Rising teenage BX Drill rapper "Kay Flock" arrested for MURDER. (Update: New R.I.C.O. CASE.....its over)

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Akinyele literally snatched crack out of Nore's hand and threw it in the garbage to get him focused on music. Who's doing that for any of these drill artists?

Hip hop police were after most of the rappers you mentioned and they couldn't get a state case against them besides smaller offenses. They weren't running around reckless like these kids. For the most part they tried to avoid the bullshyt. These drill artists are actively gang banging in the streets and in the music. It's not even close to being similar.

If there was RICO then they would have moved differently because someone would've steered them in the right direction. These kids act today like RICO doesn't exist.

there were also a lot of MCs back then who had gang ties and were not advertising it. They kept that shyt lowkey. Now if you not flagging twisting fingers literally naming names of the set its almost weird :mjlol:

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
there were also a lot of MCs back then who had gang ties and were not advertising it. They kept that shyt lowkey. Now if you not flagging twisting fingers literally naming names of the set its almost weird :mjlol:

Back then crime was more tied to drugs and actually making money so discretion was necessary. These kids are just trying to prove how wild they are for clout.

Kids on Reddit can tell you what set these rappers are from and who they have beef with all through what's revealed on social media and music. They don't even care that law enforcement is watching them.

BaRRyG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NyC
Lil man could of changed his families livelyhood if he would of stood focused.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Back then crime was more tied to drugs and actually making money so discretion was necessary. These kids are just trying to prove how wild they are for clout.

Kids on Reddit can tell you what set these rappers are from and who they have beef with all through what's revealed on social media and music. They don't even care that law enforcement is watching them.
Not true at all. Unless you think every single one of 1990's 2000 murders that took place in NYC were drug related.

Many crimes were drug related...a lot of shyt was also live wire petty shyt. People were being killed over nothing. Killa B who is rapped about being abetted as a fugitive on The Infamous was on the run for killing someone over a Walkman. Mobb Deep were basically the proto drill rappers. There were many more Kay Flocks running around...no actually dudes were even worse.

Also, you saying that he was just trying to prove how tough he was. That's the majority of teenage delinquents and in Kay Flock's case the murder he caught was arguably self defense and the other drills he went on he was spinning for his friends who got killed.

Yeah, I agree social media and the music doesn't help but that's where we at with it in society. My point was that Kay Flock is no different in his dispositions than those aforementioned dudes especially at a young age. Despite social media and music lyrics...that's the least of the evidence used in courts he most damning evidence is always surveillance, wire taps, snitches, testimonies. A lot of y'all 90's favorites would not be able to make it through this generation.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
They weren't low key at all. If you listen to The Infamous they admit to abetting a fugitive on the run for murder and the street names of their associates were name dropped throughout that album. In that era they were getting in all types of drama and there were dudes who were definitely selling crack in their crew. It would be easy today with how policing has advanced for them to get indicted based on the events of that era. The exploits of the "12th Street Crew" would be broken down had they existed today on places like Reddit.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Fat Joe made a good point. He talked about how tight he was with BIG on hotboxing and how he had 0 pictures with him. Back in his era taking flicks was sucka shyt.

These young bulls put their whole life on social media. Crazy when you out here doing dirt, no?
Fat Joe capping...they didn't have camera phones back then its that simple.

OG sure turned into a socialite once all this shyt came out though. :mjlol:

The street nikkas of that era loved to be seen, loved to be pictured and seen in all their glory with their chains on, one can only imagine if they had camera phones and social media existed. The pictures of that era are legendary. If taking flicks was sucka shyt those flicks wouldn't exist.

Last edited:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Akinyele literally snatched crack out of Nore's hand and threw it in the garbage to get him focused on music. Who's doing that for any of these drill artists?

Hip hop police were after most of the rappers you mentioned and they couldn't get a state case against them besides smaller offenses. They weren't running around reckless like these kids. For the most part they tried to avoid the bullshyt. These drill artists are actively gang banging in the streets and in the music. It's not even close to being similar.

