Rock's Preferred City Series (PCS): Charlotte or Raleigh?

Which do you prefer?

• Charlotte

Votes: 52 63.4%
  • Raleigh

Votes: 23 28.0%
  • Different Carolina City

Votes: 7 8.5%

• Total voters

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
Charlotte

Raleigh filled with privileged crehs and crehettes hiring other privileged crehs and crehettes

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I always hear nothing but good things about North Carolina, especially Raleigh and Charlotte
:ehh:

my only question is, does North Carolina have to deal with any frequent wraths of nature, I'm asking because I remember North Carolina got hit with a bad flood in like 2018

was the flood an anomaly ??

Na we for the most part good but again it due depend on how what part it NC you’re in. Some of the smaller towns catch it worst

But I don’t recall anything majorly bad happening in Raleigh in years and Hugo was arguably the worst shyt that happened in Charlotte and that happened watch before most of the coli was even born

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Raleigh cool for the slower family life…. Like if you wanna be somewhere and just work and when not working spend time with the wife and kids.

Charlotte you can do the same, but there are way more events and entertainment things going on.

Hell we conclude one festival that’s been going on for 2 weeks now and there was some shyt earlier today by my peoples Dupp&Swatt

Not to mention we have most of the major pro teams.

Unless you’re a hockey fan and like college bball with Carolina, NC State, and Duke out there

Just dropped my oldest daughters off to their mom and took a spin thru Downtown...

73° and not quite 8pm and it's definitely popping downtown here. Glenwood is packed, Morgan St Food Hall is packed, heavy pedestrian traffic everywhere. Muhfukkas are on these scooter things heavy, all races are out, the studs are out, the bytches are everywhere...

Fayetteville, Wilmington, Blount all heavy, it's a thousand muhfukkas at Moore Square right now. Trolleys and those little bicycle trolleys heavy in rotation...

There's a mischaracterization that Raleigh is only family friendly and that there isn't much here for singles. In my experience if Raleigh is compared to cities of it's weight class, it holds up well. Raleigh may not do any one thing the best in terms of entertainment value, but it does everything well, nothing really horribly. Raleigh's biggest mistake was not putting a 21k arena and 58k football stadium downtown...

That's a big demerit with other comparably-sizee cities who have their major venues right in the core. Other than that, Raleigh's amenities compare quite nicely to any other city in its weight class...

You summed it up, the family lifestyle can definitely be applied to Charlotte too, Charlotte just has a crushing advantage in things to do...

I'll never get into NCAAB like that but it's a big deal here, and I do loosely support Pack Athletics. The Hurricanes have a huge following here, about on par with the Hornets in Charlotte, they ain't nothing to sneeze at. Panthers are king any city in Carolina, Raleigh definitely loves its Panthers. But Hurricanes are the second most popular of the four big league teams in NC and I've become a lightweight fan just from living here. Really wanna go to the Stadium Series at Carter Finley in January...

So yeah it's definitely a city for families but there's a strong network of things that support living single here too!

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
Charlotte is really trying to make waves with the new Soccer club and the light rail. But losing the Epic Centre hurt BIG TIME.

I say all this to say KEEP y'all asses out the Metrolina, too many new nikkas running around ruining shyt :scust:

Daaaamn Charlotte got rid of the Epic Centre?

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
I lived in Charlotte for 2 years. I've been in Raleigh for three and counting, will probably be here a long time. My kids are here and though I'd love to leave, I don't hate it here. I won't risk my kids growing up without me..
Ya baby moms live in Raleigh?

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
I’m with you on the highways. When I first moved here I drove from Ohio to Raleigh, and it just kept getting darker and darker. I got no clue why the hell there aren’t lights on the highway.

Lol that’s a lil dangerous….How are the drivers in both RTP and CLT?

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
I lived near the intersection of South abd Tyvola, used Tyvola Station rail to get me Uptown many times. Had acquaintances all over the South from Nations Ford to Steele Creek to all up and down South Bully...

