ROSEWOOD Official Thread

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
I like Rosewood & hopefully it does better. But of course this is fox & it has a Black lead & the show doesn't feature c00nery

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
My girl hates this show cause she says my bm looks like cop shorty :heh:

She really doesnt tho

I like Rosewood tho

Rain

đź‘€
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Villa somehow looks even better this season :noah:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Villa looking so :noah: in last week's episode (Season 2, Episode 3) in this green dress. I could find any gifs or pics on Tumblr though.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

Fox has announced premiere dates for new and returning series for the second half of the TV season, which kicks off after the Christmas and New Year holidays, in January.

Of note, we’ve already told you that Lee Daniels’ new musical drama series “Star” will premiere at a special time slot, on December 14, after the “Empire” season finale, and will take over “Empire’s” Wednesday 9pm time slot starting on January 4th. Also, “24: Legacy” starring Corey Hawkins, will premiere in a 2-night event following the Super Bowl, on February 5th, and continuing on February 6th.

Key new announcements we just learned about today include the return of a Nicole Beharie-free “Sleepy Hollow” on January 6, at 9pm. But even more noteworthy is that “Rosewood” the medical/police procedural starring Morris Chestnut as the title character, is being moved once again; this time, starting on January 6, the second half of the season for the series will air on Friday nights at 8pm, and will act as a lead-in to the return of “Sleepy Hollow” at 9pm.

Taking its current Thursday at 8pm slot will be a new season of the reality competition series, “Masterchef Junior.”

“Rosewood,” now in its second season, initially aired on Wednesday nights at 8pm, as a lead-in to “Empire,” which certainly helped the freshman series last TV season. For season 2, it was moved to Thursday nights at 8pm, replaced by the new “Lethal Weapon” series – a move that didn’t help the Morris Chestnut drama, but doesn’t seem to have hurt it either. The series premiered in the fall of 2015 with over 7 million viewers, and by the end of season 1, its viewership had been cut in half to 3.5 million. This season, it’s settled into that 3.5 million viewers range. A move to Fridays at 8pm likely won’t help; in fact, as Friday nights are typically where networks send programming to die, one can only assume that Fox doesn’t have high hopes for “Rosewood’s” future. Although “Sleepy Hollow” was moved around a couple of times after its successful first season, eventually ending up on Friday nights, and it’s still very much around. The network hasn’t canceled it, despite a mass exodus of fans who became frustrated with the series’ handling of certain characters (former star Nicole Beharie to start).

But it’s often not a good sign when shows are moved around this much, especially in such a short period of time, and early into their runs. “Rosewood” is only halfway into its second season, and the upcoming shift to Fridays will be its 3rd different time slot since it premiered last fall. Fox may not know what to do with the series, as the network is maybe trying to figure out where it’ll best fit in its lineup. The moving around may confuse fans, who might not go looking for the show when they tune in at its expected time slot, only to learn that it’s no longer airing during that period.

I actually watch “Rosewood” from time to time. It’s not what I’d call must-see TV for me; it’s one of those *undemanding* series I can watch on Hulu the day after the episode airs, while I work. I’m entertained. Also, super-fit and physical co-star Jaina Lee Ortiz is certainly a draw, I must say.

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
my nicca rosewood bout to be gone, which means my boo villa bout to be gone :mjcry: its constantine all over again :to:....i thought the last ep was one of their best (even tho they kinda ripped off house but hey house is piff so its whatever :manny:)

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
i"m still watching even though I know that move to Friday pretty much guaranteed it would die.
The funny thing is that Rosewood getting that consistent 3.5 million viewers is something that Fox should be grateful for considering most of their shows get shytty ratings.
And the reviewers blaming Rosewood for Pitch's rating sis bullshyt. Fox went all in on the promotion for that show and its debut ep only got 4 millions viewers and things steadily kept dropping every week after. That is not the fault of the lead-in, that is the public rejecting the show.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
i"m still watching even though I know that move to Friday pretty much guaranteed it would die.
The funny thing is that Rosewood getting that consistent 3.5 million viewers is something that Fox should be grateful for considering most of their shows get shytty ratings.
And the reviewers blaming Rosewood for Push's rating sis bullshyt. Fox went all in on the promotion for that show and its debut ep only got 4 millions viewers and things steadily kept dropping every week after. That is not the fault of the lead-in, that is the public rejecting the show.
Yeah 3.5mil on a Friday is actually damn good, especially since that's date/club night. I also like Lethal Weapon more than i thought i would.