Rock's Preferred City Series (PCS): Charlotte or Raleigh?

Which do you prefer?

• Charlotte

Votes: 52 63.4%
  • Raleigh

Votes: 23 28.0%
  • Different Carolina City

Votes: 7 8.5%

• Total voters

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I came out there for a weekend get away looking at the nightlife.

It was kinda trash.

Where did you go? Charlotte not sure exactly the kind of town where there are only like 1 or maybe 4 places to go for nightlife.

You heard King @Pressure

What do you like to do?

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
I'm in Nashville, been here since Friday, here two more days. Cool comparison/contrast from here to both Clt and Rgh...

Raleigh has really grown on me, fallen in love with the city. Charlotte still has more to do but it's like Raleigh in many ways, they really aren't crazily different...

Adonai

Pro
Daps
What specifics do you prefer in Raleigh over Charlotte?

My oldest daughters live and go to school in Garner...

So Ima preface this by saying I'm an introverted breh.

Honestly, I visited Charlotte about 8 times within the past 3 years and never got jiggy with it. It's cool to see the downtown "uptown" but I never got the feeling of wanting to settle down and live there. It just gave me bootleg Atlanta vibes. Also, many people from my hometown (upstate NY) migrated there and I don't want to be bothered by them. Charlotte also has too much fukkery going on at all times.

Raleigh, although it's growing rapidly, still has an overall chill feel. You got all the triangle colleges which in turn makes the region booming with jobs.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
I’m more of an events guy than a club guy. I’m older and the club don’t excite me anymore. Charlotte is ok with me. Spring is about to be dope, can’t wait. I need to go to Raleigh more to see what it’s like. I only really hung out in the areas near the state house whenever i go there

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
I’m more of an events guy than a club guy. I’m older and the club don’t excite me anymore. Charlotte is ok with me. Spring is about to be dope, can’t wait. I need to go to Raleigh more to see what it’s like. I only really hung out in the areas near the state house whenever i go there
Yea. At my age the events definitely hitting. From this point through the first month of football it’s :blessed:

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin

Honestly, I visited Charlotte about 8 times within the past 3 years and never got jiggy with it. It's cool to see the downtown "uptown" but I never got the feeling of wanting to settle down and live there. It just gave me bootleg Atlanta vibes. Also, many people from my hometown (upstate NY) migrated there and I don't want to be bothered by them. Charlotte also has too much fukkery going on at all times.

Raleigh, although it's growing rapidly, still has an overall chill feel. You got all the triangle colleges which in turn makes the region booming with jobs.

Ok… na we nothing like ATL…

They got the own thing going on there. But it’s different from here.

Pre Covid, yes Uptown was the place to be.

But right now it’s in a rebuilding phase and places like South End and other places are holding it down

If you’re an introvert, there are lots of places you can go, keep to yourself and still have a nice time

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC

Where in Upstate NY? I lived in Elmira and Albany, stomped thru all them Upstate cities at one point or other. Met plenty of people with Carolina ties, but even more with Florida ties...

I love Charlotte and you're not wrong, it is Atlanta-lite in alot of ways. But I much prefer it to Atlanta, for one its a mych prettier city than Atlanta...

I lived in South Charlotte a decade ago. Its not difficult to avoid bullshyt in Charlotte, its not like Atlanta in that regard. Atlanta is alot wilder...

Raleigh and Charlotte are also alot more similar than natives let on...
Raleigh, like Charlotte, has really matured over the years. Its not quite big city status but it also isnt a sleepy small town anymore either...
Ok… na we nothing like ATL…

They got the own thing going on there. But it’s different from here.

Pre Covid, yes Uptown was the place to be.

But right now it’s in a rebuilding phase and places like South End and other places are holding it down

If you’re an introvert, there are lots of places you can go, keep to yourself and still have a nice time
Definitely can't say you're "nothing" like Atlanta, because that isn't true. There are plenty of similarities, but also plenty of contrasts, which is why I prefer Charlotte, you couldn't get me to choose Atlanta over Charlotte for any amount of money...

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Definitely can't say you're "nothing" like Atlanta, because that isn't true. There are plenty of similarities, but also plenty of contrasts, which is why I prefer Charlotte, you couldn't get me to choose Atlanta over Charlotte for any amount of money...

What are the similarities?

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Black Charlotte's social scene emulates Atlanta's, from the lounge and club culture, to Charlotte hip hop, to the way Black Charlotteans dress and style. That's first of all...

Charlotte's urban fabric is a bite off so many Atlanta districts, and this isn't necessarily a bad thing---->but given Atlanta has been a major city much, much longer than Charlotte, this means Charlotte emulated Atlanta development patterns, not the other way around. If you ever went to Underground Atlanta or Atlantic Station you can see the similarities in what the Epicenter was, Ayrsley and Midtown Charlotte shopping districts, etc...

Southpark is Charlotte's version of Buckhead. South End is Charlotte's version of Five Points and Decatur. There's so many examples bro...

You're from a small city, Winston-Salem. I don't expect similarities to pop out at you, Charlotte probably feels Atlanta-sized to you 🤣 there's a ton if similarities between Charlotte and Atlanta, but the contrasts are what make Charlotte, for me, a better and more enjoyable city...