be that stupid to trade a dominant defensive player who only missed one game to pay a TE. I mean Lynch obviously is a D guy and Kyle even is a D guy if it make sense. He agreed that Mario Williams was the best pick over a offensive player when he was at the Texans.

The only sense for the Defo trade was to be able to pay more players. Since Kittle is expecting much more than they are willing to pay, then I could see a trade happening. Nobody should ever break the bank for a fukking TE. :pachaha:

People keep forgetting that the 49ers WR corps have been trash for quite some time. I mean TO played for them how many years ago and they never had a dominant WR since then. :scust:

Just think about it. If the WR core was better Kittle would not have to pick up the slack. He would be doing regular TE duties which is mostly to block and get open on 3rd pass plays or be open if no WR is.

I mean would you rather pay an AB type WR(non headcase one) or a TE?

Last edited:

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
I would think the 49ers wouldn't be that stupid to trade a dominant defensive player who only missed one game to pay a TE. I mean Lynch obviously is a D guy and Kyle even is a D guy if it make sense. He agreed that Mario Williams was the best pick over a offensive player when he was at the Texans.

The only sense for the Defo trade was to be able to pay more players. Since Kittle is expecting much more than they are willing to pay, then I could see a trade happening. Nobody should ever break the bank for a fukking TE. :pachaha:

People keep forgetting that the 49ers WR corps have been trash for quite some time. I mean TO played for them how many years ago and they never had a dominant WR since then. :scust:

Just think about it. If the WR core was better Kittle would not have to pick up the slack. He would be doing regular TE duties which is mostly to block and get open on 3rd pass plays or be open if no WR is.

I mean would you rather pay an AB type WR(non headcase one) or a TE?
Yeah i was surprised y'all paid armstead and traded defo but kinlaw should be a good replacement

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I agree about Defo. I feel like they decided to keep the team the same as much as possible, while trying to resolve cap shyt.

I'd let Armstead and Ward go and try to get cheap young players at their position and pay Defo instead. Armstead and Ward couldn't stay healthy in other years and weren't good when the team wasn't good. DeFo was great fron day one.

:manny: it is what it is. I'm excited by Kinlaw but he's still pretty raw.

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
I don’t think the money is the hurdle, the hurdle is not knowing what the cap Number will be next year. I’m hearing the cap will be reduced by 30-40 mil. I honestly don’t know what you can really do in this situation for kittle, he deserves more money but you don’t want to potentially be in cap hell like the cowboys/saints next year.

When the NFL and the Players Association agreed on terms to play this season, it was agreed that the salary cap floor would be $175 million next season.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Jesus... They are keeping Kittle.

They are paying him top TE money ever.

He will allow it to be structured team friendly.

If not, we'll franchise him.

Book it
i