Rumor: George Miller to direct Man of Steel 2?

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Thats what I'm saying we get that same story in 3 movies in the last 10 years ... The casual movie goer probably didnt see the animated version.. but that still is the SAME story in 10 years.. Its not even like 2 similiar themes at teh same time (bug life/ants or moses/noah or whatever that was..) its the same damn source material.. thats what i dont like..

Not including the countless times supes was made a fool by the gov't in JLU...

Its just BvS sounded cool until I found out they where using frank miller's book AGAIN.. now its just please be different from the others
But it isn't like all 3 of them are carbon copies of one another.
The animated movie is the only one that is an adaptation of the graphic novel. Dark Knight Returns and BvS are inspired by it but they aren't straight retellings of the story. All 3 are completely different movies with the animated movie not feeling anything like DKR and from the trailer BvS will not have the same feel as either one of them either.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
All 3 are completely different movies with the animated movie not feeling anything like DKR and from the trailer BvS will not have the same feel as either one of them either.

come on now the movie is about an older batman coming out of retirement and fighting superman in an armored suit. he even looks the same, all the way down to the look of the big bulky batsuit. if you remember correctly they even quoted dark knight returns when they announced the movie at comic con.

the ode to that book hasn't exactly been subtle.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
In my circle of friends, they love Man of Steel. Love it to death.
interesting. Although I don't think I've had many convos with people in real life about this flick. I thought it was stunningly average despite having cool ass action/fight scenes and I'm a big fan of snyder, also, it really fukking bothered me that superman's human dad sacrificed himself to that tornado when superman could've easily handled shyt, i mean everyone is running the fukk away no one is looking towards a tornado to see if this superman motherfukker does some crazy shyt

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
In my circle of friends, they love Man of Steel. Love it to death. So for them, it works monumentally. Everyone's gotta decide that shyt for themselves breh which is why I said sometimes the echo chamber is a disservice to film in general, not just for this movie

With all due respect to their surely interesting opinions but who the fukk are your friends though? :yeshrug:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
With all due respect to their surely interesting opinions but who the fukk are your friends though? :yeshrug:

Doesn't matter lol. My point is everyone is different man and trying to speak for the general populace is asinine to me. My boys like what they like I like what I like you like what you like. This idea of trying to speak for everyone and say "well no on liked this" or "no one asked for this" or "we all know this was bad or good" or whatever just doesn't work for me.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
come on now the movie is about an older batman coming out of retirement and fighting superman in an armored suit. he even looks the same, all the way down to the look of the big bulky batsuit. if you remember correctly they even quoted dark knight returns when they announced the movie at comic con.

the ode to that book hasn't exactly been subtle.
I never said they weren't taking inspiration and concepts from the graphic novel but they are not even remotely the same movies. The animated flick was a straight adaptation...BvS is "inspired by".
I mean every Iron Man is basically "Tony Stark vs Evil Business Man" and follows similar themes through all 3 but they are not the same movies are they?

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Doesn't matter lol. My point is everyone is different man and trying to speak for the general populace is asinine to me. My boys like what they like I like what I like you like what you like. This idea of trying to speak for everyone and say "well no on liked this" or "no one asked for this" or "we all know this was bad or good" or whatever just doesn't work for me.
Well yeah technically there is going to be somebody that likes something. It's the same thing for Thor 2 or Iron Man 3 (or any marvel film if we wanna get really real :troll: ). You can't say the general populace hated or thought they were trash either.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Well yeah technically there is going to be somebody that likes something. It's the same thing for Thor 2 or Iron Man 3 (or any marvel film if we wanna get really real :troll: ). You can't say the general populace hated or thought they were trash either.

Shyt I loved iron man 3 and only on the Internet have I ever heard someone say a bad word about it. Thor 2 just bores me but his first movie did too. I'm just saying that there really seems to be an echo chamber specially on the net and then we translate that to life outside of it.

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
The Avengers movie made Captain America cool and then Winter Soldier sprung off that film and made him even cooler. That first Captain America movie though didn't do anything for him in terms of coolness.
and i dont think either movies did as good as man of steel but I guess that doesn't matter in this discussion.

Captain America - 370,569,774
Superman RETURNS - 391,081,192

MOS - 668,045,518
Winter Soldier - 714,766,572

WS slightly better than MOS, but i'm sure if marvel had superman it would magically gross 2 billion because thats how it works