Rocky IV: Easily the most overrated movie in the history of THE WORLD by MILES

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
forgive the purposefully cliche hyperbolic thread title but damn brehs, Rocky IV was crazy overrated and is almost as bad as V.

First of all what, single thing about this movie is "Best" of the series?

The fighting? NO. Rocky II.
The villian? NO. Rocky III.
The training montage? NO. Rocky III.
The 'internal struggle' early montage? NO. Rocky III.
The outside of the ring personal storyline? NO. Rocky I.
The writing and uniqueness of the story? NO. Rocky I or V.

Most people like IV because of drago, but CREED and LANG are lightyears better heels, and the boxing scenes are more entertaining in II especially (spare me the movie boxing stuff, boxing purists). Drago has 1 good line in the entire MOVIE. I can quote almost everything lang said in III. Hell, fake don king in V was more entertaining.

'Hearts on fire' training montage is the most overrated thing in history...it was beyond corny both the song and the training...I can't even watch that scene anymore...you dare compare that to eye of the tiger? To the OG training montage running through philly???? Rocky Balboa's training montage featuring old man Balboa was better.

I really can't stand rocky iv in retrospect...the CHEESY ending, the canned 'americans vs. russians' storyline...straight out of 1981 WWF...it was really rehashed. The only redeemable value of the movie was that it produced this:

:damn:

Rocky IV.....D+

:wtb:

Rocky beat russia in part 4
wonder_lick_RockyIV1784038.gif

also apollo died in part 4 and that is how we got this Great shyt right here
:damn:
1e86e92e7674.gif

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Can't hate on IV. You can not pick all the rocky movies to death but its by far top 3 Rocky movie.

It seems like part 3 is a favorite on this board but it was always kinda weak to me. Had the worst direction besides 5, underwhelming ending. Rocky being a fraud, hulk hogan cameo, yeah its cool but just stupid. Clubber lang is dope but goes out like a bytch in what two, three rounds. Soundtrack is fire tho. I do understand why its jocked cuz it did have style.

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
Can't hate on IV. You can not pick all the rocky movies to death but its by far top 3 Rocky movie.

It seems like part 3 is a favorite on this board but it was always kinda weak to me. Had the worst direction besides 5, underwhelming ending. Rocky being a fraud, hulk hogan cameo, yeah its cool but just stupid. Clubber lang is dope but goes out like a bytch in what two, three rounds. Soundtrack is fire tho. I do understand why its jocked cuz it did have style.
:patrice:

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Scust at any nikka dissing IV. My nikka James Brown was swagging out. We Rocky take it to the Russian in his own backyard. he won over the Russian people. My nikka in the ring with the AMERICAN FLAG. nikka you un-American if you don't like this movie. Plus the soundtrack was fire. NO EASY WAY OUT, my nikka.

ROCKY IV is the 2nd best Rocky movie. I put 1 and 2 on the same level. Clubber Lang had nothing on Drago but swag. Drago was a killing machine and killed the gawd Apollo Creed. And my nikka Rocky chumped that nikka. Rocky was in that ringing fighting for his life and took that nikka down.

:ufdup: at any nikka dissing this movie.

:lawd: Rocky was on another level.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
They had a falling out.

When he was doing Rocky Balboa, he asked Carl if he could use his footage in the film. The story goes that he either wanted a part in the film, which Stallone refused, given the fact he's dead in series.

That's why if you notice when they do the flashbacks, all you see is the back of "Apollo" and no clear facial shots indicating it's actually Carl.

What the hell did Carl want them to do? Act like he faked his death in the ring or something. I always have been fond of Rocky 4 but its not as good as it was when I was younger. But its still one of my favorite Rocky movies though I have enjoyed them all except for the fifth one.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
This is hillarious and your replys are supporting the thesis of this thread.

Rocky iv is so gangsta :lawd:
But its the 3rd best of the series :hamster:
James brown killed it :ohlawd:
(digging deep huh :usure:)
Hearts on fire :whew:
Ignoring that eye of the tiger is an american classic :comeon:

There were serious flaws in that movie and the training montage is 3rd at BEST and youre lushing about it

Again

NOTHING about the movie is even best of the series

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
1 honestly is the best one

i see what youre saying about 4, but it was good and hearts on fire...is fire :damn:

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
One is phenomenal....it is the best to me too...GOAT ending

Lemme ask you all this, hearts of fire fans

Is it better than Eye of the tiger, going the distance, or final bell????

The answer is OBVIOUSLY no...those are american classics...no comparison

Egomaniacal1

Director of the Federal Bureau of Instigation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Martin, TN
There's no way in the HELL it's the worst of the series. APOLLO DIED!! :damn:

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Rocky IV is the greatest bad movie of all time.

Way over the top, emphasis on style rather than substance, weak story and basically a 2 hour music video.

yet none of that matters just because it's so damn entertaining. far from the best in the Rocky series but def. the most entertaining imo.

but mostly everything the OP said about it is on point, except that bullshyt about hearts on fire :stopitslime: don't disrespect a classic...