Rock's Preferred City Series (PCS): Charlotte or Raleigh?

Which do you prefer?

• Charlotte

Votes: 52 63.4%
  • Raleigh

Votes: 23 28.0%
  • Different Carolina City

Votes: 7 8.5%

• Total voters

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Charlotte is really trying to make waves with the new Soccer club and the light rail. But losing the Epic Centre hurt BIG TIME.

I say all this to say KEEP y'all asses out the Metrolina, too many new nikkas running around ruining shyt :scust:
I was thinking about the Epicentre when I was out there yesterday. I was saying there’s no way they’ll just let it go to waste with that new hotel being there and all. The Epicentre was actually sold so we will see what happens to it. It makes sense to have it there and they’ll be dumb to just let that space go to waste.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Increasing but cheap for both, with Charlotte marginally cheaper:

https://www.bestplaces.net/cost-of-living/raleigh-nc/charlotte-nc/50000

But my frame of reference is California and Virginia, two states with higher cost of living. So COL is bestvdetermined thry frame of reference...

Are you from Ohio?

I don't like the surrounding areas of either city but I prefer Concord over anywhere else on the outskirts of either one...
Too many folk moving to Concord too :francis: They’re about to really explode too.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
I’ve had to go to Raleigh a few times for work and I thought it was cool. Thought Morgan Street Food Hall was dope when I first went. I’m not necessarily in a hurry to go back there though.

I’ve lived in the Charlotte area for almost 7 years now and I feel like I’ve grown with the city. They need to stop getting rid of old Charlotte institutions though(Word to Price’s Chicken Coop, Mr. K’s, Zack’s, the old school Dairy Queen in Plaza Midwood, and most recently Krazy Fish, etc) There’s a lot here that people don’t know about I think. If you get into that clique of people here, you’ll definitely love it here. Shoutout to Rollin’ CLT, CLT Freeskate, etc. I used to wonder if I’d leave this area, but things have happened for me that might keep me here for awhile longer. I like it here.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
It's most likely never happening but if another situation ever arises where the Hornets are looking to leave The Q, The R should be the first city to look towards. Having lived in both I'm confident in saying Raleigh is much more of a basketball first city, Charlotte is more football first. And when I'm saying this I'm talking all levels from prep to college to pro. Basketball is the thing here...

Hornets were 15th in attendance this year, Canes were 13th. The basketball Standom here would have the Hornets consistently competing for Top 10 in attendance...

Henry Orbit

Wave Gods
Daps
Reppin
The Old North State
It's most likely never happening but if another situation ever arises where the Hornets are looking to leave The Q, The R should be the first city to look towards. Having lived in both I'm confident in saying Raleigh is much more of a basketball first city, Charlotte is more football first. And when I'm saying this I'm talking all levels from prep to college to pro. Basketball is the thing here...

Hornets were 15th in attendance this year, Canes were 13th. The basketball Standom here would have the Hornets consistently competing for Top 10 in attendance...
As a Hornets season ticket holder, respectfully

giphy.gif

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps