Rumor/Leak-PS5 specs more powerful than Xbox S X? Update-Fatboi1 lost

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I came in here to say that Xbots were HOPING that the Github leak was true and it turns out it was wrong and the nikka named TF was actually right down to the T when NO one was saying what he said. Once Github came around that's all they focused on. Xbox S X being 12TF RDNA 2 while PS5 is going to be this 9.2TF machine with RDNA 1 or something :mjlol:. I want smoke that's all.
Like I said you are fully entrenched in the stan war.

Take a step back and you’ll see it’s all nonsense.

No “insider” or “leak” is more worthy than another at this point. All of you are just choosing who/what to believe based on what you want to be true.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Like I said you are fully entrenched in the stan war.

Take a step back and you’ll see it’s all nonsense.

No “insider” or “leak” is more worthy than another at this point. All of you are just choosing who/what to believe based on what you want to be true.
There's a degree of truth to this in that we'd like some insider to be "true" based on what we like but the TRUTH of this matter is I knew he posted this back in December but I disregarded it as it just wasn't really being discussed and people were hand waving it away. When MSFT updated their exact clock speeds today and it shows that he was completely right to the exact number that's when people had to go back like :ohhh: this dude could not have just guessed that because that's a very specific thing to note even in face of other things. While Github, DF and others were all saying one thing according to the latest rumors and so called test leaks for Github, he never changed or said anything else about those specs and said this is the exact target not estimation or guess. Even DF was rounding numbers to like 1700Mhz or 1.7ghz. This dude like "Nope, 1.82GHZ for 12.1 TF".

Digital Foundry said:
With caveats in place, the sparse data in the leak includes mention of 3584 shaders, which would translate to a frankly ginormous processor with 56 active compute units. There is no sign of clock-speeds in the data, but if we assume that 12 teraflops is the target, 1680MHz gives you 12TF on the nose, with a round 1700MHz delivering 12.2TF.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
There's a degree of truth to this in that we'd like some insider to be "true" based on what we like but the TRUTH of this matter is I knew he posted this back in December but I disregarded it as it just wasn't really being discussed and people were hand waving it away. When MSFT updated their exact clock speeds today and it shows that he was completely right to the exact number that's when people had to go back like :ohhh: this dude could not have just guessed that because that's a very specific thing to note even in face of other things. While Github, DF and others were all saying one thing according to the latest rumors and so called test leaks for Github, he never changed or said anything else about those specs and said this is the exact target not estimation or guess.
nikka I keep telling you this and you are pretending that I’m making it up.

If the card was known to be 12TF based on Microsoft’s own words. There were only a few configurations that make sense.

These aren’t just random clock numbers. AMD has put out charts showing how these cards are most efficient at a certain range of clock numbers. That’s why DF picked the numbers they did.

We also know CU counts go by multiples of 2.

We also knew RDNA2 was on AMDs roadmap for mid/late 2020, and that RayTracing is the defining feature for RDNA2.

All of this information was know well before TF the “insider” was even a thing.

For anyone paying attention it would not be difficult to get that “prediction” correct based on all the information that was readily available.

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
nikka I keep telling you this and you are pretending that I’m making it up.

If the card was known to be 12TF based on Microsoft’s own words. There were only a few configurations that make sense.
Back to square one :mjlol:

It's easy to say that NOW when we know it like "Oh it's just only a few numbers that could be right". MSFT never said 12TF and people were being very conservative doubting we'd get 12TF RDNA 2.0.

Proof:

This was posted on the 14th of Dec by someone on Neogaf

It's not 12TF of RDNA

It's 12 traditional tflops performance wise on RNDA architecture. which is a 5700-5700xt performance wise.

Code:
Microsoft says its next-gen console, Xbox Series X, will be twice as powerful as Xbox One X.

The console previously known as Project Scarlett was unveiled on Thursday night at The Game Awards, ahead of its launch during the 2020 holiday season.

“We wanted to have a dramatic upgrade from the Xbox One base console,” Xbox boss Phil Spencer told GameSpot. “So when we do the math, we’re over eight times the GPU power of the Xbox One, and two times what an Xbox One X is.”