If there was RICO then they would have moved differently because someone would've steered them in the right direction. These kids act today like RICO doesn't exist.
Nore was selling crack still after The War Report came out. Kay Flock had only been signed maybe a few months and hadn't even dropped a tape yet when he went down.

The drill rappers have OG's from their neighborhoods/gangs they respect. Flock is SMM...people like Hocus 45 tried talking to him. B Lovee and Sha EK aren't getting caught up because they move different. Some young nikkas listen...the majority don't. French Montana signed some of these kids, Juelz knows all those kids from Sugarhill that rap (DD Osama, D Dot, E Dot, Keem, etc.) one of them kids is his nephew. They got people that talk to them.

No my man back then you could get away with shyt. These rappers and their crews were reckless as hell they weren't trying to avoid shyt.

Silky Johnson

The Master Investbreh
Daps
Reppin
Hatersbridge, BX

The street nikkas of that era loved to be seen, loved to be pictured and seen in all their glory with their chains on, one can only imagine if they had camera phones and social media existed. The pictures of that era are legendary. If taking flicks was sucka shyt those flicks wouldn't exist.
Nah, Nicky Barnes was the exception not the rule.

Most of the og '88 nikkas I saw growing up were low

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Social media is probably the defining factor here, regarding generational differences.

and the rise of federal prosecution to deal with neighborhood crimes

Some great points and insight into rap in the 90's vs now. Rappers were essentially doing the same thing back then, just loosely speaking. They had crews, they were getting in fights and shootouts, moving work. Think of Puff and Shyne, shooting a club up in 1999. Junior MAFIA had shootouts and cases too, think of the Hot 97 shootout. (They did get indicted for that)

Beanie Sigel's another one, who was moving reckless in the street, despite being essentially A list by proximity. Dude had Beyonce had his court dates!

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
They weren't low key at all. If you listen to The Infamous they admit to abetting a fugitive on the run for murder and the street names of their associates were name dropped throughout that album. In that era they were getting in all types of drama and there were dudes who were definitely selling crack in their crew. It would be easy today with how policing has advanced for them to get indicted based on the events of that era. The exploits of the "12th Street Crew" would be broken down had they existed today on places like Reddit.

Breh I didn't paint it black n white like that. I said a LOT. there are plenty of MCs IYKYK. It was more common for certain regions at the time to put it all out there. But there were plenty of MCs from our part of town who were putting in real work and laid the murder game down and if you listen to their music you'd be like WHAT NO fukkIN WAY!? :russ:

Prodigy been known to be a chatty patty anyway lol....if he actually put in any work IDK not my business lol

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York

A lot of those photos came to light once social media started tho. They weren't PUT OUT there like that during the time. Maybe because there wasn't an outlet like IG? IDK. But when it did happen these guys are so far removed at that point. And yea at the time they were young they would prolly be doing the same shyt. But its all semantics cause its all shoulda woulda type of time talking in circles and hypotheticals.

That era isn't my era; and this current era isn't mine either so I don't have a dog in this fight. All I'm saying is these new guys is literally reporting to the world in real time from the frontlines who are active. These brehs aren't even seeing 25 free cause of it. There's literally entire task forces devoted to social media in the NYPD. They sit in a prescient or from home and can put together the entire shyt. Brehs going on LIVE giving up EVERYTHING. I get it because of what they're repping and they keeping it as gully as they can but it don't change the fact its pure crash dummy shyt. Like you rapping to get the bag n get out or 2 crash out major?

Also this is probably the first time NYC has primarily been driven by banging on wax.

Last edited:

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC

Exactly.

It's two different worlds. Back in the day, dudes would actually try to stop you from doing reckless sh*t. Puff told BIG that if he didn't chill with the street sh*t, he couldn't f*ck with him. Dre did the same with Snoop. Kurupt said Big U wouldn't even let him around anyone that could influence him in the wrong way because he wanted him to focus on the music and stay out of that life.

Today, these little dudes run around like laws don’t even exist and don’t have anyone in their ear telling them to stay away from the dumb sh*t. And we all see the result of that.