ROSEWOOD Official Thread

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

Not a big surprise; Fox has canceled "Rosewood," the Morris Chestnut-led drama which has enjoyed a 2-season run. This comes on the heels of Fox canceling "Pitch" after just one season.

The series averaged 4.8 million total viewers and a 1.3 demo rating during its first season, where it led into Empire on Wednesdays. It dropped sharply to a season 2 average of 3 million viewers and a 0.7 on Fridays, and ended its season with a demo low of 0.5.

The writing was on the wall when Fox shifted the program's air date and time, from Wednesday nights at 8pm, as a lead-in to "Empire," which certainly helped the freshman series, to Thursday nights at 8pm, and then finally to Fridays at 8pm, aka where TV series go to die.

The series premiered in the fall of 2015 with over 7 million viewers, and by the end of season 1, its viewership had been cut in half to 3.5 million. This season, it's settled into that 3-3.5 million viewers range. A move to Fridays at 8pm likely didn't help. But it's often not a good sign when shows are moved around this much, especially in such a short period of time, and early into their runs. The moving around may confuse fans, who might not go looking for the show when they tune in at its expected time slot, only to learn that it's no longer airing during that period.

I actually watch "Rosewood" from time to time. It's not what I'd call must-see TV for me; it's one of those *undemanding* series I can watch on Hulu the day after the episode airs, while I work. I'm entertained enough. But it seriously lacks edge, and could've maybe benefited by going darker.

Star Morris Chestnut posted a farewell on his Instagram, below.

:mjcry:

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
It was doing great as the lead in to Empire, but then they decided that Lee Daniels shytty show Star was more important. That sucks for Morris but he'll always find work.