Rumor- Tom Holland signs multi-picture deal with Sony and Marvel, will be lead in Kang Dynasty

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
to be fair he has developed over the past 3 movies especially in the last, and has an entire spiderman movie before this comes out...but really:

why are yall expecting spiderman to do more than 'be spiderman'? Since when is spiderman some really static character which requires a thespian to perform? We have had 3 spidermen who are all good for different reasons and are all 'true to the character' because spiderman has been many different things even as parker

we have the science nerd who is kind of a square
we have the highschool kid who is pretty clever and charming and dealing with family stuff
we have the college guy working at the bugle and broke as fukk but witty
we have the dude who has the baddest chick and is super confident while whooping villians' ass

Not sure what 'character development' is required for someone who has been spiderman in like 6 films to grow
Because right now in 6 films Tom's character is at #2 in your list, HS kid who is dealing with family stuff

People want to believably feel like his character as at minimum close to where RDJ or Chris Evans as the leading man. Right now the kids love him but the adults are like "ehh...he's cool I guess, but he's lil bro"

If he's just Spider-Man, that's cool, but that's not what everybody wants to see

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Because right now in 6 films Tom's character is at #2 in your list, HS kid who is dealing with family stuff

People want to believably feel like his character as at minimum close to where RDJ or Chris Evans as the leading man. Right now the kids love him but the adults are like "ehh...he's cool I guess, but he's lil bro"

If he's just Spider-Man, that's cool, but that's not what everybody wants to see
But he has been a successful leading man in 3 different spidermans with continued positive reception and box office success as that character….:dwillhuh:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
But he has been a successful leading man in 3 different spidermans with continued positive reception and box office success as that character….:dwillhuh:
But those movies aren't avengers, and should have a different tone than avengers. Which is why everyone is apprehensive.

I'm just the messenger and explaining the thought process. I don't really care either way

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
220px-Secret_Wars_8.jpg

Spider-Man-Secret-Wars.png
Make it happen Fiege :ufdup:

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
That’s the plan according to Feige. Can tackle that realm in his stand-alone films and still dive into those Avengers-level matters in Kang Dynasty.
Just curious to see how they do it without relying on him going back to Stark tech for the armageddon level events. They need to do a lot more development on him being a genius himself, because I’ve not gotten that vibe at all really from this MCU Spidey.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Lmao when i see panels like this it puts the whole comic book movies in perspective. These are goofy a$$ comics being translated to the screen and the over criticalization is just grown kids upset about their nostalgia being ruined

:russ:
Kang should have snapped his neck! I can’t take this kiddy shyt no more :damn:

Kenyan West

lazy fba philly nikka,
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Perhaps it's me being a grown ass man but Tom needs some serious character development. Spiderman 4 needs to be a solo event. No sidekick shyt, no whining, no crippling self doubt. If he's going to lead, he needs some grown ass problems and grown ass situations quick.

The quicker we get to college-aged, fully confident and experienced spiderman, the better.

Just give the lead to Sam Wilson, Marvel :birdman:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tony stark invented and perfected time travel by himself while drinking burbon in a cabin in the woods.

i'm sorry breh, he's NOT NERFED in MCU :russ:
Invented it on some "Damn, I'll look at it, just stop calling me. :aicmon: " shyt.
Perhaps it's me being a grown ass man but Tom needs some serious character development. Spiderman 4 needs to be a solo event. No sidekick shyt, no whining, no crippling self doubt. If he's going to lead, he needs some grown ass problems and grown ass situations quick.

The quicker we get to college-aged, fully confident and experienced spiderman, the better.

That's what it seems like we're headed after the last one.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area

yeah the playstation spidey is the ideal dude was handling a bunch of shyt as a young vet.