Robocop 1st Trailer

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
looked better than I thought it would...will more than likely check it out

as for yall complaining about the rating: pg-13 isn't really pg-13 anymore....pg-13 is the new R rating....many movies rated pg-13 in today's society would've been R rated 15-20 years ago...just go back and look at some of those R rated movies and compare....anyway, since they get away with so much in pg-13 movies, there is no need to go for the extra profanity, gore, blood, nudity, etc. to make it R rated for the theater release and miss out on a lot of money...just save all that shyt for the director's cut or unrated Blu-ray/dvd...

Last edited:

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia

as for yall complaining about the rating: pg-13 isn't really pg-13 anymore....pg-13 is the new R rating....many movies rated pg-13 in today's society would've been R rated 15-20 years ago...just go back and look at some of those R rated movies and compare....anyway, since they get away with so much in pg-13 movies, there is no need to go for the extra profanity, gore, blood, nudity, etc. to make it R rated for the theater release and miss out on a lot of money...just save all that shyt for the director's cut or unrated Blu-ray/dvd...
:rudy: miss me with that shyt, PG is still fukkin PG, you can't tell me the OG Robocop would be rated PG these days.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:rudy: miss me with that shyt, PG is still fukkin PG, you can't tell me the OG Robocop would be rated PG these days.

pg? no....pg-13? yep...the criteria for what you could/couldnt get away with in movies that dictated the ratings changed along time ago...and with all the money they making, they've just said fukk it when it comes to reassessing it...seriously, look at all the shyt you can get away with in a pg-13 movie nowadays...then compare it to a R rated movie about 20 years ago...them shyts will be very similar...that's why companies shoot for pg-13...that rating gives them the chance at the broadest audience which means mo money, mo money, mo money...they get enough adult content in the movie that makes it entertaining for older people and edgy for younger people trying to 'get away with seeing something they shouldnt'...unless that's the goal/marketing strategy from the beginning, there's no reason to fukk up all that money by going for an R rating...not only that, when they release the unrated version of the movie on Blu-ray/dvd, they'll get the money they missed out on from people that skipped the movie cause of a 'pg-13' rating...which means even mo money...

Last edited:

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
pg? no....pg-13? yep...the criteria for what you could/couldnt get away with in movies that dictated the ratings changed along time ago...and with all the money they making, they've just said fukk it when it comes to reassessing it...seriously, look at all the shyt you can get away with in a pg-13 movie nowadays...then compare it to a R rated movie about 20 years ago...them shyts will be very similar...that's why companies shoot for pg-13...that rating gives them the chance at the broadest audience which means mo money, mo money, mo money...they get enough adult content in the movie that makes it entertaining for older people and edgy for younger people trying to 'get away with seeing something they shouldnt'...unless that's the goal from the beginning, there's no reason to fukk up all that money by going for an R rating...not only that, when they release the unrated version of the movie on Blu-ray/dvd, they'll get the money they missed out on from people that skipped the movie cause of a 'pg-13' rating...which means even mo money...

ratings must be quite different over here, i was looking up Dredd from last year to use as an example and it was rated R in US but MA 15+ here so i guess that's the typical scenario. i just don't see how you can do a proper Robocop movie unless it was at least an MA 15+

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang

Bruh, you soundin like a suit trying to convince a nikka to sell out. Robocop don't sell out :ufdup:
And they don't do director cuts like what you talkin about, what you think this iz? A No Limit Album?
Movie theater gets the Radio cut :stopitslime:

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ratings must be quite different over here, i was looking up Dredd from last year to use as an example and it was rated R in US but MA 15+ here so i guess that's the typical scenario. i just don't see how you can do a proper Robocop movie unless it was at least an MA 15+

with how close pg-13 and R rating lines have gotten, if the acting, writing, and story are good, people not gonna care about the rating...the only reason people trip off of it now is cause the movie is a remake or in a franchise, and they're basing it on how things used to be, not how they are now...it's all subconscious...

an example of what i'm talking about: compare the first 2 die hards to the dark knight and the dark knight returns...besides a lil less profanity, you get the same amount (if not more) explosions, killing of people, action, etc in the batman movies as you did the die hards...but the die hards were rated R and batmans were pg-13...the joker 'magic trick' scene in dark knight alone would've made that movie R 20 years ago, yet it was pg 13 when released...

to go along with the last point: the die hard series also shows how ratings have become bullshyt marketing ploys...like I mentioned, the first couple die hards were R, but then one of them was pg-13...the movie was pretty much the same as the R rated ones (except language), but since it was pg-13, people thought it just wasn't a 'die hard' movie....so the company made the same damn movie for the most part (in terms of action, violence, etc.), with the next die hard, added a lil more profanity, slapped R on it, and people thought they were getting a 'real die hard movie'....turned out the movie was worse than the pg-13 one lol....

Last edited:

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bruh, you soundin like a suit trying to convince a nikka to sell out. Robocop don't sell out :ufdup:
And they don't do director cuts like what you talkin about, what you think this iz? A No Limit Album?
Movie theater gets the Radio cut :stopitslime:

robocop sold out in part 3, but whatever...if you dont believe me, just look it up yourself to see what i'm talking about...today's pg-13 movies would've been R movies 20 years ago...to get an R movie today, you have to go damn near over the top with: language, violence, nudity, and/or blood/gore...

that's why I put 'unrated' in there cause that is what i'm talking about...

Last edited:

The Bilingual Gringo

Tucked in to the socks
Supporter
Daps
to go along with the last point: the die hard series also shows how ratings have become bullshyt marketing ploys...like I mentioned, the first couple die hards were R, but then one of them was pg-13...the movie was pretty much the same as the R rated ones (except language), but since it was pg-13, people thought it just wasn't a 'die hard' movie....so the company made the same damn movie for the most part (in terms of action, violence, etc.), with the next die hard, added a lil more profanity, slapped R on it, and people thought they were getting a 'real die hard movie'....turned out the movie was worse than the pg-13 one lol....

I found that move by the studios offensive as fukk.

My thing is that back in the late 80's and 90's they actually used props for blood and violence and for the live action. Now it's all CGI. I get that it's safer, etc. but I look at the latest Rambo movie, gory as fukk, but it was all fake, it took a lot out of it at least for me. Problem I have is that the original Robocop had that raw funk to it, now it's all polished, violence/gore being the same or not, it may not have that feel.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I found that move by the studios offensive as fukk.

My thing is that back in the late 80's and 90's they actually used props for blood and violence and for the live action. Now it's all CGI. I get that it's safer, etc. but I look at the latest Rambo movie, gory as fukk, but it was all fake, it took a lot out of it at least for me. Problem I have is that the original Robocop had that raw funk to it, now it's all polished, violence/gore being the same or not, it may not have that feel.

lol i'm sure you did...it just shows how ratings have become marketing ploys too

I get what you saying, but it's kinda hard to make movies look/feel like that anymore cause of the advancement in technology and society's obsession with always wanting 'newer, better, HD' shyt...ex: watched terminator 2 a couple months ago on one of those tvs that makes everything look like a soap opera, fukked up the whole experience....had people saying the movie didn't age well...I was thinking that's bullshyt...when you take away the movie effect, you kill the movie...