Rumor: George Miller to direct Man of Steel 2?

Daps
Reppin
NYC
From what i gather over the years here's what i think we know .

MOS didnt do all well as they wanted so MOS2 became BvS... (because nolans trilogy was successful and still fresh in people's minds WB figured throwing him in will boost MOS)
offical MOS2 can still happen but after all the single movies.
Affleck right now only has 1 solo batman in the pipe.. he has 3 appearances but ONLY 1 solo movie.. thats why WB adjusted a few of his other movies so he can focus on writing.. WB wants a new trilogy but thats not a confirmation yet....

The problem I have with BvS is the Dark Knight Returns graphic novel has been used 3 times in the past 7 or so years... its used in Dark Knights Returns, the animated movie and this BvS.. Sure they only loosely using it but its still there...
it was also a major influence on the story of TDKR as well.

the dark knight returns was a standalone story, a grim interpretation of the batman myth that takes place in a dystopian future where batman was forced to retire. it was NOT meant to be the standard bearer moving forward. it was it's own unique tale.

so of course this is the first thing they go to when creating BVS.

sometimes i am amazed how these guys can get a word out with frank miller's cock lodged in their throat all day. :snoop:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
what's your opinion of the star wars prequels then? it's a similar scenario isn't it? those movies made a ton of bank but they also divided the audience. are the prequels a success?

That's the other thing though, I don't try to speak for anyone but myself. I can take the temperature of something but generally I like to do that off the internet because I understand its a huge echo chamber where everyone just wants to say what the next man said even if they don't agree. I think the first two of the prequel are bad flicks, the first one being worse than the 2nd but I like the 3rd one quite a bit. So for me, that one works. But of course being inundated with film critics and film blogs and just film in general, I'm aware of the sentiment and opinion of the movies within that community. But as someone on IGN, or some site I was reading or a podcast I was listening to said, for a certain group of fans, mostly kids, those movies are probably the best thing and ultimately, they'll decide whether they work for them just like another generation decided if the original trilogy worked for them.

In my circle of friends, they love Man of Steel. Love it to death. So for them, it works monumentally. Everyone's gotta decide that shyt for themselves breh which is why I said sometimes the echo chamber is a disservice to film in general, not just for this movie

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
it was also a major influence on the story of TDKR as well.

the dark knight returns was a standalone story, a grim interpretation of the batman myth that takes place in a dystopian future where batman was forced to retire. it was NOT meant to be the standard bearer moving forward. it was it's own unique tale.

so of course this is the first thing they go to when creating BVS.

sometimes i am amazed how these guys can get a word out with frank miller's cock lodged in their throat all day. :snoop:

Thats what I'm saying we get that same story in 3 movies in the last 10 years ... The casual movie goer probably didnt see the animated version.. but that still is the SAME story in 10 years.. Its not even like 2 similiar themes at teh same time (bug life/ants or moses/noah or whatever that was..) its the same damn source material.. thats what i dont like..

Not including the countless times supes was made a fool by the gov't in JLU...

Its just BvS sounded cool until I found out they where using frank miller's book AGAIN.. now its just please be different from the others

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Thats what I'm saying we get that same story in 3 movies in the last 10 years ... The casual movie goer probably didnt see the animated version.. but that still is the SAME story in 10 years.. Its not even like 2 similiar themes at teh same time (bug life/ants or moses/noah or whatever that was..) its the same damn source material.. thats what i dont like..

Not including the countless times supes was made a fool by the gov't in JLU...

Its just BvS sounded cool until I found out they where using frank miller's book AGAIN.. now its just please be different from the others
All that BvS has that is inspired by TDK the graphic novel is that Batman is older and Supes/Bats will be fighting.
This is about as much of a TDK movie as much as the upcoming Civil War movie will resemble the comic it is named after.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Wonder Woman was created in 1942 she has yet to have a major movie feature about her. Aquaman was created in 1941 still no movie (unless you count Entourage). We are just on a constant cycle of Batman, more Batman, Superman, right back to Batman when it comes to DC.
News about the rumors, you know the basis of the thread?
By my count we have gotten Swamp Thing, Steel, Supergirl, Green Lantern, Constantine, fukking Jonah Hex of all things and Catwoman.
Now completely ignoring the differing levels of quality that each film attained, that is more than just Batman and Superman.
And next year we are getting a Suicide Squad movie.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
nikkas don't even do research. Only thing TDKR related is the bat symbol, older bats (Even though TDKR bats was in his 50s) bats v supes, and the mech suit which doesn't enhance his strength in this version.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
By my count we have gotten Swamp Thing, Steel, Supergirl, Green Lantern, Constantine, fukking Jonah Hex of all things and Catwoman.
Now completely ignoring the differing levels of quality that each film attained, that is more than just Batman and Superman.
And next year we are getting a Suicide Squad movie.
You forgot Watchmen (Director's Cut is my fav superhero movie ever). Just sayin' their big heroes have been slighted. People actually want WW/Aquaman/Superman movies, but they make Constantine's, Catwoman's and Jonah Hex's, etc. No one asked for them, Give the people what they want!

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
All that BvS has that is inspired by TDK the graphic novel is that Batman is older and Supes/Bats will be fighting.
This is about as much of a TDK movie as much as the upcoming Civil War movie will resemble the comic it is named after.

Thats not my argument.. If the Civil War book was used in theory for 3 movies not set in the same universe ... wouldnt you at least raise a question like why..

nikkas don't even do research. Only thing TDKR related is the bat symbol, older bats (Even though TDKR bats was in his 50s) bats v supes, and the mech suit which doesn't enhance his strength in this version.

I didnt say the graphic novel is the story being used... I'm just saying the grapic novel has been used to much in the past 10 years.. Its 3 different movies not set in the same universe/continuity thats all i'm saying..

‘Batman vs. Superman': Snyder Talks ‘Dark Knight Returns’ Factor & Affleck

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
You forgot Watchmen (Director's Cut is my fav superhero movie ever). Just sayin' their big heroes have been slighted. People actually want WW/Aquaman/Superman movies, but they make Constantine's, Catwoman's and Jonah Hex's, etc. No one asked for them, Give the people what they want!
To their credit no one asked for MOS2 either :sas2: