Rolling Stone Magazine: What the Hell Happened to Justin Timberlake?

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The JT/Pharrell & JT/Timberland formula worked. Why did the label get away from that formula?

Pharrell and Timbo are like bacon to white people. They put bacon on everything. Pizza, doughnuts, wrap steak in bacon, Mac and cheese, Ice cream. To them bacon makes anything better, I always say "You could wrap a dried dog turd in bacon and they'd be like :ehh:".

Failing with a Tim/Pharrell collab is dependent on what you pay. You can get the bullshyt let's say $30,000 beat produced by them which will sound like everything else out there but have their name on it or you can get that $300,000 or million dollar production and cats is sayin " Yoooooo did you hear that new Pharrell track!?!!!?!!!" You gotta pay a lil extra to get their adlibs, or a hook, a bridge. That's a cannot fail formula.

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
I mean he's a pop star and all pop stars have cringe moments. Him being cringe isn't anything new lol.

It's just he's not 20 anymore so now more people are noticing the corniness. Anyway he's never been that good of a singer to me, average voice at best. Got some good songs though.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
I mean he's a pop star and all pop stars have cringe moments. Him being cringe isn't anything new lol.

It's just he's not 20 anymore so now more people are noticing the corniness. Anyway he's never been that good of a singer to me, average voice at best. Got some good songs though.

A great song and production covers a lot of ground.

Soldier

not redeemed with gold but with His Blood
Daps
Timbo and Pharell made him a superstar. Them neptune beats were :blessed:

Any other producers/beatmakers and JT's never touches superstardom. His popularity/career would be Trey songz status. Popular but not one of the biggest artists/icons of his era

TillWeDie

All Star
Daps
Michael Jackson put a spell on him from another dimension after that Superbowl

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Casualty of Britney Spears becoming a media darling again. They didn't give a single fukk about him "portraying Britney as the villain" or whatever in real time, in fact they were going in on Britney too. But now that they have rehabilitated her image and made her a poster child of the "we treated our female celebs wrong back in the aughts" movement, he has become the easy scapegoat to stand in as the posterchild for mediocre white men.

I mean he is mediocre, but the media is trying to act like they weren't the ones that elevated him in the first place.

Last edited:

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
There's a difference between looking old and being old. He looks completely tuned out. Out of shape, out of style, out of the wave, everything. Yea dude is loaded, has a hot wife, kids etc...he's good forever. But if you're still gonna tour you open yourself up to criticism when you half ass it like this. Mick Jagger is nearly 80 and dances better on stage than Timberlake. That's a problem.
Yea JT doesn’t seem to care anymore about the finished product. He was always a mediocre performer to me, but now he just seems out of it completely. He’s probably just performing to hear the crowd scream his name like they owe him.

AngryBaby

All Star
Daps
man thecoli goes too far with the anti-white everything sometimes lol

Justin was one of the good ones, He coulda went all white appeal like Harry Styles or something but had better taste than that. had good albums, and good tracks.

Missy wouldn't be Missy without Timbaland either...sometimes that's how partnerships work

mariah's emancipation of mimi wouldn't have been shyt without jermaine dupri.

Songs like "what goes around" isn't all Timbaland either. gotta defend JT here, ya'll trippin. Making this site look more race hate than it is pro-black if JT is someone you're going at like that lol

Daps
man thecoli goes too far with the anti-white everything sometimes lol

Justin was one of the good ones, He coulda went all white appeal like Harry Styles or something but had better taste than that. had good albums, and good tracks.

Missy wouldn't be Missy without Timbaland either...sometimes that's how partnerships work

mariah's emancipation of mimi wouldn't have been shyt without jermaine dupri.

Songs like "what goes around" isn't all Timbaland either. gotta defend JT here, ya'll trippin. Making this site look more race hate than it is pro-black if JT is someone you're going at like that lol

Black people used to like Justin until what he did to Janet. That's when everybody soured on him.