Rumor: Xbox getting rid of Xbox Gold, online will be free (Update: Live is randomly currently free )

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
it’s great that a large number of consumers didn’t adopt that droll “this is business as usual” stanning attitude and roll over and just take it in the ass
Well some companies are willing to work with you, some aren't.

Otherwise we wouldn't have 70 dollar 1st party games.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
They say this as if this wasn’t approved by an entire committee of people over weeks if not months of planning.

But good on them for not doubling down like CDPR, this needs to be normalized
Xbox after the fukk up of the One launch can’t afford bad pr. They had to reverse this before hemorrhaging anymore users. They in no position to get cocky yet.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They say this as if this wasn’t approved by an entire committee of people over weeks if not months of planning.

But good on them for not doubling down like CDPR, this needs to be normalized
I'm sure it was, I can imagine phil being like this aint gonna work, while sales and finance are like :what: "why not?"

Phil This is going to kill a lot of good will and make headlines, if it does I'm pulling the plug.

Team:comeon: Just start the run.

Phil :unimpressed:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Xbox after the fukk up of the One launch can’t afford bad pr. They had to reverse this before hemorrhaging anymore users. They in no position to get cocky yet.

yeah, i already see people trying to spin this as if, “see guys microsoft DO care about us”, when it’s more like they saw the shyt storm on the horizon and realized there was gonna be a wave of cancellations.

I commend them on the quick pivot because I’m sure a lot of queued up blog posts and videos were scheduled for tomorrow morning

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
I'm sure it was, I can imagine phil being like this aint gonna work, while sales and finance are like :what: "why not?"

Phil This is going to kill a lot of good will and make headlines, if it does I'm pulling the plug.

Team:comeon: Just start the run.

Phil :unimpressed:
Yeah things like this is finance driven , xbox cfo probably wanted higher numbers in forecasting.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
A decision like this is not made in a tunnel. Microsoft tried their hand and it didn’t work out for them. There are no nobleman in the front office of microsoft slapping this down in the name of the consumer.

It was a bad hand.
It was flipped into a great one so smoothly though:banderas: