Rumor: Xbox getting rid of Xbox Gold, online will be free (Update: Live is randomly currently free )

Jonah

XBOT Suicide Prevention Squad
Daps
Reppin
Cali Crew
sega was anywhere close to xbl? Seriously say this shyt with a straight face. I’m old enough to know what Dreamcast brought you the table. shyt was shyt compared to xbl
I owned a PS2 and used internet “features“ on a friends Dreamcast those services were not as good as nostalgia would have you believe :comeon:

The Dreamcast going the way of the dinosaur despite being a pioneer in the field only further proves my point :sas2:. For them to not monetize those services wasn’t going to be sustainable from a business sense
did yall have the BBA or was yall using dialup :umad:
dial up was ass compared to the BBA:youngsabo:

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
so yall mad because I said you get what you pay for:dead:. We just gonna totally ignore the 2011 PSN hack (one of the largest data breaches in history w/ 77million users info being stolen and the network being down for 23 days) or how shoddy $20/year Nintendo Online is?

I work in tech so I have a pretty solid understanding of how these decisions are made at a corporate level and what it takes to keep such services running properly over an extended period of time. Of course as a consumer I'm down for paying as little as possible, but I'm not gonna expect any platform that has to host millions of users across the globe concurrently to not be monetized somehow. Customer experience is definitely important and there are right and wrong ways about doing it, but at the same time I think it's crazy to expect a Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, etc to just be willing to eat the costs of maintaining a fast, massive, and secure online platform because that shyt is not cheap.

So overall, I think it's great that Microsoft is willing to do this, but I'm not gonna necessarily hold the other companies to it because I truly don't think they can from a business perspective. Like, they could maybe do it but good luck telling that to shareholders next quarter without a Gamepass or Azure cloud in your back pocket:mjlol:

Yup. Regular brehs don't know this shyt goes down on the business side. I'm literally working on a financial model to justify 5G and edge compute deployments. That shyt is EXPENSIVE. The upfront capital to create these next gen streaming and gaming networks is crazy.

We bout to have truly lag free online gaming... :banderas: But somebody gotta pay for that shyt or else it's gonna be a pipe dream for a minute.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
so yall mad because I said you get what you pay for:dead:. We just gonna totally ignore the 2011 PSN hack (one of the largest data breaches in history w/ 77million users info being stolen and the network being down for 23 days) or how shoddy $20/year Nintendo Online is?

I work in tech so I have a pretty solid understanding of how these decisions are made at a corporate level and what it takes to keep such services running properly over an extended period of time. Of course as a consumer I'm down for paying as little as possible, but I'm not gonna expect any platform that has to host millions of users across the globe concurrently to not be monetized somehow. Customer experience is definitely important and there are right and wrong ways about doing it, but at the same time I think it's crazy to expect a Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, etc to just be willing to eat the costs of maintaining a fast, massive, and secure online platform because that shyt is not cheap.

So overall, I think it's great that Microsoft is willing to do this, but I'm not gonna necessarily hold the other companies to it because I truly don't think they can from a business perspective. Like, they could maybe do it but good luck telling that to shareholders next quarter without a Gamepass or Azure cloud in your back pocket:mjlol:
Exactly...

dakidblu

We Out Here!
Daps
shyt better not get hacked like that cheap playstation shyt then :stopitslime:

Typical Knicks Fan

F-ing Knicks.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
They always give the "no plans at this time" statement. I say we know when we get price and pre order info