Charlotte is definitely younger but also great for families. It's poverty rate is virtually equivalent to Raleigh and like Raleigh there are many middle class black areas. Both cities have a healthy black middle class...

I dated a girl from Durham years back, had a homeboy there so I frequented Durham and was never that impressed, still not. It's Fayetteville with a Duke/RTP stimulus. There are plenty of black events but I'm more tied to Fayetteville and can find a healthy number of black events there in comparison...

Man Epicentre was that deal! What are they gonna do with the site?

Both Rgh and Clt are full of transplants...

Greensboro is overrated. It's really pretty in the spring but it's not an impressive city. It's Rgh/Durm-lite with more of a slower, laid back vibe...

Negged

Shoutout the thoroughest Boro from Guilford College Rd to Lee St, West Friendly to Battleground, any disrespect of the 336 is gettin negged on site

Jermio

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Haven't been to either city in 20+ years, but grew up in Durham and Chapel Hill. Charlotte was more interesting in the late 90s, from what I remember. They had that IMAX dome Discovery something or whatever. I don't remember much about Raleigh besides Crabtree mall, which sucked ass compared to shyt like Southsquare.

REdefinition

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Raleigh is safer, more educated, better schools, better family vibe, and has maintained more of it's traditional NC roots. Also Raleigh may have a SLIGHT edge on employment.

Charlotte wins in about every other category. Its really not that close if Raleigh is isolated. What makes Raleigh comparable is it's proximity to other cities and most look at the Raleigh-Durahm area as a region as opposed to the individual cities. Also, Raleigh is closer to the beach which is big plus.

I've also noticed Charlotte seems to be much more popular with black folks. Much bigger public profile. Black people from other regions seem much more familiar with Charlotte than Raleigh. Both cities are great places to live though and probably more similar than they are different. I can't imagine loving one and hating the other.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Ya baby moms live in Raleigh?

Hell yeah. In a perfect world I'd love to settle and raise my children in The Beach, I miss it. There's a saying that goes, "find your there." I found my "there" in Virginia Beach, I love it that much. So many things about the city line up with my personality, interests, and comfortability...

But of course with children in play I had to make a decision and it's much more relevant at this stage to be where my kids are, than to just go do my thing where I'm comfortable, for so many reasons. And if it wasn't The Beach, there are a number of other places I'd choose to go back to before Raleigh (Sacramento, Richmond, Charlotte, I prefer all these places to Raleigh)...

But I don't hate it here, it actually has grown on me with time, and I look at it like this. I'll be 33 this year and I'm still building my foundation. My daughters are 5, 3, and 7 months. There is going to come a time in that 7-12 year window from now where I'll have optimal comfortability on where I am in life, where I'll be able to control my own movements and schedule better, and at that time my daughters will be older---->at 42 my daughters will be 15, 13, 10. While I'm establishing myself, I'm here with them thru all the critical points of adolescence as well. When the time comes I can freely choose where I want to go, they'll be older and I will probably have the option of bringing them with me, which is unavailable to me right now...

So I'm just grinding for tomorrow, I understand what I gotta do today. There's certainly worse places I could be stuck in than Raleigh, I ain't mad at it. 10 years from now I may not want to leave, though I doubt it, I have a transient spirit and grew up bouncing around, I get bored easily and need new challenges and experiences after awhile. But the possibility is there that maybe I'm a different outlook in a decade and I'd rather stay here...

As it is now I'm here until I'm at least in my 40s and I've accepted that. Lotta worse places to end up than Raleigh!

Negged

Shoutout the thoroughest Boro from Guilford College Rd to Lee St, West Friendly to Battleground, any disrespect of the 336 is gettin negged on site

Lmao Gso is physically an attractive city. And it has women everywhere like all the other NC cities. I was frequenting Gso often in 2016-18 and nothing was popping outside Elm....

Which city has better looking, thicker black women?
:mjlit:

It's North Carolina, you find them in every large city. Rgh and Clt are pretty equal in regards to women and sisters in general...