Rumor: Sony "Is in advanced board level discussions to acquire Take-Two Interactive" UPDATE: False

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Some are salivating at the idea (no matter how far fetched it may be) of all console gaming being done under "XBOX LIVE" with seemingly no concern of how that would create a monopoly and hurt consumers / gamers.
Damn...I was under the impression that it would be multiplayer gaming for any online game.licensed by Msft Studios which would be the buffer to nikkas trolling the Xbox's proliferation with "why do we need an Xbox again?"

But, damn, nikkas salivating over every game, made by every studio, including studios owned by competing consoles, needing Xbox Live to play it?

Crazy shyt, breh. Tag me in that thread.:wow:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
In the end creatives will rule the world, not the middle men.
The internet made the direct to consumer relationship simple.
Console manufacturers will not dictate the market anymore.
Publishers and Devs will go straight to the consumer and control the lion's share of the revenue and make console manufacturers bend to their products and not the other way around as it has been up until this point.
Yup, especially with cloud gaming coming. Lots of people won’t even be using console hardware. The industry going forward will be about getting your game on as many platforms as possible, not restricting access.

An acquisition like this makes sense for a smaller/mid size dev that can make it to the next level with big publisher baking. One large publisher purchasing another makes zero sense and has no real precedent in the industry. Also this rumor has been debunked already.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Damn...I was under the impression that it would be multiplayer gaming for any online game.licensed by Msft Studios which would be the buffer to nikkas trolling the Xbox's proliferation with "why do we need an Xbox again?"

But, damn, nikkas salivating over every game, made by every studio, including studios owned by competing consoles, needing Xbox Live to play it?

Crazy shyt, breh. Tag me in that thread.:wow:
Cross platform play needs to be standard....and it needs to happen under an independent umbrella(s) not XBOX Live.
@PS4 will school us all though and how XBL will be the place for all online gaming.
Take it away Court.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
KyFD.gif
Wroooooong Xbox stans, breh:troll:

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Cross platform play needs to be standard....and it needs to happen under an independent umbrella(s) not XBOX Live.
@PS4 will school us all though and how XBL will be the place for all online gaming.
Take it away Court.
The fact that you essentially called on the Coli's version of Candyman by tagging him to provide the wacky and biased Xbox opinion as representative of Xbox Fam...

That's a new low for my nikka Revy
...but I respect it.:pachaha:

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Sidenote: The gentleman in that gif finds black masculinity toxic. Did you pick him in Crackdown 2.5? :DAIGOCOFFEE:
I didn't pick him.

I picked the intellectual property avatar he was paid to be a design model for.

:troll:

By the way, the Sony company that you often attempt to provide an objective stance for was exposed for racist emails.

Did you pick the Sony Blu Ray player over the Samsung?:mjgrin:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
The fact that you essentially called on the Coli's version of Candyman by tagging him to provide the wacky and biased Xbox opinion as representative of Xbox Fam...

That's a new low for my nikka Revy
...but I respect it.:pachaha:
The Arcadium is like a small close nit family these days.
I treat everyone on here like cousins. It's all just goofin' around.
This forum might be dead but the few of us that stick around know eachother well enough at this point to not take things too seriously.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I didn't pick him.

I picked the intellectual property avatar he was paid to be a design model for.

:troll:

By the way, the Sony company that you often attempt to provide an objective stance for was exposed for racist emails.

Did you pick the Sony Blu Ray player over the Samsung?:mjgrin:
:picard:Excuse me sir.
:ufdup:I only watch 4K DVDs and I do so on my XB1X...the only console with the ability to play the latest in ultra high definition entertainment.