River City Girls 2 (PC, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Switch, PS5, PS4) (December 15, 2022)

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This game runs like shyt on switch, a lot worse than the original, pick it up on another platform if you can or at least after a few patch improvements.
Nope I have it in ps5 no other pixel game I own that has a ps5 logo runs like this hopefully they patch this soon

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So after looking around to see if I was trippin the mutual consensus is this game wasn’t ready, it mad sluggish and believe it or not, lost a lot of flare it had like the menu and character portraits.

Wayforward straight up dropped a unfinished product right before Christmas and charged extra for online :mjcry:

@The Mad Titan this ain’t it breh hopefully you copped on pc

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So after looking around to see if I was trippin the mutual consensus is this game wasn’t ready, it mad sluggish and believe it or not, lost a lot of flare it had like the menu and character portraits.

Wayforward straight up dropped a unfinished product right before Christmas and charged extra for online :mjcry:

@The Mad Titan this ain’t it breh hopefully you copped on pc
Mannnn :sadcam:

I'll still cop, hopefully a update drops by the time I get to sit and play it.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Nope I have it in ps5 no other pixel game I own that has a ps5 logo runs like this hopefully they patch this soon
I played it for 3 hours last night on the 5 and remote played from there on the Steam Deck just a few minutes ago . Game felt just fine. Feels exactly like the first game, which I know cuz I also played the first game just yesterday a bit before I copped this. Go dust out your Ps5, throw it in rice or something.

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
this looks like it might be a steam deck classic

I’m gonna pick up the first one for the steam deck…cdkeys has it for like $8

I’m gonna wait awhile for the 2nd one tho…read some quick reviewers on steam and saw there are some performance issues…should be cleared up when they drop some patches

dunno why but I enjoy these beat em up games a lot more on handheld than on console…case in point, I couldn’t really get into midnight fight express when I played it on console but I love playing this shyt on the steam deck

TheLostOnes

Laker for life
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Been playing it since my import copy came in on Saturday. The game is great from the new edition of playable characters and new moves for the returning cast. Hideouts are great and I love how you pick whatever recruits you have unlocked so far before bouncing out and I love the new additions of recruits that you can buy to help you if you have the money. Also, this game has alot of secrets compared to the first game e.g:
You can unlock a bunch of buyable assists one example is Alex from the classic RCR games.
This was absolutely worth the money another great beat em' up to the collection this year.

:blessed:

I'm also not surprised that the PC/Switch ports of this game aren't the best right now one thing about Arcsys is they always fukk up ports especially PC ones. So I would either say if you can get it on another console but if not, wait until they patch it

Fred

Deezay

All Star
Daps
Reppin
These Kids
I played it for 3 hours last night on the 5 and remote played from there on the Steam Deck just a few minutes ago . Game felt just fine. Feels exactly like the first game, which I know cuz I also played the first game just yesterday a bit before I copped this. Go dust out your Ps5, throw it in rice or something.
Throw it in rice, though....lol
I'm about to boot the last one up real quick so I could kick whatsHuhName out the window real quick.
This shyt legit.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wash your eyes it runs noticeably slower I just played the first game last week. Not my fault you can’t tell the difference :childplease:

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
Yeah the game runs considerably slower than it's predessor, but it's still fun. The slow feeling of it throws off the combos and fighting sometimes but the game is still Hella fun.

Hopefully they get the framerate issues in order for the consoles versions soon.