Rumor: George Miller to direct Man of Steel 2?

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
I wasn't mad he was making Justice League at the time just questioning the fact the actors were unknown but Miller has a nice filmography it puzzled me people knocked him for making Babe and Happy Feet, especially Babe that shyt is a classic movie and it won a oscar. Then the stuff he did with the Mad Max films is revolutionary. Really hope there's some merit to these rumors I feel he could make a special Superman movie.
creative direction from Snyder though :francis:

If I remember correctly in the Empire article Synder stated the way the DCEU is set up to where the director can do what they want with the character in that sandbox.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
creative direction from Snyder though :francis:
Its not like the iron grip of Kevin Fiege though. From comments I have read it looks like Snyder (and Geoff Johns now too) have an idea of where the DC movie universe is supposed to go as things progress and as long as they get there other directors are free to do what they want creatively with the individual movies. You can't make Wonder Woman into the wife of Hercules or have The Flash get crippled or anything but otherwise the DC movie universe directors are given more latitude.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
There's a "brain trust"

Zack Synder
Deborah Synder
Chris Terrio (To some extent)
Geoff Johns
Charles Roven

No one person is the leader like Kevin at Marvel

That may not work in their favor....

I mean think about it..... Yes everything is filters through Kevin but atleast everything works together and makes since when it does mix.

DC may fukk up chemistry if they let everyone have too much free reign and to their own devises.

Think WWF when Rock and Austin were on top vs WCW when Bischoff let shyt go to hell and then had that Arquette actor dude as the champ and a whole bunch of incohesive fukkery going on

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
As with all rumors, take it with a grain of salt....But the Director of the documentary "The death of Superman Lives" Jon Schnepp, said during The Popcorn Talk podcast that George Miller will direct Man of Steel 2.

Skip to 55:24

Wait there's going to be an actual Man of Steel 2? I thought it was transformed into that Batman vs Superman movie.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
That may not work in their favor....

I mean think about it..... Yes everything is filters through Kevin but atleast everything works together and makes since when it does mix.

DC may fukk up chemistry if they let everyone have too much free reign and to their own devises.

Think WWF when Rock and Austin were on top vs WCW when Bischoff let shyt go to hell and then had that Arquette actor dude as the champ and a whole bunch of incohesive fukkery going on
Its also why the marvel films feel so stale and formulaic because its all running through 1 guy who ran out of fresh ideas after like 3 films.

I cant wait to see evil business guy #5 and another ship falling in the climax of a 3rd act :krs: