Rockstar is light years beyond these other studios

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
But that’s exactly what I was talking about. These studios have had damn near a decade to catch up and still can’t give you a WORLD that feels complete.

When I throw on a rockstar game, it’s like the goddamn sims. I’m in that thing. I play these other games and the world is just a set piece. shyt don’t even feel realistic with the people nor my activities
Different dev priorities. No one else is trying to make a world like that. They use their resources for other things.

Resources are finite can’t do everything at once. Just like GTA can’t do gameplay and mission structure etc as good as other games. You could flip it around and say rockstar has had all these years but still can’t get gunplay right :manny:

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
I was with you until you said Witcher. Lets not get carried away there.

I love GTA and they nailed my city LA brilliantly. Heck I've played it on the PS3, PS4, PC with 4k mods. So I am clearly a fan.

but Witcher, Fallout 4 and Horizon are most def on par. GTA is not out here blowing NONE of them out. they are on the same pedestal.

now Cyber? straight trash. deleted that last friday.

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
Quick question, have you actually played cyberpunk? Or are you just going on internet outrage?
Yep. Finally got to it on the PC. I mean you do know its cracked right? you can literally download it and install it in an hour. Its fukking glitchy. Have YOU played it?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
All these different types of games should put more effort into their worlds and I’m sure nobody would complain. It’s not as if they can’t correct? Cyberpunk could be the same game with a more interactive and alive city correct?

Once again interactive and alive city what does that mean?

The main purpose of Just Cause is to destroy the environment, one on rockstar game has physics it's not even close, you can't interactive with the environment AT ALL in any of their games and you can barely go into buildings

Cyberpunk is way more detailed than any open world city it's not even close, if you can't play the game in 4k with ray tracing don't even speak on, city is populated as any other game, these trolls making videos pick a certain part of the city where it's not crowded or a time a day where the streets are empty like 3:00 am nobody is outside its dumb

also comparing a post nuclear war dystopian future to a modern city is just dumb, also Cyberpunk is an RPG the convesations and interactions with NPCS go far beyond any rock star game it's not even close, Rockstar does not have these long quest lines they branch off into multiple paths.

Cyberpunk isn't a game where you are suppose terrorize pedestrians on the streets, the NPCs that matter in this game are all the characters you interact with and get quests from, which are non existent in rock star games, randon irrelevant NPCS are just decorations of the scenery, cyberpunk actually has NPCs that are actually characters unlike Rockstar games

I mean the Witcher 3 you can come up from the sea floor riding a horse through the wilderness into a densely populated town, and then go into a deeply populated gigantic castle all on the same map without any loading, there is no rockstar game that comes close to this, you can barely enter buildings on anywhere on their games, and none of them are the size of a castle which is populated with all types of NPCS

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I was with you until you said Witcher. Lets not get carried away there.

I love GTA and they nailed my city LA brilliantly. Heck I've played it on the PS3, PS4, PC with 4k mods. So I am clearly a fan.

but Witcher, Fallout 4 and Horizon are most def on par. GTA is not out here blowing NONE of them out. they are on the same pedestal.

now Cyber? straight trash. deleted that last friday.
I mean it like this. What can you do in those games (not Witcher) beyond the missions and sides? Horizon world ain’t much going on. You can’t interact with many things. It’s not that vast and different. You don’t catch random people doing shyt. Fall is big and vast but you going mission hopping. You’re not gonna break off and do anything in this open world but go to the next side or main mission.

Witcher’s world is big and probably the closest. The people you can talk to and ask questions and it feels alive. But again. Compare it to rdr. Roach don’t feel like a real horse. You traveling all that way to town and don’t have shyt going on in the world. Not a fire. Not some hunting. Not some food. No bandits randomly run up on you to steal your shyt. No gangs.

story was awesome. That’s not what I’m talking about here.

All these companies are running around toting this open world. Do anything. It’s so real. Oh the city. Oh look at our map. It’s so big. Look how each part is different. Look at the convos. See what you can do.

Then you get the game and its always a let down of mission hopping and a bland ass city where you can’t truly do what you want at all

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Once again interactive and alive city what does that mean?

The main purpose of Just Cause is to destroy the environment, one on rockstar game has physics it's not even close, you can't interactive with the environment AT ALL in any of their games and you can barely go into buildings

Cyberpunk is way more detailed than any open world city it's not even close, if you can't play the game in 4k with ray tracing don't even speak on, city is populated as any other game, these trolls making videos pick a certain part of the city where it's not crowded or a time a day where the streets are empty like 3:00 am nobody is outside its dumb

also comparing a post nuclear war dystopian future to a modern city is just dumb, also Cyberpunk is an RPG the convesations and interactions with NPCS go far beyond any rock star game it's not even close, Rockstar does not have these long quest lines they branch off into multiple paths.

Cyberpunk isn't a game where you are suppose terrorize pedestrians on the streets, the NPCs that matter in this game are all the characters you interact with and get quests from, which are non existent in rock star games, randon irrelevant NPCS are just decorations of the scenery, cyberpunk actually has NPCs that are actually characters unlike Rockstar games

I mean the Witcher 3 you can come up from the sea floor riding a horse through the wilderness into a densely populated town, and then go into a deeply populated gigantic castle all on the same map without any loading, there is no rockstar game that comes close to this, you can barely enter buildings on anywhere on their games, and none of them are the size of a castle which is populated with all types of NPCS
shyt like this

Forget bugs and storyline. The small details that make it seem real. When I pull over in gta, I hear the radiator clicking. When I shoot the tires in cyberpunk, the wheels don’t even deflate.

These things have zero to do with genre. Make me feel like I’m in the game. Don’t hit me quotes oh the city is so stunning and expansive and it’s open world. Then it’s 200 npcs that stand still on the corner and I go underwater and it looks like you just put a filter on my screen. Then when I beat the missions, I’m literally done with shyt to do or see.

That’s not open world to me

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’m enjoying cyberpunk but I do find the NPC’s actions to be annoying as it compromises some of the “immersion”...I’m walking and I see like 4-5 NPCs crouching and cowering for no reason and the rest (it was crowded) were just walking around normally as they should be...anyway went inside/came out a few minutes later and the same 4-5 NPCs that were cowering on the ground were still there smh...also I noticed some NPCs walking and if they bump into you they’ll do an about-face and go in the direction they just came from which is silly as hell