Rocky IV: Easily the most overrated movie in the history of THE WORLD by MILES

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Saw this again recently, and it was nowhere near as good as I remember it. It's not even really a film, it's a collection of music videos with a Cold War subtext. The only things that happen are Drago and the Russians showing up, Drago killing Apollo and Rocky beating Drago in Moscow.Half of this short ass movie is just montages and flashbacks.

No tension, human factor or even real political commentary, just a revenge flick (retread of Rocky 3) with hammy American jingoism.

Might be worse than Rocky V which was at least an actual film, albeit a very poor one.

and that robot was dumb

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Saw this again recently, and it was nowhere near as good as I remember it. It's not even really a film, it's a collection of music videos with a Cold War subtext. The only things that happen are Drago and the Russians showing up, Drago killing Apollo and Rocky beating Drago in Moscow.Half of this short ass movie is just montages and flashbacks.

No tension, human factor or even real political commentary, just a revenge flick (retread of Rocky 3) with hammy American jingoism.

Might be worse than Rocky V which was at least an actual film, albeit a very poor one.

and that robot was dumb
shyt sucks :yeshrug:

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi

and that robot was dumb
:laff::laff::laff:

Rocky 4 is like 90% Montage and flashbacks

Rocky 4 is so absurd that ithe works cause of the fukkery
Apollo coming g out with James Brown
Apollo talking all that shyt
Then for some reason Apollo won't stop the fight even tho its a fake fight for charity and Drago is acting like it's for the belt and actively trying to kill him
Rickey just watches as drago tees off on apallo well after the bell
Drago is in a state of the art gym getting pumped with roids and sparing while rocky is just doing chores in the snow. Fam don't even spar

Rocky 4 is not a good movie but it's entertaining because of the music and fukkery
It's the 2nd worst rocky beating out rocky 5

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
I like it. I realize it's not a cinematic masterpiece and hacky but I like it in a great cheesy 80's way like I love bad 80's pop music

The montages :wow:

Okay but in the STALLONE run what is it better than?
I will only list the UNQUESTIONABLY better titles

Rocky - no
Rocky ii - no
Rocky iii - no
First blood - no
First blood 2: Rambo - no
Rambo iii - no
Cobra - no
Tango & cash - no, MAYBE ARGUABLY in its league

That's pretty bad....a blemish on the run

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Rocky - no
Rocky ii - no
Rocky iii - no
First blood - no
Rambo iii - no
Cobra - no

On a strictly technical good movie level you're right but as far as entertainment factor and replay value I always watch and enjoy it when it's on moreso then a lot of technically better movies.

It's the best/worst of the 80's. Maybe it depends when you grew up. I was born in 80 so I grew up on a ton of 80's shyt and rocky Iv represents a lot of that too me. So part of it is some nostalgia I guess

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

Rocky - no
Rocky ii - no
Rocky iii - no
First blood - no
Rambo iii - no
Cobra - no

Cliffhanger is fukking great

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
Rocky 4 is just entertaining.

Almost everyone knows it's silly and far-fetched, it's just a fun movie. Up there with entertaining 80s flicks like Commando and The Last Dragon. They're just entertaining and have high replay value.

:mjlol: at Rocky ending the Cold War.

"Everybody can change!"

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
Part 4 is like a long mini music video..mtv generation meets political cheese boxing drama.
I loved it and drago is or was one of the baddest villains built..he was scary.

Me and the few homies from our are went to the movie theatre to catch this..came out pumped and bought the soundtrack on cassette. My brother copped it on vinyl.

SHO-NUFF

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOMETHIN REAL FO YO ASS IN THESE HANDS!!!!
nikka, fukk this thread
rocky.gif

This scene right here >anything you'll ever tell anyone in your life: