Rogue One: A Star Wars Story [Official Thread]

CHL

Superstar
Daps
@Darth Humanist, here's something to ponder: I wonder if Abeloth would be considered canon since The Son and The Daughter were in TCW :jbhmm:. Abeloth :wow:. Luke and the Jedi having to side with the Lost Tribe Of The Sith to kill her :wow:.
:banderas: Your Legends knowledge is deep, breh.

I'd say not at this stage, and that it's unlikely she becomes canon. It's such a monumental character in terms of power (literally the most powerful character ever mentioned in Legends), and might constrain the continuity and the plans the storygroup has going forward.
I don't think they want to cover such an entity at this early stage in the new canon.

Luke teaming up with Darth Krayt against her though :wow:

Clayton Endicott

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
A lodge of the Saints John of Jerusalem
:banderas: Your Legends knowledge is deep, breh.

I'd say not at this stage, and that it's unlikely she becomes canon. It's such a monumental character in terms of power (literally the most powerful character ever mentioned in Legends), and might constrain the continuity and the plans the storygroup has going forward.
I don't think they want to cover such an entity at this early stage in the new canon.

Luke teaming up with Darth Krayt against her though :wow:
:myman:. It was totally by coincidence ( we know ain't no such thing as coincidence :obama:). When I was a kid, I had a :scust: attitude towards the books cuz I thought they were fan fiction and had little substance. Wrong!! So fast forward about ten years, I picked up this random ass copy of Agents Of Chaos II: Jedi Eclipse cuz I needed some reading material for a slow day at work; from a liquor store no less :russ:. I read that in two hours and got sucked into the EU. It got to the point to where they weren't releasing new shyt fast enough:russ:. My all-time favorite is Shatter Point. That would have been a DOPE ass movie. Deepa Bilaba was a bad ass woman :wow:. My only gripe with Rebels is that they changed her story and saber style in order to make her Kanan's master.

CHL

Superstar
Daps
:myman:. It was totally by coincidence ( we know ain't no such thing as coincidence :obama:). When I was a kid, I had a :scust: attitude towards the books cuz I thought they were fan fiction and had little substance. Wrong!! So fast forward about ten years, I picked up this random ass copy of Agents Of Chaos II: Jedi Eclipse cuz I needed some reading material for a slow day at work; from a liquor store no less :russ:. I read that in two hours and got sucked into the EU. It got to the point to where they weren't releasing new shyt fast enough:russ:. My all-time favorite is Shatter Point. That would have been a DOPE ass movie. Deepa Bilaba was a bad ass woman :wow:. My only gripe with Rebels is that they changed her story and saber style in order to make her Kanan's master.
:deadrose:

I haven't read any of the Prequel era EU (if you don't count wookieepedia summaries of them :skip:), would novels like Shatterpoint be worth reading even at this point? Any others?

Kane

#BonesGANG
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

I haven't read any of the Prequel era EU (if you don't count wookieepedia summaries of them :skip:), would novels like Shatterpoint be worth reading even at this point? Any others?

I think Shatterpoint is worth a read.

It isn't canon but so far it's the only thing we've got on Mace Windu's background.

Ezra

Daps
I haven't read all of the Legend's stuff. However Shatterpoint is the one I haven't read, that I really want to. Other things keep getting in the way (Like the latest Expanse book and the Rogue One novelization)

Are there any books that focus on Qui-Gon that anyone knows of? Would love to get more backstory on him

CHL

Superstar
Daps
I haven't read all of the Legend's stuff. However Shatterpoint is the one I haven't read, that I really want to. Other things keep getting in the way (Like the latest Expanse book and the Rogue One novelization)

Are there any books that focus on Qui-Gon that anyone knows of? Would love to get more backstory on him
Yeah I read a series involving him & young Obi-Wan when I was like 10, let me find a link

Edit: Jedi Apprentice Keep in mind it's a "young reader" series. At the very least this is worth a read for some of Qui-Gon's backstory: Xanatos

Last edited:

Ezra

Daps
Yeah I read a series involving him & young Obi-Wan when I was like 10, let me find a link

Edit: Jedi Apprentice Keep in mind it's a "young reader" series. At the very least this is worth a read for some of Qui-Gon's backstory: Xanatos
Not sure if this counts as Prequel Era because it happens immediately after E3, but Kenobi is great. The story is awesome, there's some cool back story and none of it contradicts current canon

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City

You're missing out.

Shatterpoint (Mace is the GOAT)
Labyrinth of Evil (explains a lot about Grievous)
Dark Rendezvous (Yoda novel where he meets Dooku again)

The Episode III novel itself is amazing as well.