Doing the maths, Xbox One X is targeting around 12 teraflops (TF) of computing power, compared to the Xbox One X’s 6TF, and the Xbox One S’s 1.4TF.

These aren’t just random clock numbers. AMD has put out charts showing how these cards are most efficient at a certain range of clock numbers. That’s why DF picked the numbers they did.
Are you reading what you're typing? You're talking about AMD's charts showing efficient clock speeds about GRAPHICS CARDS when we're talking about APU's. AMD's charts? Where's the charts AMD showed showing these range of clock numbers for RDNA 2.0 APU's?

We also know CU counts go by multiples of 2.

We also knew RDNA2 was on AMDs roadmap for mid/late 2020, and that RayTracing is the defining feature for RDNA2.

Double talk. CU counts and AMD roadmap for 2020 has nothing to do with each other. Raytracing was confirmed to be as part of RDNA 2.0, something we DID NOT know would be in the new consoles back in December because according to YOU and the link you posted they were speculating which one it would be because it wasn't CONFIRMED yet.

All of this information was know well before TF the “insider” was even a thing.

For anyone paying attention it would not be difficult to get that “prediction” correct based on all the information that was readily available.
Sure, keep believing it was just a prediction that NO ONE else predicted on Neogaf/Resetera or even DF. No one even entertained it much because they were too busy drooling over the Github leak. Whatever though I'm not going to keep going back and forth with you over this. It is what it is you're just going to call anything BS because you'd rather just armchair it and call anyone who says something a liar. You're no different than the hivemind posters on Neogaf/Restera.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This Tommy Fisher dude predicted the kind of specs which was spot on everywhere. You don’t make a lucky guess like that which clearly means he has inside info. He even predicted that Sony were using an expensive cooling system before Bloomberg.

The only reason the xbots are trying to discredit him is because his PS5 specs are higher but I guarantee you if they were lower they would be singing his praises.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Back to square one :mjlol:

It's easy to say that NOW when we know it like "Oh it's just only a few numbers that could be right". MSFT never said 12TF and people were being very conservative doubting we'd get 12TF RDNA 2.0.

Proof:

This was posted on the 14th of Dec by someone on Neogaf
nikka I’m telling you to stop paying attention to random forum posters. :snoop:

Are you reading what you're typing? You're talking about AMD's charts showing efficient clock speeds about GRAPHICS CARDS when we're talking about APU's. AMD's charts? Where's the charts AMD showed showing these range of clock numbers for RDNA 2.0 APU's?
An APU is just the CPU and GPU on the same card. The efficiency numbers are the same.

Double talk. CU counts and AMD roadmap for 2020 has nothing to do with each other. Raytracing was confirmed to be as part of RDNA 2.0, something we DID NOT know would be in the new consoles back in December because according to YOU and the link you posted they were speculating which one it would be because it wasn't CONFIRMED yet.
We did know both consoles would have RT cause both Sony and Microsoft said they would a long time ago

Sure, keep believing it was just a prediction that NO ONE else predicted on Neogaf/Resetera or even DF. No one even entertained it much because they were too busy drooling over the Github leak. Whatever though I'm not going to keep going back and forth with you over this. It is what it is you're just going to call anything BS because you'd rather just armchair it and call anyone who says something a liar. You're no different than the hivemind posters on Neogaf/Restera.
:mjlol:

• Dap

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
@Fatboi1 CU counts go by 2

RDNA GPUs have a specific range of clock values that make them most efficient.

Microsoft themselves confirmed 12TF.

With these three facts holding true. The Xbox GPU could only possibly be 52, 54, 58, or 56, CUs

The numbers he posted are not as specific as you think they are. He chose one of only a few possible outcomes.

• Dap

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
This Tommy Fisher dude predicted the kind of specs which was spot on everywhere. You don’t make a lucky guess like that which clearly means he has inside info. He even predicted that Sony were using an expensive cooling system before Bloomberg.

The only reason the xbots are trying to discredit him is because his PS5 specs are higher but I guarantee you if they were lower they would be singing his praises.

I agree. There's only a couple of places I take seriously. Everyone poppin up nowadays with some shyt is my issue.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Damn @Fatboi1

3718509-1184333539-metal.gif

The war is over man ...