"Road House" | Prime Video | March 21st 2024 | Jake Gyllenhall vs Connor McGregor

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
I think Gyllenhaal could play the new batman in gunns DC universe

Last edited:

Marco Zen

Black Privilege
Daps
Reppin
The Other A
As a super fan of the original I wasn't expecting it to be anywhere near as good, and of course it wasn't anywhere near as good... (shout out P Swayze the god :salute:)

But like some other posters said it's not terrible and actually something cool to watch when ain't shyt else to watch.. something to put on after fukkin or whatever..

Seems like connon was basically told be an over the top villain.. not trying to win an Oscar here

The fact that they had to CGI post Malone simply throwing punches :snoop:

One thing I did like is they tried to stay true to what made the first one dope with the bar fights and the bands and the ridiculous evil crime boss of the town..

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
This was basically a Jason Statham movie with Road House name slapped on to it for marketing purposes. Based on that metric it was a fun beat 'em up action movie.

Although this was an old fashion action movie McGregor was the only one with the cheesy 80s action movie acting. shyt was jarring to watch, my guess is that his regular acting was hot garbage so they probably just told him to ham it up all the way. Don't know if Jake Gyllenhaal had a tougher time acting with Conor or doing promo with him :heh:

Also Conor just doesn't have the height and stature for this role, no matter how much steroids he juiced himself with. If they wanted a coked up villain Jon Jones would've made much more sense. Even in the one on one fight with Jake they had to use weird camera angles to make Conor look more intimidating.

Making Dalton a former UFC fighter instead of a bouncer was a dumb choice on their part.

morris

Superstar
Daps
I liked the fights and thats pretty much what we all paid to see
the OG Road House some T&A … would be better if this one showed some from the owner and doctor would have been greatly appreciated.

Fun fact, for a decorated actor, Gyllenhall has acted with Beetlejuice and Connor….he has patience

Last edited:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
It‘s like it tried to remake a grindhouse with a bigger budget but that exposes how flimsy the seams are. If this dude had this amount of money he would just get the bar shut legally. The original was just a protection racket.

so you never really care about any of this but the camera work/ fights were cool. The comedy was good, But the characters don’t gel.

it really is a western but without the part were the townspeople ban together. if Jake isn’t on screen I don’t think any of the town even talk to each other.

Last edited: