Rumor Alert: Marvel Considering A 'Thunderbolts' Netflix Series

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Who is this even for?

Casuals don't know or care who the thunderbolts are.

And Fans of the thunderbolts comics are probably looking for characters from runs by Mark Bagley, Daniel Way or Jeff Parker. These characters barely have any thunderbolts history ( if any).

Where is Moonstone, Songbird, Luke Cage, the Punisher, Zemo or Manthing ?

With the exception of Winter Solider all these characters came from movies with questionable success.
GotG fans.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Who is this even for?

And Fans of the thunderbolts comics are probably looking for characters from runs by Mark Bagley, Daniel Way or Jeff Parker. These characters barely have any thunderbolts history ( if any).

With the exception of Winter Solider all these characters came from movies with questionable success.
As I said before once the Loki threat was over and they got tired of babysitting Thor and Hulk, it was Cap and them villians ( Hawkeye, Scarlett witch, and black widow). So this is taking it back to those days.

Moreover, this is the Marvel version of Suicide squad.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
As I said before once the Loki threat was over and they got tired of babysitting Thor and Hulk, it was Cap and them villians ( Hawkeye, Scarlett witch, and black widow). So this is taking it back to those days.

Moreover, this is the Marvel version of Suicide squad.

They should make this Rated R especially since Deadpool will be.

MoshpitMazi

Moshpit Gxng/ Anti Fash
Daps
Reppin
Stone Mountain GA
Steven Yuen being out is a big L, dude is legit a good ass actor. Dare I say he's on the bottom half of the top 10 for me (at least for America actors)

Have hella less interest in this now and will probably skip.

Concerned Citizen

Stevie Wonder 2099
Daps
All I know is that a roster of 5 super soldiers along with Elaine from Seinfeld and the villain of Ant-Man 2 is not a compelling roster. I’d rather see a Great Lakes Avengers movie :mjlol:

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
If Marvel wants him to be big, they'll stick him with a trainer and make him get on that broccoli, chicken, water, and VITAMINS* diet like everyone else. We've seen it time and again. shyt, if they could do it with this skinny-fat slob, they can surely do it with Yeun.

492591e44d095febe1cceed20a427ab2
Vitamins sure do help….. :mjlol:

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Who is this even for?

Yeah no songbird is crazy shes a staple member, honestly they dont have enough monsters on the squad like Abomination. I honestly would have used the warren ellis run as the templet with norman osborn on the squad. That dark reign era of comics fits where we are in phase 5.

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
Yeah no songbird is crazy shes a staple member, honestly they dont have enough monsters on the squad like Abomination. I honestly would have used the warren ellis run as the templet with norman osborn on the squad. That dark reign era of comics fits where we are in phase 5.
Add its not like the bullseye actor is too busy. Given what they have available this cast makes no since. Looks cheap and lame.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
They have proven adult followings. Thunderbolts have no following. Try again.
Cap. Deadpool was a risk that paid off, and joker is joker. With Thunderbolts its a suicide squad situation where you might as well take the risk to get the streets talking because nobody has a kid asking for a zemo costume for christmas

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Cap. Deadpool was a risk that paid off, and joker is joker. With Thunderbolts its a suicide squad situation where you might as well take the risk to get the streets talking because nobody has a kid asking for a zemo costume for christmas
Yeah, the risk is unnecessary is what I'm saying. None of the characters warrant it. We seen all these people in PG-13 fair already.
Suicide Squad was rated PG-13 and did $747 million worldwide.
The Suicide Squad was rated R and $169 million worldwide and it cost $185 million. And it was a way better movie. lol
We highlight the success stories but sometimes being able to say "fukk", show some t*ts or gory blood isn't worth it.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

Yeun confirmed that his exit was due to scheduling conflicts and delays amid last year's Hollywood strikes, and revealed that "it took a lot of drafts on email to make sure that I conveyed sincerity of how sorry I was to have to back out."

"I think for me, time passing and things shifting kind of pulled me out of it," Yeun explained. "But [director] Jake [Schreier], I know, is going to do an incredible job."

Yuen also revealed that he's looking forward to the possibility of joining another Marvel project, flat-out admitting, "I wanna do a Marvel movie."

"I think it's too early to say that," Yeun said, when asked what other Marvel project he would like to join. "I probably pissed off too many people leaving, so I'm just gonna say, 'Thank you for having me.' I have some ideas. But I heard if you put it out there, you'll never get it, so I'll keep it close to my chest."