[RUMOR] Walmart to start removing physical Xbox games from store. Starting with Starfield (marking down to 3 cents potentially)

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
*dead for xbox

Its still the majority of sales for playstation and nintendo

From the Insomniac leak, overall global digital ratio for Playstation Studios was 38% from 2020-2022. That includes PSN only and Steam releases
Dead for 90% of people playing games period.

The few of you stans still holding on are the overwhelming minority.

Ironically the reason nintendo games still sell physical so much cause their lack of options when it comes to digital. If they offered favorable terms people would buy more digital games.

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
Good choice
Don't get me wrong though. Series X is my favorite console since the PS2. It's crazy to me that I can put in my Ninja Garden black disc and it'll play it in 4k 60fps or I'll put in Oblivion/Morrowind and be able to play it with better frame rate and resolution. I have games I've had for twenty years playable on my series X. Currently I'm playing Sonic Adventure, Nights, and more on it. In terms of value and library this is easily the best console I've ever owned.

But I can't invest in a company that doesn't value physical.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Don't get me wrong though. Series X is my favorite console since the PS2. It's crazy to me that I can put in my Ninja Garden black disc and it'll play it in 4k 60fps or I'll put in Oblivion/Morrowind and be able to play it with better frame rate and resolution. I have games I've had for twenty years playable on my series X. Currently I'm playing Sonic Adventure, Nights, and more on it. In terms of value and library this is easily the best console I've ever owned.

Its crazy how this was such an important part of the console at the beginning of the generation and now peopel are shrugging it off like BC doesn’t matter

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
BC still exists and is the best it’s ever been on xbox.

Y’all just paid $10 for “next gen” upgrade.

Microsoft is slowly stripping away your options. All those 360 and xbox one games yall kept are obsolete soon

xbox-series-x-refresh.png

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
So as someone that buys physical games for my Series X why should I continue to buy physical games on your platform? Serious question.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Digital only, on console, sucks because of the closed nature of the platforms.

I’d feel better about going all digital if it were like PC. There are options on PC outside of steam. Sure I still can’t buy or sell used games but I can shop other store fronts or just pirate if I want too.

Makes for more competitive pricing.

Can also play backed up and modded copies of my games

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Digital only, on console, sucks because of the closed nature of the platforms.

I’d feel better about going all digital if it were like PC. There are options on PC outside of steam. Sure I still can’t buy or sell used games but I can shop other store fronts or just pirate if I want too.

Makes for more competitive pricing.

Can also play backed up and modded copies of my games
Xbox games are offered for digital sale outside of the microsoft store, and can be played on multiple platforms with one purchase.

Sony was sued for locking their games down to their own store.

It’s no surprise that the platform with the most favorable digital rights is also the one with the most of its users going digital. :hubie: