Rumor: Sony "Is in advanced board level discussions to acquire Take-Two Interactive" UPDATE: False

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
'179b in assets' is an empty statement that doesn't mean anything. Besides you proving the veracity of the 179b number, which 'assets' are you talking about? Fixed assets? Current assets? Intangible assets? Deferred assets?

Furthermore, 'i think they're operating on 26 billion' literally means nothing and has no bearing on their ability to buy R*

What's their FCF? Net Income? Cash balance? Those are more pertinent than an unsubstantiated 'operating on 26 billion'
Can't say I know the answer but take two clearly is purhaseble by the bigger fish, sony

Doctor Wily

CapcomSwag
Daps
This would actually be good for gaming

The best non indie/aka titles are coming from Sony right now so :manny:

Indie titles are the future anyway (at least for those born before 1995 :old:).

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
This would actually be good for gaming

The best non indie/aka titles are coming from Sony right now so :manny:

Indie titles are the future anyway (at least for those born before 1995 :old:).
It'd be terrible for gaming, doesn't benefit anyone but Take Two's shareholders

Sony lose as buying R* doesn't move the needle for them, they already have a commanding lead. They won't move more console units and will make less money making R* titles consoles exclusives and if they don't do that, they've spent 15-20b to publish multiplats??

Furthermore, they've shown great aptitude at developing their own 1st party IPs (GoW, Horizon, Spidey, Death Stranding etc) at significantly less cost. Buying R* takes away financial investment from continuing the trend & disrupts executive focus.

XBots and Nintendo owners lose as they may not get R* titles

Fwiw, I think this is clickbait/fake news. Sony needs to be investing in cloud infrastructure because post PS6/Xbox 2 era they will be left behind by MS, Google, Nvidia and even Amazon

Last edited:

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
Ewwwww...

I'm a Sony Stan and I wouldn't support this move. It would be a terrible blow to Microsoft, and we need MS to come with heat to keep Sony on their toes. Competition, for consumers, is good.

Would be more bytchmade than EA having the only NFL console franchise.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
best thing that could happen to gaming.
Rockstar wouldnt have to worry about microtransantions or mandatory multiplayer.
:mjlol::mjlol:

Rockstar doesn't have to worry about microtransactions these days and they implement it.

Red Dead 2 made a reported $725 mill in it's opening weekend.

A Sony takeover would be as beneficial, on paper, as video games going digital...

Meaning, you'd think they'd do the Goodwill thing yet digital games are still $60 at release and best believe the lower first week profit margins of red Dead not being multiplatform would probably mean Sony consumers getting beat in the head even more.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
NBA gotta threaten to pull the license or something. This is the first time I didn’t get the Xbox too (usually get both) , but exclusives in general are fukkin wack, unless the game couldn’t have been made without the backing.

If you grown, still on that fanboy shyt, you better have stock in MS or Sony :scust:
LOL what you crying about.
you'll stil have NBA live.

:mjlit:

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
These boys would be fine with Microsoft bringing all online gaming under their umbrella but draw the line at Sony "possibly" acquiring 2K:DAIGOMJLOL: It's funny watching ya'll squirm.
Wait...what?

Microsoft bringing all online gaming under their umbrella? Or just licensed Msft studio games?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Can't say I know the answer but take two clearly is purhaseble by the bigger fish, sony
Sony isn’t even the bigger fish here when it comes to gaming.

Rockstar is bigger and has a larger budget than any Sony studio.

This acquisition would literally make zero sense for all involved.

It only makes sense for stan reasons:mjlol:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Wait...what?

Microsoft bringing all online gaming under their umbrella? Or just licensed Msft studio games?
Some are salivating at the idea (no matter how far fetched it may be) of all console gaming being done under "XBOX LIVE" with seemingly no concern of how that would create a monopoly and hurt consumers / gamers.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Sony isn’t even the bigger fish here when it comes to gaming.

Rockstar is bigger and has a larger budget than any Sony studio.

This acquisition would literally make zero sense for all involved.

It only makes sense for stan reasons:mjlol:
In the end creatives will rule the world, not the middle men.
The internet made the direct to consumer relationship simple.
Console manufacturers will not dictate the market anymore.
Publishers and Devs will go straight to the consumer and control the lion's share of the revenue and make console manufacturers bend to their products and not the other way around as it has been up until this point.