Rocky IV: Easily the most overrated movie in the history of THE WORLD by MILES

Daps
Reppin
Pittsburgh
Nothing in the series is on par with the original. II is great too. Those are the best films of the franchise, but I don't know.. from a sheer entertainment standpoint Rocky IV wins to me.

I've always used quotables to determine how much of a classic a movie is and Rocky IV got em for days. III is great with those as well, but just the sheer over-the-top-(don't even ask me how :sly: ) craziness of IV makes it better than III in my opinion.

I've always felt Hearts on Fire and War were overrated, but Burning Heart and No Easy Way Out are anthems unmatched by any other, yes, including Eye of the Tiger.

V gets a worse rap than it should too. Obviously the worst of the series, but not worthy of Sly basically shytting on it saying it's a Zero.. or the majority of fans of the franchise condemning it as if it shouldn't even be mentioned with the rest.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Who actually rates Rocky 4 highly at all? It was the beginning of the end of the original franchise run and unsuccessfully tried to capitalize on COld War fears to make a buck.
Plus the moment them Russians started chanting Rocky's name at the end I wanted to drive to Stallone's house and kick him in the stomach for being an egotistical douche.

3Rivers

thaKEAF aint never lied
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Steel City
IV's final fight>>>III's rematch. Did Lang throw anything besides those hooks?:dahell:

Stallone ate real well in 1985 with Rocky IV and First Blood Part II

As a matter of fact for all the talk of Rocky IV being over the top, it still has nothing on First Blood Part II. My nikka John J Rambo going back to Vietnam freeing POW's by himself, taking out army's and shyt

thank you based Stallone:to:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
You might be right, but part 4 is still my favorite.

Pure adrenaline junky:manny:

Part 3 is a close second.Training montage was dope in 3, but it was perfect in 4

I think it was the soundtrack in 4.I still hear that shyt in my head when I'm on them last sets and feel like giving up

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SUzcDUERLo[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAE5ZSnTQfU[/ame]

I could probably run 30 miles nonstop to this shyt

2192148024_688d0eb741_o.gif

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
IV's final fight>>>III's rematch. Did Lang throw anything besides those hooks?:dahell:

Stallone ate real well in 1985 with Rocky IV and First Blood Part II

As a matter of fact for all the talk of Rocky IV being over the top, it still has nothing on First Blood Part II. My nikka John J Rambo going back to Vietnam freeing POW's by himself, taking out army's and shyt

thank you based Stallone:to:

Let's not forget how he handled Burma like 14 year old nikkas that broke into his house :smugJGL:

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
Who actually rates Rocky 4 highly at all? It was the beginning of the end of the original franchise run and unsuccessfully tried to capitalize on COld War fears to make a buck.
Plus the moment them Russians started chanting Rocky's name at the end I wanted to drive to Stallone's house and kick him in the stomach for being an egotistical douche.

notice after Rocky Beat Ivan in the movie the cold war ended soon after. that is not a coincidence. :ld:

there was no easy way out of the cold war he had to fight!

Metta World Movement

Peace and love...to all!!
Daps
Drago has 1 good line in the entire MOVIE.

"I must break you"

"If he dies......he dies"

:childplease: Damn near everybody knows those TWO lines, and both were classic

EDIT: I just noticed this nikka dissed "Hearts On Fire" :wtf:

I ain't saying it touchin' "Gonna Fly Now" or "Eye Of The Tiger" but that was a good-ass song.....fukk wrong with you? :wtf:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
One is phenomenal....it is the best to me too...GOAT ending

Lemme ask you all this, hearts of fire fans

Is it better than Eye of the tiger, going the distance, or final bell????

The answer is OBVIOUSLY no...those are american classics...no comparison

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwPb7g_BlXQ[/ame]

This song and scene had a nikka ready to go to war :wow:

Metta World Movement

Peace and love...to all!!
Daps
Man, I'm sorry but this thread got me heated now :damn:

This nikka really shat on Hearts On Fire

Tell me the part where the synthesizer shyt rises up ain't flames......tell me you don't wanna hear that shyt after reaching the top of a damn mountain :blessed:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swo51-CG9Ss#t=164s[/ame]

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Notice how in rocky 3 and 4 , rocky was not half retard anymore ..hair combed and being civilized..then in rocky 5 when he went back to the slums he went back to retard slurring words status Lol..shyt is funny.