Robin Thicke's Black Son

I Lord Justice

All Star
Daps

:yeshrug:

It's kinda what trips me out about this whole thread.

On the one hand you got cats criticizing the doctrine of the one-drop rule (A valid criticism within the context of the racial paradigm), but next you'll hear them identify by terms coined by Dutch & Portuguese slave traders as well as 18th century European sociologists.

That's why i liked @Anothergirl 's Breakdown of what it means to be West Indian.

If we're being serious about not letting white people (or white supremacist doctrine) define us why not throw all these old terms in the bushes and go by culture?

Our culture is who we are not our complexion.

emoney

custom user title
Daps

On the one hand you got cats criticizing the doctrine of the one-drop rule (A valid criticism within the context of the racial paradigm), but next you'll hear them identify by terms coined by Dutch & Portuguese slave traders as well as 18th century European sociologist

That's why i liked @Anothergirl 's Breakdown of what it means to be West Indian.

If we're being serious about not letting white people (or white supremacist doctrine) define us why not throw all these old terms in the bushes and go by culture?

Our culture is who we are not our complexion.

I'll say this again, race is a social construct but color (skin complexion) is not.

Culture although very important can be practiced and adopted by anyone.

Genetics and Blood (DNA and RNA) is most scientific IMO

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If race is merely just a social construct why is that you can tell someone's race by doing a DNA test?

that isn't actually true.....don't let the few times our social construct regarding racial phenotypes actually lines up with genotype haplo-groups fool you into thinking our social construct of race is actually biologically testable......because sometimes people who look like this
JARAWA30_medium.jpg

come out as having DNA most similar to people like this
imgmongol4.jpg

http://mathildasanthropologyblog.wo...-onge-and-sentinelese-of-the-andaman-islands/

DNA is good at telling us about peoples genotype NOT their phenotype.....remember these are two entirely different things.....our concept of race is about phenotype not genotype......that is why the natives of the Andaman Islands would be considered BLACK in almost any racial construct imaginable even though they are genetically Asian......there are also countless other examples like this of people who look black based on our social construct regarding what phenotype makes someone black but then once their DNA is tested they come out genetically Asian

now are you going to argue that the Andaman Islanders aren't black? :comeon:

This isn't only limited to people who look black but genetically aren't......there are people who look "asian" in terms of phenotype but are genetically most related to europeans......there are people who look "white" who are genetically most related to Asians.....etc......as I said earlier don't let the few times our social construct regarding racial phenotypes actually lines up with genotype haplo-groups fool you into thinking our racial construct is real

Last edited:

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
that isn't actually true.....don't let the few times our social construct regarding racial phenotypes actually lines up with genotype haplo-groups fool you into thinking our social construct of race is actually biologically testable......because sometimes people who look like this
JARAWA30_medium.jpg

come out as having DNA most similar to people like this
imgmongol4.jpg

http://mathildasanthropologyblog.wo...-onge-and-sentinelese-of-the-andaman-islands/

DNA is good at telling us about peoples genotype NOT their phenotype.....remember these are two entirely different things.....our concept of race is about phenotype not genotype......that is why the natives of the Andaman Islands would be considered BLACK in almost any racial construct imaginable even though they are genetically Asian......there are also countless other examples like this of people who look black based on our social construct regarding what phenotype makes someone black but then once their DNA is tested they come out genetically Asian

now are you going to argue that the Andaman Islanders aren't black? :comeon:

This isn't only limited to people who look black but genetically aren't......there are people who look "asian" in terms of phenotype but are genetically most related to europeans......there are people who look "white" who are genetically most related to Asians.....etc......as I said earlier don't let the few times our social construct regarding racial phenotypes actually lines up with genotype haplo-groups fool you into thinking our racial construct is real
The Jarawa people are ASIAN though. :comeon:

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
1049.gif
I'm done wasting my time with you. If those nikkas ain't black then there have never been black people on earth.
Their skin color is black, but they aren't African. There are people that look just like that in India, the Philippines and Australia, but they aren't black African.

Black to me means African.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Their skin color is black, but they aren't African. There are people that look just like that in India, the Philippines and Australia, but they aren't black African.

Black to me means African.

:dwillhuh: So let me get this straight. You spent most of this thread trying to convince people that mixed race folks who have black parents/grandparents aren't really black because they don't look black even though they are genetically black. But now, you're saying that people who look black aren't really black because they are not genetically black. :what:

How many more times will you contradict yourself?

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Does anyone else find it funny how @GreatestLaker is twisting himself into a pretzel to convince himself that our concept of race is biologically real rather than a social construct?

I give him an clear cut example of a people who would be considered UNEQUIVOCALLY black in almost any country where the concept of race exists and he comes in here claiming they ain't black but Asian because it contradicts his RACIST belief that the concept of race which was created by racist white Europeans in the 1500s can be scientifically determined using DNA.

No buddy. DNA only tells us how we are related to one another. And if it tells us anything about race, it tells us that our concept of race is imaginary and doesn't exist. You are trying to superimpose your a priori preconceptions onto science and then when I give you evidence of when the science disagrees with you a priori preconceptions you say stupid shyt like the Jarawa (who just might be the blackest people on earth) ain't black. :stopitslime:

This is what science/DNA tells us. We are all the same. The concept of race that people with black phenotypes are fundamentally different from people with white phenotypes is false. We all descended from the same common ancestors who lived in Africa 150,000 years ago. The fact we look different is the result of adaptation to different environments, random mutation, and sexual selection. We don't look different because one is better or smarter than the other. The reason the Jarawa look black is not because they are fundamentally different than their Asian cousins. Its because they had no need to change their African phenotype while the other mainland humans had their phenotype change.

The reason our concept of race is bullshyt and nothing more than a social construct is because it believes that difference in outside appearance means fundamental difference. That because the Jarawa look black that they are fundamentally different than mainland Asians. But science tells us that it isn't the case. That regardless of outside appearance, people with black skin and nappy hair are more similar to yellow skin chinky eye Asians than they are to black skin nappy hair Africans. If you still can't see how this science totally disproves the concept of race we have all been raised with then you are either a moron or you don't want to face the truth.

I'm done.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
she looks italian, he looks german, so the kid looking german kinda makes sense. no that kid isn't black. I swear man, I want to slap anyone calling that child black. its a white person with some black admixture in there.

i was just watching that brazilian affirmative action youtube video, and i wanted to jump through the monitor at those mixed breeds using up the resources that were designated for the MUCH needed assistance programs for the very very poor black northerners from Bahia. :mad: these hoes were blonde haired green eyes, lookin like they from sweden, talkin about my great grandmother is black, fukk you trick, you'd use your white card to get a corporate job so fast, you'd have a black person cleaning your feet. now they're trying to help real blacks "you black now" fukk outta here.
link?

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY

On the one hand you got cats criticizing the doctrine of the one-drop rule (A valid criticism within the context of the racial paradigm), but next you'll hear them identify by terms coined by Dutch & Portuguese slave traders as well as 18th century European sociologists.

Our culture is who we are not our complexion

in the case of american blacks, black american would still be the best identifier for our culture