Rumor: Xbox getting rid of Xbox Gold, online will be free (Update: Live is randomly currently free )

Collateral

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You gonna have more 13 year old cacs calling you a nikka and threatening to rape your granny because they don’t have to steal their momma’s credit card to to play online anymore.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
But for PC gaming you don't have to pay to play online and there's literally a bunch of cross play games where I can play for free WITH people on Xbox or Playstation...

Nintendo's online service being $20 and garbage has no correlation to it's price. The freaking Playstation Vita had better online service and it was FREE. I know the longer answer but I don't think it's just "cuz they got good service". I think it's due to Xbox monopolizing online play since they can control it on their platform.

Like I said, PC online is totally different than any console ecosystem. Anybody making a console box pretty much has to have their own online infrastructure and proprietary software so everyone has a consistent experience. PC has always been much more flexible, and in turn, a lot less secure once you start talking mods,hacking,etc.. Yall seem to be totally overlooking the security factor here. Sony bolstered their online and started charging for it when the PS4 launched because they absolutely had to after the 2011 data breach. I had my PS3 at the time and experienced that shyt first hand. Free services on that scale is what will get your shyt shut down by "external intrusion" for 23 days and 77 million users data stolen:huhldup:. You have to constantly be upgrading your security practices in the back end (which is the stuff consumers dont see) for the entirely of the service's lifecycle which does have extensive costs for any company at that scale. XBL was able to get hacked as well but their data breach didn't have nearly as many affected users nor was the outage as long because they had resources in place to resolve it quickly

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
fukkers are the reason we're paying to play online on consoles as it is :francis:

Only reason they would do this shyt is because their trying to sweeten the pot for the xbox next gen.

they need all the bullets they can get