Rumor: George Miller to direct Man of Steel 2?

Daps
Reppin
Yeah
"Rumor is mos 2 is on permanent hold because wb want to focus on more batman films" - denofgeek

Take it with a grain of salt. I really would like another superman film

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
:mjlol: how you gonna fukk up the most recognizable superhero in the game :dead:

couldnt even get a legit sequel of his own movie, now they phased him out for batman and threw a bunch of other characters in there :russ:

it made loot cause its superman. the actual view of the movie is very polarizing
Meanwhile the gawd Feige is turning obscure characters into household names. Supes my mans Starlord and Antman is coming for your neck.:ufdup:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Meanwhile the gawd Feige is turning obscure characters into household names. Supes my mans Starlord and Antman is coming for your neck.:ufdup:

disney made CAPTAIN AMERICA cool.

if they had superman it would be a billion dollar franchise.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Cold-War Bromance
As for Cavill, let us just say that the line between phlegmatic suavity and downright dullness is rather more easily breached than the Berlin Wall.

The Man From U.N.C.L.E.
...the chemistry between bumbling Hammer and Cavill is akin to that between wood and stone...What is Alicia Vikander, the best actress extant, doing in this junk? Her character is little more than a McGuffin. She shouldn't be slumming like this.

Movie Review: The Man from U.N.C.L.E.
Reliably wooden Henry Cavill (Man of Steel) plays Napoleon Solo, a quippy art thief turned CIA agent.

I've seen way more reviews that says he was good. Art and acting is subjective granted but for the most the dude was great as all 3 leads were. It probably flopped cause the show is not familar with US audiences (its done well in Europe) and again...NWA was a monster that was eat all of its lunch

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Marvel stans fly into threads when they hear negative rumors about DC movies :dead:

It was news about the subject of the thread. And it is funny to me DC Studios is shook of one of their most well-known characters.

Yeah and I HATED him prior to the movies. I still prefer Ironman but Chris Evans is totally likable in the role, and they made his patriotism come off more admiral than the comics.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

The Avengers movie made Captain America cool and then Winter Soldier sprung off that film and made him even cooler. That first Captain America movie though didn't do anything for him in terms of coolness.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
It was news about the subject of the thread. And it is funny to me DC Studios is shook of one of their most well-known characters.

Yeah and I HATED him prior to the movies. I still prefer Ironman but Chris Evans is totally likable in the role, and they made his patriotism come off more admiral than the comics.

Show me proof that they're shook? And news of what exactly, everything "news related" in this thread is a rumor. There's even another site claiming that George doesn't even want to do a DC film.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Show me proof that they're shook? And news of what exactly, everything "news related" in this thread is a rumor. There's even another site claiming that George doesn't even want to do a DC film.
Wonder Woman was created in 1942 she has yet to have a major movie feature about her. Aquaman was created in 1941 still no movie (unless you count Entourage). We are just on a constant cycle of Batman, more Batman, Superman, right back to Batman when it comes to DC.
News about the rumors, you know the basis of the thread?

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Wonder Woman was created in 1942 she has yet to have a major movie feature about her. Aquaman was created in 1941 still no movie (unless you count Entourage). We are just on a constant cycle of Batman, more Batman, Superman, right back to Batman when it comes to DC.
News about the rumors, you know the basis of the thread?

So if it's a rumor then why is everyone acting like it's true? Same with the Batman trilogy rumor which is not likely based off of films Ben is directing/starring in the next 5 years. All that is great but what does that have to do with DC being shook of Superman? Besides those 2 characters are getting solo movies so again how is DC shook?

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
So if it's a rumor then why is everyone acting like it's true? Same with the Batman trilogy rumor which is not likely based off of films Ben is directing/starring in the next 5 years. All that is great but what does that have to do with DC being shook of Superman? Besides those 2 characters are getting solo movies so again how is DC shook?
I don't know man, take a poll our something.
Maybe it is passed tense now. But 70+ years and nothing is rather telling.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Marvel stans fly into threads when they hear negative rumors about DC movies :dead:
is that comparable to actually making threads about how movies perform in the box office, and tracking their weekly income? :jbhmm:
or complaining that every movie is the same, yet going out to see the next? :jbhmm:
like DC stans:jbhmm:

I'd argue that being polarizing doesn't make something not a success though for real. Now we'll see what they do going forward but polarizing is still a thing that accounts for reviews and internet echo chambers, not people who don't give a shyt about critics or what cats on the internet say.
the fact that BvS isnt MOS 2 tells you all you need to know about how they felt about MOS1

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I'd argue that being polarizing doesn't make something not a success though for real. Now we'll see what they do going forward but polarizing is still a thing that accounts for reviews and internet echo chambers, not people who don't give a shyt about critics or what cats on the internet say.

what's your opinion of the star wars prequels then? it's a similar scenario isn't it? those movies made a ton of bank but they also divided the audience. are the prequels a success?

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
Because its the internet :krs:

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
From what i gather over the years here's what i think we know .

MOS didnt do all well as they wanted so MOS2 became BvS... (because nolans trilogy was successful and still fresh in people's minds WB figured throwing him in will boost MOS)
offical MOS2 can still happen but after all the single movies.
Affleck right now only has 1 solo batman in the pipe.. he has 3 appearances but ONLY 1 solo movie.. thats why WB adjusted a few of his other movies so he can focus on writing.. WB wants a new trilogy but thats not a confirmation yet....

The problem I have with BvS is the Dark Knight Returns graphic novel has been used 3 times in the past 7 or so years... its used in Dark Knights Returns, the animated movie and this BvS.. Sure they only loosely using it but its still there...