River City Girls 2 (PC, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Switch, PS5, PS4) (December 15, 2022)

Uncle Baby Billy

All Star
Daps
I think I played it in a reverse order or something and unlocked Provie before Marian.
Just got Marian. She's pretty dope.

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
I dunno brehs, I finally started playing part 1 of this and this a game I just knew I was gone like but I ain’t feeling this. Constantly respawning enemies, getting locked in rooms with enemies you already beat. Combat is trash. Even when you level up the enemies still take 100 hits to kill. Then if u linger too long they just come back to life again anyway. Special moves seems to do as much damage as a regular light attack.

I can honestly say this might be the most disappointing and frustrating beat em up I ever played and I was really looking forward to playing this too. Ima see if I can at least beat it but I doubt ima replay this after I do :unimpressed:

Shaq

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dunno brehs, I finally started playing part 1 of this and this a game I just knew I was gone like but I ain’t feeling this. Constantly respawning enemies, getting locked in rooms with enemies you already beat. Combat is trash. Even when you level up the enemies still take 100 hits to kill. Then if u linger too long they just come back to life again anyway. Special moves seems to do as much damage as a regular light attack.

I can honestly say this might be the most disappointing and frustrating beat em up I ever played and I was really looking forward to playing this too. Ima see if I can at least beat it but I doubt ima replay this after I do :unimpressed:
Felt the same when I finally got part 1 on sale and played solo. The second one having the ability to play with others online completely changes the experience

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Yeah going from 2 to 1 will definitely affect how you view/ enjoy the games :patrice:

Ehh..2 improves over 1 substantially for sure, but they both still play just how the River City Ransom games always played essentially (sans juggling/air combos now). Duke above just ain't for this series from some of his complaints (respawning enemies/area lockdowns :unimpressed: ,enemy damage sponge/"bad" combat :comeon:) Duke ain't playing the game right and/or doesn't want/know how to. We can't save everyone.

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
Ehh..2 improves over 1 substantially for sure, but they both still play just how the River City Ransom games always played essentially (sans juggling/air combos now). Duke above just ain't for this series from some of his complaints (respawning enemies/area lockdowns :unimpressed: ,enemy damage sponge/"bad" combat :comeon:) Duke ain't playing the game right and/or doesn't want/know how to. We can't save everyone.
I’m one of the biggest beat ‘Em up fans here if not the biggest :gucci:

I spent that whole post tombout how much I was anticipating playing it and every part of me expected to enjoy it. I’m only bout 30% thru but so far I’d def put Scott Pilgrim and Fight N Rage over this :unimpressed:

And this joint def ain’t even close to SOR4 or SOR1 for that matter

I’ll see how I feel when I’m done beating it but the fact upgrading has literally no effect on gameplay is :dwillhuh:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I’m one of the biggest beat ‘Em up fans here if not the biggest :gucci: - You not big enough then.:dame::mjpls:

I spent that whole post tombout how much I was anticipating playing it and every part of me expected to enjoy it. I’m only bout 30% thru but so far I’d def put Scott Pilgrim and Fight N Rage over this :unimpressed:- :sitdown:Better than Scott Pilgrim for sure, as its most similar to that, but SP owes its style to RCR games (the father of their style ):ufdup: and RCG1 just improves on it better:banderas:. Fight n Rage gives most beat-em ups a run for its money, especially to have been made by 1 guy:whoo:. Only caveat is its too short and I don't fukk with it being majority anthropomorphic. For that, it's still < than by dem animal hairs.:manny:

And this joint def ain’t even close to SOR4 or SOR1 for that matter - SOR4 is debateble, but I'd lean into SOR4 being better, as it's about the best beat up ever now, Tho RCG2 is definitively right there with it.. SOR1 tho...GTFOH!:camby:

I’ll see how I feel when I’m done beating it but the fact upgrading has literally no effect on gameplay is :dwillhuh: - This is holistically inaccurate:dahell:
Git gud and Be Better.