Rocky IV: Easily the most overrated movie in the history of THE WORLD by MILES

VANITY

"My enemy is a notion, not a nation."
Daps
Clubbers Lang was dope. But the fight at the end with Rocky destroying him in 2 rounds is the most anti climatic ending in the series, maybe aside from part 6.

Great soundtrack. Great Villain. Terrible movie.

I agree that the fight itself could've been a bit longer, but it makes sense given Clubber's character and his fighting style.

Thing is, Clubber was nothing special of a competitor. He was only meant to psychologically get to his opponents with trash-talking and intimidating physique, but outside of that, he was nothing more than a predictable spammer of power moves with little thought or technique put into them.

He just had the "eye of the tiger" that Rocky had lost, but once the latter got it back, which was the key thing in the narrative, he was a piece of cake.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
I agree that the fight itself could've been a bit longer, but it makes sense given Clubber's character and his fighting style.

Thing is, Clubber was nothing special of a competitor. He was only meant to psychologically get to his opponents with trash-talking and intimidating physique, but outside of that, he was nothing more than a predictable spammer of power moves with little thought or technique put into them.

He just had the "eye of the tiger" that Rocky had lost, but once the latter got it back, which was the key thing in the narrative, he was a piece of cake.
Not true necessarily. Rocky pretty much had to reinvent his fighting style just to beat Clubbber.

And the fight could of just been more compelling. I always disliked the story and directing of part 3, hated the hulk hogan cameo and just felt this movie missed the mark in a lot of categories. The soundtrack saves it as does Clubber.

VANITY

"My enemy is a notion, not a nation."
Daps
Not true necessarily. Rocky pretty much had to reinvent his fighting style just to beat Clubbber.

And the fight could of just been more compelling. I always disliked the story and directing of part 3, hated the hulk hogan cameo and just felt this movie missed the mark in a lot of categories. The soundtrack saves it as does Clubber.

Ah, yes, well that is true as well. Not gonna debate if the rest of III is good or not, so I guess we can agree to disagree.

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
forgive the purposefully cliche hyperbolic thread title but damn brehs, Rocky IV was crazy overrated and is almost as bad as V.

First of all what, single thing about this movie is "Best" of the series?

The fighting? NO. Rocky II.
The villian? NO. Rocky III.
The training montage? NO. Rocky III.
The 'internal struggle' early montage? NO. Rocky III.
The outside of the ring personal storyline? NO. Rocky I.
The writing and uniqueness of the story? NO. Rocky I or V.

Most people like IV because of drago, but CREED and LANG are lightyears better heels, and the boxing scenes are more entertaining in II especially (spare me the movie boxing stuff, boxing purists). Drago has 1 good line in the entire MOVIE. I can quote almost everything lang said in III. Hell, fake don king in V was more entertaining.

'Hearts on fire' training montage is the most overrated thing in history...it was beyond corny both the song and the training...I can't even watch that scene anymore...you dare compare that to eye of the tiger? To the OG training montage running through philly???? Rocky Balboa's training montage featuring old man Balboa was better.

I really can't stand rocky iv in retrospect...the CHEESY ending, the canned 'americans vs. russians' storyline...straight out of 1981 WWF...it was really rehashed. The only redeemable value of the movie was that it produced this:

:damn:

Rocky IV.....D+

By and large I fukks with you Ed. And I dont even disagree with your points.

But a D+? You buggin the fukk out.

Too many iconic franchise moments in IV for a D+.
  • The "YOU CAN'T WIN!" argument
  • The "There's No Easy Way Out", driving aimlessly, even though I'm super focused montage :demonic:
  • Telling the media they fight in Russia, for no money (aka, this asswhuppin is for you, Apollo). :damn:
  • :damn: HE'S NOT A MACHINE! HE'S A MAN!
  • :damn:No pain. No pain. No pain. How many nikkas/white boys you know in real life that got knocked the fukk out trying that "No Pain" shyt after watching Rocky IV. :russ:
  • Drago airlifting government officials and telling 100k Russian fans "I fight for me, eat a dikk"
  • "I must break you." :youngsabo:
  • "If he dies, he dies." :youngsabo:
  • Paying James Brown to write, record and perform a song shytting on your real life Cold War rival, in a fictional movie about Cold War rivals
  • The training montage BEFORE the Hearts on Fire montage. Do-do-dododoooooo Dododooooo Dodododododoooooo (doodoo, doodoo)
  • Rocky's italian sweater swag :ohlawd:
  • And yes, Hearts on Fire :banderas:

Sounds like your main issue is all these beats showed up in previous movies. I won't argue this is true, and that in many cases they were better. But Rocky IV does the best job of taking all the elements and packaging them into a blockbuster film.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
forgive the purposefully cliche hyperbolic thread title but damn brehs, Rocky IV was crazy overrated and is almost as bad as V.

Most people like IV because of drago, but CREED and LANG are lightyears better heels, and the boxing scenes are more entertaining in II especially (spare me the movie boxing stuff, boxing purists). Drago has 1 good line in the entire MOVIE. I can quote almost everything lang said in III. Hell, fake don king in V was more entertaining.

'Hearts on fire' training montage is the most overrated thing in history...it was beyond corny both the song and the training...I can't even watch that scene anymore...you dare compare that to eye of the tiger? To the OG training montage running through philly???? Rocky Balboa's training montage featuring old man Balboa was better.

I really can't stand rocky iv in retrospect...the CHEESY ending, the canned 'americans vs. russians' storyline...straight out of 1981 WWF...it was really rehashed. The only redeemable value of the movie was that it produced this:

Rocky IV.....D+
Entertaining movie that I bet you seen more then The Dark Knight

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

Rocky IV.....D+
4 is forever trash to me just for how they did Creed in it. As far as I'm concerned 3 was the last of the series.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
:wtf: is this Hearts on fire bullshyt...

I've seen rocky 4 several times and don't even remember that song meanwhile Eye of the Tiger is an undeniable classic :wow:

You serious?!? Hearts of Fire was the crazy ass training song....:wtf: you dont remember when him tony and paulie was in the mountains training?!?