Rob Liefeld and the horrible comic era of the 90s :russ:

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
thats the shyt I'm talking about :russ: I loved his female drawings but damn man, his exaggerated characters kill me.
They all had supersized feet, huge humped backs and ridiculous muscles. Yet Rob Liefeld is the constant punching bag to this day.
thats what made the 90's dope though you had all these signature art styles. that was such a highly stylized era of art. name a comic book artist out right now with his own signature style let alone stylized approach to art in general. all comic book art today looks all generic and plain

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
the 90's was just an odd time for comics. early to mid 90's them muthafukkas was selling a million copies of certain issues B. comic book artist were in levis jeans commericals and shyt. wak as rob sold the right for a young blood movie for a million fukkin dollars :wow: Atrically the 90's were dope, cuz it was the first time comics broke away form having a "house style" every comic kinda looked different artistically. BUT the stories were sooooo garbage. cuz for some odd reaosn they let artist have a lil too much imput on acyual stories. rob came up with some cool looking character ideas (sans all them dumb ass pouches and sword/guns) but his story ideas were retarded and kinda bodied xmen for a lil bit. mad shyt had to get retconned :russ: but it gave birth to DOPE ass indie comics from the 00's till now.

b@squ1@t

I AM THE GOLDEN GOD
Daps
Batman+&+Grendel+%231+pg00.jpg

mark silvestri:
Silvestri3.jpeg

keith giffen
Lobo+Infanticide+3+-+Trencher+1.jpg

joe madureira
JoeMad2.jpg

erik larsen
3462484-550w_comics_savage_dragon.jpg

and the gawd jim lee
x-men+1.jpg

the 90's was my shyt:blessed:

Last edited:

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
Leifield is the Michael Jordan of woat comic artists, Slott is up there with him(even though i like some slott stuff)

• Dap
Reactions: TNC

Fury616

www.illdust.com
Daps
Reppin
( o Y o )
thats what made the 90's dope though you had all these signature art styles. that was such a highly stylized era of art. name a comic book artist out right now with his own signature style let alone stylized approach to art in general. all comic book art today looks all generic and plain

True...only a few today have their own distinct style. Thats exactly why I said the 90s was the artists era.

figure-1.jpg

battle_chasers_09.jpg
116498-149530-todd-mcfarlane_super.jpg

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
MORE POUCHES!!

MOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!!!!

POUCHES ON POUCHES :yayo:
And guns and swords and more punches and more swords and more guns and pouches! :blessed:

Low-key, that era of comics gave me body dysmorphia or something. I'll never have muscles that big, my face will never be that chiseled and I'll never have that many pouches. :to:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I thought the general consensus was that comics was trash in the 90s(aside from a few series) it seems like that from everyone I talk to in person and every comic book clerk/owner I talk to. Yeah there was the cool cartoon series on fox but what about all the gimmick covers, all the comic book characters that crept up for a mini series, the clone sagas, the botched storylines. The tacky art, the crude drawings, I seen. My action comics dudes was telling me about the spectator market and when marvel went bankrupt. They killed the trade paperback market with gimmick covers.

Every thrift store/swapmeet/comic book store I go to is filled with trash and alot of that is comics from the 90s that didn't stand the test of time. Alot of shyt didn't make it out the 90s and thats for a reason.

I notice on the internet and the-coli now th
at nothing of the 90s should be mentioned in a negative light I guess, nostalgia maybe :manny:

I was more so going from an art standpoint but the 90's in terms of the comic game was a pivotal era. Yea there were a lot of trash story arcs too, but comics wouldn't be what they are today if it weren't for some of the best storylines of the era like Kingdom Come, Todd McFarlanes Spiderman stories, the birth of Spawn, Hellboy, Preacher, the Death of Superman which for better or worse was a major media event (Now that electric suit :scusthov:), Stormwatch/The Authority, is hugely influential in todays comics, and I'm sure I'm missing a couple. Now granted the most iconic storylines were from the 80's and also the mids 2000's was bananas as well, but there were more good comics than many remember.

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
the 90s had the best comic cartoons, but the comics themselves took a serious downturn from the gritty but well executed 80s

liefeld should maybe write or create concepts like a stan lee, but penciling monthly books is simply not for him